Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lyme might be your problem.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lyme might be your problem.

I experienced a severe panic attack on 7/11/06. Needless to say after that day I was a mental, emotional and physical wreck. I of course began seeing numerous doctors and specialists for a diagnoses. ALL of them said my condition and my many physical symptoms were due to anxiety. After hearing the "anxiety' diagnoses enough times you begin to "settle on it" ... but thanks to people on this message board that suggested the possibility of Lyme disease did I seek out an Lyme Literate Doctor. Recently it has been confirmed that I have Lyme. I (like many people with Lyme) could have gone years misdiagnosed or thinking all of my problems were anxiety related, while inevitably deteriorating mentally and physically.
THANK GOD for the knowledgeable people on this board !

Here is my opinion as to when to SERIOUSLY check into Lyme:
- If you have had no history of anxiety or depression before your multi-system and symptom complaints began.
- If you live in an area where Lyme is common or where the weather is warm.
- If you engage in outdoor activities (especially where there are deer present).
- If you have a dog or other pets which go into wooded areas (that is where a deer tick might hitch a ride and possibly get to you !
- Note: At least half the people with Lyme do not remember being bit or did not remember ever seeing a tick !!!

If you suspect Lyme find a Lyme Literate doctor and have them order advanced tests from a qualified lab like Igenex.

I am so happy that you found your diagnosis. There was one young poster who was told that she had anxiety problems, since she was 13 years old. I think is 21 now and her fingers are curling! This happens to patients' with lyme disease who have not been treated!

I hope the IV antiobiotics are working for you. If not, you may want to consider the Marshall Protocol. There are many people doing the MP who have been diagnosed with lyme disease. Some of them had not had 100% success with the IV antibiotics and are having success with the MP.

I have been experiencing severe twitching, especially on my upper arms and pain in arms, legs, hands, knukles, joints in general along with cramping in toes and legs.
  I have been having test after test but nothing major is showing up and I've never felt worse.  I know they think I am crazy. My Nurse Practioner wants to send me for a Lyme blood test called a Western Blot test because some of my bloodwork came back with inflammation in it.  My Doctor said no way because I don't have a bite or markings anywhere. I do not agree with him.  He has asked me several times if I am under alot of stress and tells me I look fine! I'm so frustrated!!! You're email gave me hope to figure out what was wrong.  He is dismissing me as having anxiety and stress. Yes I have stress, but like everyone else. Nothing out of the ordinary.  Please tell me what test you had to take and what other symtoms (symptoms) you had.
I'm getting very depressed feeling so awful without any answers and being told that it is stress and anxiety. Anything else you can tell me would be great!