Generalized Subcutaneous Lipomatosis - Help with causes / treatment?

I'm 25 years old and starting about four years ago, lipoma started growing all over my body. I visited two dermatologists and I was diagnosed with generalized subcutaneous lipomatosis. However, there was nothing that they could provide in the way of treatment. All I got was a list of foods that I shouldn't eat. (basically, I have to avoid fatty foods at all costs) However, I never did eat much fat anyway - vegtables and only chicken breast in the way of meat. Still more and more lipoma are growing and the pace at which they're appearing seems to be accelerating. At this rate, pretty soon my whole body will be covered in lipoma.

I know that there is no way to remove the lipoma that are already there, save for surgery. However, I'm more interested in treating the cause thereto, which nobody seems to be able to explain. The doctors just shrug it off. Is there really no explanation as to what the cause of this condition might be? No possible treatment?

Note: blood tests came up OK. Also, nobody in my family has ever had any lipoma. (parents or grandparents)

Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I am sorry to say but there is no treatment for this condition. The cause is often genetic and there are underlying abnormalities such as hyper lipidemia, diabetes, abnormal glucose tolerance test, and hyper uremia. None of these conditions were found in you and you do not have a family history (please check about grandparents, grand uncle aunts etc). The other  possibilities are multiple neurofibromas. These are harmless swellings made up of nerves and fibrous tissues. In some cases they run in families. Generally they do not require treatment. A similar condition causing nodules under the skin is Schwannomas. This is also genetically linked. Please discuss this with the skin specialists.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you for your answer! Anything else I find out, I'll post back here.