UNDIAGNOSED SYMPTOMS
COMMUNITY
Ear, nose, throat bleeds
by Sam1989, Jan 28, 2009
Two days ago my boyfriend had a really horrible nose bleed. Today he was driving and started bleeding quite a bit from his ears and nose and some from his eyes. Family practice stopped the bleeding and sent him back to work.  What would have caused this? It doesn't seem normal.  He wasn't hit in the face by anything that would have caused it.
Member Comments (4)
by caregiver222, Jan 28, 2009
Nosebleeds are one thing.

Bleeds from the ears, and eyes are another.

He should NOT have been sent back to work until the cause of the bleeding was identified. Unacceptable.

Find another place to see medical care. From what you tell me your practicioner couldn't pour water out of a boot with directions on the heel.

The problem with returning to work without identifying the cause is that if there is a clotting issue, a minor fall and bump on the head could cause bleeding that would result in a stroke and brain damage.

I suspect this may be due to a simple vitamin K deficiency. But don't go taking K until you know for sure.

There are several tests to determine clotting time. Hopefully they took them.

There appears to be a clotting disorder. This can be due to taking excess aspirin, as well as some illegal drugs (unlikely).
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Jan 28, 2009

Bleeding from the different sites without any trauma can be due to some bleeding or coagulation disorder.Moreover other causes like liver disease,platelet disorder,aplastic anemia ,bone marrow disorder or leukemias need to be ruled out.Complete thorough investigations need to be done to pinpoint a cause.Pls consult a physician/hematologist.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

by Sam1989, Jan 29, 2009
I showed him your comments and suggestions and he's going to be making an appointment as soon as he can.  His nose is to the point now where it starts bleeding every time he blows his nose..and with him having a cold it happens often.  Thank you so much for your suggestions and help if there is anything else u may be able to think of in reguards to whatever is wrong with him, please do let me know. Much thanks!
by caregiver222, Jan 29, 2009
Absolutely, positively kindd. You hit the nail on the proverbial head. You also get points redeemable for siding, flooring and tools at Home Depot.

The disorder may be as simple as a vitamin K deficiency or as complex as one of the etiologies you suggest.

The cause has to be pinpointed.

I am flabbergasted you were "Blown off" by any physician without suggesting a follow-up.