Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Joint Pain at 20 years old??

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Joint Pain at 20 years old??

I had Thyroid surgery about 2 years ago and ever since I've had extreme pain in my joints. They grind and pop constantly! I don't know why? Does anyone know where I should start researching. My doctor does not know. We did X-Rays and still nothing.
Maybe have your doctor send you to a rheumatologist.  Not sure what led you to getting the surgery (hypothyroidism), but:

For some people, hypothyroidism can contribute to joint and muscle problems.

Specifically, hypothyroidism may lead to:

Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness, especially in the shoulders and hips
Joint pain and stiffness
Swelling of the knee joint and small joints in the hands and feet
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Reducing pain
Treatment may include a couple approaches.

Adequate thyroid hormone treatment often helps dramatically.
Pain relievers may help, too.
When to see your doctor
Keep in mind that people with the most common form of hypothyroidism have an increased risk of developing other autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis. If pain, stiffness and swelling don't improve after adequate thyroid treatment, consult your doctor. He or she may consider other possible causes of your joint pain.

The pain sounds like it is related to your thyroid.  I wouldn't give up.  I'm sure your doctor will be able to help you.  Good luck.

I was Hyperthyroid.
I found out when I was playing college basketball. I am right handed and it hit those joints first after the surgery. What concerns me, is that it is spreading to the opposite side.
Thank you for your advice!
Carissa