Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Part of leg numb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Part of leg numb

I was forced to sleep on my back two nights ago, which I had not done in months.  Ever since, the top and outside of my right thigh feel numb, like when your foot falls asleep.  That makes me think that something is blocking the blood from reaching there.
How does your back feel?  I am thinking maybe something is inflamed and possibly compressing a nerve or something.  Have you ever had back problems?  

If your leg/foot is nice and pink like the rest of the skin on your body, (as well as warm - it shouldn't be cold to the touch) and you are able to move your foot and wiggle your toes, it should be getting decent circulation.  With a clot, you'll usually have pain, so my guess is that it may not be related to circulation.   If you ever notice a spot that is swollen and warm and there is pain, I'd call the doctor right away though.  It's always better safe than sorry.

Just my humble opinion - good luck to you!
I had a similar issue where the thigh of my left leg became numb for no reason really. I saw a doctor and he told me it would eventually go away but could take up to a month. After about a week it returned to normal. But you should still see a doctor to be sure.
I have a 12 year old step-daughter who for several months now has been having problems with her left leg ..

It happens a few times a week out of nowhere she is unable to walk and has in many occassions fallen becuase her left leg gets numb .. she is unable to move it or even wiggle her toes .. she get some light pain and it is for about a minute or less ..

what do you thnk i should do?
my left leg all of the sudden went numb and i could barley feel it and i kept getting really scared but  days later i am fine and not numb so i think it was a pinched nerve