Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
thyroid

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

thyroid

Hi, im suffing with hypothyroid since december 2006, im always in pain with my body, i feel like im going insane, but if it was'nt for my children i think i would had lost it ages ago, i've had children since then, i've had all my thyroid removed because it had cancer in bothsides.im constanly in pain with my thyroid, i take my meds everyday since i had it out, i get a sore head so badly i feel like ripping my hair out, i've done reseach and know matter what i seach its all the same, docters do their best to help us, but now i've come to terms with it, im always looking for question and answere's but it is all just the same answere, its just be nice to talk to people who are going thour the same, so now i hope that my will overpower this, i really hope it does, cause the pain everyday is insane, i don't know how we can go thour pain like this, but now i guess it's just apart of life and we need to deal with it, i'll do my best so i hope everyone that suffers from it is doing well and keep our head up and stay strong if not for you, but for our children.
1 Comment
Hi there, I am so sorry to hear this has been oing on for such a long time.
Have you expressed these symptoms to your Endo or your local doctor? I know over the years, the dose needs to be looked at and perhaps change as our bodies change.
I also had my thyroid removed due to papillary cancer and also had a neck disection because it had spread to lympnodes and a parathyroid.
You don't have to just except the pain, have you has thyroid tests done? I had my surgery in feb this year so get tests done every couple of months.
Due to me needing my TSH suppressed I am hyper and that's a nightmare but try to push through. Ask for tests, ask for alternative meds. I'm in Australia so we only use thyroxine, but after reading lots on here the US use a combination of t4 and t3 meds.... Have you suggested that?
Change doctors if you need to, someone who will listen. I have been through a couple bc I feel they don't do anything. Don't be afraid to push them to help you, that's what they should be doing!!!!!!!!
Hope this helps :)