Sick with no fever - but super sick
My boyfriend is not feeling well - it started with a headache almost as bad as a migraine - he has body aches, particularly in his legs and he says they are bad pains, he is constantly getting hot, even when just under a sheet - but doesn't have a fever - but then he'll get cold if he isn't under a blanket. I noticed last night that his nose is a bit stuffed and he definitely has diarrhea. It makes me nervous that he doesn't have a fever, but he is sick. He is a teacher in California so I know he can catch something there, but what? He never takes time off of work so staying home from work the last two days is definitely sending up a red flag that he is sick...what should we do? He isn't taking anything - he was taking migraine medicine. Is there something over the counter I can get him?

From the symptoms,it sounds like a viral infection.Fatigue and body aches are symptomatic of viral infection.Give him adequate fluids and an analgesic like diclofenac or acetaminophen.Also give him light nutritious diet and avoid spices and fried foods.

If the symptoms persist even after 7 days then pls get a complete blood profile done along with thyroid and liver profile from a physician.
Hope it helps.Kind regards and pls do keep me posted.
Thank you so much DrJSingh. I'll definitely keep you posted.

Kind regards, KJ
I have been sick for a couple weeks now, it hurts to breathe but there is no congestion in my lungs. I have a lot of body aches and am very tired, but I do not have a fever even when I feel hot to the touch I am not running a fever.
I noticed you recommend getting the thyroid tested I've had ongoing issues with mine, does not having a fever point to something being wrong with the thyroid?
I have had these symptoms as well, and I was diagnosed with Epstein Barr in the past. It sounds viral, but only a test can confirm. Best of luck.