Lump on left side of neck
I've posted questions in this forum before when I was uncertain about symptoms that was later diagnoised as G.E.R.D, and found it very useful. I thank everyone who participates in these forums, as guidance is very important.

I noticed a small lump on the left side of my neck about two years ago. Unfortunately I dismissed and forgot about it for some time. I rediscovered the same lump about six months ago, and it has been on my mind ever since. In the last three or so months I have been experiencing pain on the same side of my neck, although the lump itself isn't sensitive. The pain seems to be coming from somewhere a little deeper than the lump. I've read about enlarged lymph nodes and what they suggest.

Like most Americans I am without medical insurance, and so my only real option is to visit the emergency room. I plan to go to the ER early tomorrow morning. I know there is something wrong, and I know it is going to cost money to treat it. Does anyone know of any special programs that assist people who cannot afford treatment? I've tried searching the web but most of the information I find is on purchasing health insurance. I am a 22 yr old male, part time student, and recently laid off from work.
I think you may find the person at the ER will know where you can get possible assistance with your bill, as they are interested in getting paid for services.
Odd but important question. Have you recently had a dental complaint i.e. an abscess and if you can remember did you have one prior to finding that lump before? Often a pocket of pus (gross I know) will pool and become a lump on the neck, painful but not always...before you think there is something seriously wrong, or investigate health insurances -- know that a simple antibiotic may resolve this type of problem. Best wishes.
Thank you for your response. I did have have a wisdom tooth extracted about six months ago. The lump was there before the extraction, and the pain began only recently. So it is possible that the extraction somehow affected "it" and I am experiencing after effects. This is something to consider, but I geuss I am planning for the worse while hoping for the best. Thank you for your insight.