Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Pain in chest to the L and next to sternum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Mild pain in chest just left/center of sternum.  EKG, Chest X-Ray, Stress Test normal.  Diagnosed with GERDs.  Could GERDs be what is causing the pain?

Also, had gall bladder removal 2 yrs ago.  Still experience pain in area.  Appendix removed 1 year ago.  

(Wishing I could take my body in for an overhaul, but that just doesn't happen.)

Any ideas?  Don't feel it's life threatening.  Just annoying when it happenes.
What medication are you taking for the GERD?  
GERD can cause chest pain now Iam not a doc but this is some info i found, Long-term GERD can lead to Barrett's esophagus, a condition in which the color and composition of the cells lining the lower esophagus change because of repeated exposure to stomach acid. Barrett's esophagus is a risk factor for esophageal cancer.
But i wouldnt  jump to assume thats it, maybe a CT or a MRI could show better results for something less serious.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
After gall bladder surgery if you are having pain under the right ribs, and liver studies are normal, then it could be due to an abscess. A CT scan should be done. Otherwise it can be due to lingering liver infection. It can also be due to acidity and duodenal ulcer. Take a late night snack. Raise head end of bed. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. Walking around also helps clear gas. It could also be muscle pull that can be treated by applying local analgesic creams. If all these are ruled out, then laproscopy should be done. Such an undiagnosed pain is usually due to adhesions and cutting the adhesions takes care of the pain.
Pain on left side next to sternum can be due to acidity and reflux. It can also be due to costochondritis, which causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. An orthopedic doctor can diagnose this for you. Generally there is no cause. However it can be due to infection, blow, injury, or fibromyalgia. It usually goes away on its own. Otherwise it can be treated with muscle relaxants, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs.
Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss with your doctor once. Hope this helps. Take care!
I have exact same thing as you. I know it hurts so bad. Feels like giant bubble in center of chest that just wont quit. I will give you one tip, that helped me: If I took my meds(Nexium or Zegerid) and didnt eat something soon after, pain got worse. I dont know if there is a medical reason to back this up, but its almost like the medicine needed the food, or it would suck up my natural acid or something. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I swear there is something to it. I wasnt eating or drinking very much because I felt so bad. When I started to eat again, it got better. Hope this helps, hope it made sense.