Cruise at 16 weeks
Hi there, I'm a healthy 28 yr old woman that typically doesn't get sick.  I've never gotten the flu vaccine and with vitamins and healthy lifestyle I've been able to avoid getting very ill. Will I be safe going on this cruise, if I take precautions and maintain a healthy immune system without a vaccination?

Before I answer and just to be clear, are you 16 weeks pregnant?

If so, there are a number of potential viruses that cause common cold, influenza, (FLU) and gastrointestinal illnesses. Some we have vaccines (FLU) for and some we do not (Norvovirus). Your obstetrician has likely recommended that you receive the flu vaccine.

Effective vaccinations offer benefit above and beyond nutrition, sleep, lifestyle choices, and health practices such as hand washing and hand sanitizer.

Hand washing is the single most important behavior that you and do while you're traveling and in general.

~ Dr. Parks

This answer provided to you is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this Medhelp.org posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.