Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lump behind left ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lump behind left ear

I developed a small hard lump behind my left ear almost 12 years ago.  At the time we went to the doctors and they told me it was just a cyst and to come back if it got larger and or painful. Fast forward to now and the lump is now quarter size and is so large it makes my glasses crooked on my face.  The lump is not painful but I have had major dizzy spells and headaches in the past 8 months, though those may be related to some major undiagnosed digestive issues were trying to diagnose (possibly GERD or an IBD). I mentioned the lump on my last DR visit when I went in for anal bleeding and he didn't even look at the lump just dismissed my mentioning it with a shake of the head as if it wasn't even a concern. Am I just being a little too paranoid about this? After all this was no big deal 12 years ago so it shouldn't be now, and if it had been anything to worry about I think it would have revealed itself by now.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The lump is producing pressure symptoms now and hence should probably be removed. It can be a cyst or a swollen lymph node or a lipoma or a neurofibroma (collection of nervous and fibrous tissue). Though not as such a cause of concern, any lump increasing in size and causing symptoms, should be properly investigated. TAKE A SECOND OPINION.
Take care!
Seems to me you're asking the right questions but your doctors do not seem to be listening to your concerns.
My suggestion, SWITCH DOCTORS, and keep doing that until you find the one who WILL LISTEN.
YOU are your best advocate when it comes to your body and your health.
Do not EVER let a doctor's lack of interest in your health concerns dictate that it's simply not important enough an issue to address.
If YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT IT, find a doctor who cares enough to acknowledge that!
Warmest Regards.