Sinus & Digestive Ailments from Carbohydrates
I'm not sure if I need to see an Allergist, ENT, Gastroenterologist, Internist or who because about an hour after eating a carbohydrate I seem to get inflammation and swelling on my right side only...starting in my right sinuses, behind right eye, right ear, right throat, right lymph gland in neck, and going in a straight line down the right side of my chest and down to my right kidney. If I only eat meat, salads, and non starchy vegetables, water and plain tea, I don't have any symptoms. I have been trying to control this situation with this restrictive diet for over 8 years. The chronic sinus problem has been bothering me for over 30 yrs with decades of infections, antibiotics, allergy shots, steroid sprays. It seems like the sinus condition always involves gastrointestinal bloating, belching, gas, and pain in right kidney. If I eat any carbohydrate to try and fill up, I take complex digestive enzymes which helps somewhat, but I still get inflammation and pain on right side of my body from head to kidney area. Is it a lymphatic system problem? Fungus? Bacteria? If I have sinus trouble, I have digestive misery. If I don't eat carbs or any sugar, I don't get sinus problems or digestive problems and I'm thin and starving. Problems are on right side only.  I wish I could find an answer to this problem so I could eat without feeling like food is a poisonous enemy to me. I'm so frustrated.

Thanks for the detailed post. I think you are suffering from adult onset carbohydrate intolerance. Enzymes needed to digest carbohydrates decrease in adulthood due to celiac disease and tropical sprue (which affect absorption in the intestine) or intestinal infections and injuries. This is diagnosed using oral tolerance tests. With proper management this can be taken care of.

Sinus symptoms may or may not be related to carbohydrates. It could be due to crabs you mentioned. Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything else.
Hi, and thanks for responding. What kind of Doctor do I need to see?

You can see a MD specialist in internal medicine or a gastroenterologist. Please keep me posted.