Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I have had a constant sharp pain under left breast/rib cage??

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had a constant sharp pain just under left breast almost right in my rib cage and also a pain that is on top of my left breast and goes up my neck all left side. And this pain has been constant for five days now and today its not as sharp as it has been, it hurts more when i am working and moving around lots. and when i take a deep breath or hick-up or laugh anything that jars it like that it feels like someone stabs a knife in my side but then after a second it goes back to the regular constant pain. And my husband an I starting trying for a baby last month and my cycle is usually a bit irregular and my longest cycle before was 45 days and now i am goning on 53 days since my last period and i have taken two at home tests and both negative so i was wondering if the two are maybe connected somehow or not im not sure..but any ideas would be very helpful, thank-you!
Sounds a lot like costochondritis.  But with irregular menses, I hope you are getting your thyroid levels, FSH, LH, prolactin (if discharge occuring), and anything else a doctor thinks should be checked.  Thyroid problems or even a pituitary tumor (they say one in five has one) can cause menstrual irregularities.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Generally breast pain that comes and goes and disappears in between is due to fibroadenosis. This is a benign condition and often there is no lump associated with it. It generally responds to drugs like Danazol. Pain felt primarily under left breast is often due to acidity and gastric reflux. It can also be due to costochondritis. Since there is also delayed periods chances of PCOS is there. Both these conditions can coexist. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!