Dizziness and sweating
During the night my husband woke up very dizzy and sweating.  His skin felt cool and clammy to the touch.  The dizziness continued for 4-5 minutes.  He had no nausea or chest pain, but was a little short of breath.  After being up 30 minutes, taking 1 aspirin and putting cold rags on his face and neck all the symptoms passed.  He is 58 years old, smokes, and about 10 pounds overweight.  Could this be caused by something he ate or should we get him to the doctor?  He say he feels fine now.
Hello now I am no expert and or docter. but you might want to check to see if he had any allergic reactions to possibly something he ate.. and I would see a docter just in case. hope this helps
Thank you for your suggestion. It does sound like an allergic reaction, but I think we'll get to the doctor.  Of course, you know how stubborn a husband can be.
GET HIM TO A DOCTOR NOW!!!!! The symptoms you describe could be a cardiac problem. At the least have an EKG done. It's painless and takes about five minutes.