Eat scab, skin, nails etc.
I really wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought I'd try anyway.
I know it sounds disgusting but I'm have problems. I eat scabs, skin, dead skin, spots, boogers, ear wax, nails. And I really don't want people commenting saying how sick and disgusting it is when I know it is.
I've been searching around on google about it and I've seen that other people do it.
Is there a term for it? How can I get help?
I'm a teenager and I do have depression. Possible schizophrenic or something on the level of symptoms. I have self-harmed before and have eating problems.
Please help, I'm worried if I'm at risk of my health.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Generally people who do this are depressed, very anxious, have low self esteem, or it is an obsessive habit. Since you have depression and possibly schizophrenia, please get this assessed by a psychiatrist. There are methods apart from drugs to keep you off the habit by counseling, behavior therapy etc.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Is there a term for this? And is it unhealthy for me? Or not causing any problems.
I feel uncomfortable bringing this, also don't know how to bring it up. It's embarassing because it's so disgusting. If it's not bad for me I'd rather not say anything and help myself!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.