Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Have you been tested for Lyme disease?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Have you been tested for Lyme disease?

I have had painful bulging veins for nearly a year now among other symptoms. My previous Dr. diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. After doing tons of research online I was sure this was a misdiagnosis. I started seeing a new Dr. very recently and after the first set of tests she has determined that I have Lyme disease. After doing some reading I discovered that many of the Lyme disease sufferers have this symptom. I asked my original gp to do the lyme test and she said she did and it was negative. The new Dr. ran two tests and one was negative but the other the western blot test was positive. So even if you have been tested ask if your Dr. did the western blot test. Lyme disease in my readings has been referred to as the great imitator and is often misdiagnosed. I start treatment this week and am very hopeful.  

This discussion is related to Vein pain and bulging.
I have read that vasculitis is a known symptom of Lyme, along with many other things.  It is a confusing disease made worse by unreliable testing and lack of awareness in both patients and doctors.  That is great that you got a diagnosis you are confident in.  You are welcome to come to the Lyme Disease forum.  Tell us about how you found your doctor and your expected treatment plan.  We love to compare notes!
A co-worker of mine sees a specialist in New York. Yes, it is difficult to get the right treatment. She is a nurse as well. She is on disabilty now. It can be very serious. If you have Lyme Disease, the TX can take a long time!