Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sulphuric/ Eggy burps and stomach cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 201-224 comments:
To everyone.  i am a 38 year old male who has been suffering like many of you.  About 5 years ago this started and I would honestly prefer death opposed to going through this. (just while im going through it)  It starts with an incredibly full feeling and then the burps starts.  Only way i can describe it is roadkill coming up from my stomach.  The smell alone starts the vomiting, and when I do vomit, I can see food ive eatn over the last two days, without hardly any change.  The worst stomach cramps and diaherra (diarrhea) come right with.  It happens tome every 4 or 5 weeks.  my Dr. is stumped.  He has tried all the meds ive seen mentioned here but to no avail.  Common sense tells me for some reason my stomach isnt emptying out like it should and the food actually starts to to rot in my body.  I guess just never eating a big meal again and eating a tiny bit a few more times a day is the answer?  My heart goes out to all of you.  I suffer with gegenerative joints and deal with pain on a dailybasis, but nothing comes even close tothe agony of this problem.  I honestly wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.  God Bless-Sick in NY
I too had all the symptoms above!  The one medication that changed my life is Domperidone.  I suggest talking to your doc about it because with it, I can live life normally for the first time in years.  I don't have any problems anymore!  All I can say is, do your research and talk to your doc and I do hope it helps.
My god, it makes me feel so relieved that I am not the only one experiencing these symptoms!! I'm 14years old and I experience this about once a month, but sometimes as frequently as every 3 days, and it lasts the entire day! Horrible smelling burps, stomach aches, headaches, vomiting, it's all just so horrible! I ask my mother at least once every two weeks to see a doctor just once about it but she always dismisses it as just me whining about being sick. It's so frustrating, but it gives me some self satisfaction knowing that others are experiencing the same problem. Hopefully doctors will find out the cause of this thing soon. I'd hate to have this thing for the rest of my life!
Hi My name is Dave Schultz. I have had a similar issue as you. I have to agree that it is probably the most discusting thing that I have ever had to go through. our symtoms (symptoms) seem to be the same . I have done a bit a reasearch and have found a few helpfull items along the way.

My situation started around 9 years ago. , I had no explaination and I blamed any food that I have eaten the day before as the reason why I was getting sick.

As time went on years that is I would try to pin point everything.  This is how mine started. In the Morning when I wake up I would get what I called the " BURP"  this would tell me that within the next few hours i was going to be down and out . My illness would last about 3 days. after a few hours I would have graphic liquid dark diharriah. (SP)  at this point my stomach would be so rotton feeling I can only lay down and wait till next trip to bathroom.  shortly after a days worth of bathroom trips I would start the Vomit cycle. and I would alternate sitting and vomiting..  the smell in the bathroom would be unbarable..Im sorry for the graphic nature but I do think you understand the situation. I always ended up being able to start sleeping after a few cycles of vomit. .... I would only be able to drink ginger ale and eat the occasional cracker.this has been chronic for 9 years . 2 -4 times per year.  

Positve results....  the past 2 years I have been involved with an internet franchise that has alot of great products. if you look up ISOTONIX  you will find a digestive enzyme that is very helpfull.. The other product is called Ultimate Aloe.  I have been able to reduce my 3 day event to 12 hours. from the 1st burp to the last puke.. Now I still go through the entire cycle but I do it with less pain and in less time... Im not trying to sell you anything , I just know what it is like to look for answers.. i have spent hours on the internet and never got an answer, I went to the Dr and never got any relief.  This is what I have to help .I offer it cause I know how everyone feels....
schultz rewards at yahoo com

Good Luck I wish you well  .. If you have any questions about anything that I have said here you may reply to me and I will supply my phone # if requested.   Dave
I have had the same problem since I had my first child who is now 4 1/2. I had it so bad that I could not even get up to walk and i was out with my kids doing errands. Not sure what causes it but the first time it happened I had eatten some ice cream so i cut down on my diary intake well than it happened again this time reall was not sure why. I do notice that when my bowels start to get hard or i do not go go has much i start to get the burps than the cramping in my stomach and lower back than the alternate trips to vomit or have diarreha. I have a endoscopy done and they didn't find anything so now I just take a latixtive to help with the hard bowls and it seems to help a little. I have three kids 4 1/2, 2 1./2 and 10 months, i wish they would find a the problem for this becasue it makes it hard to care ofr my kids
I find the comment about the Taco Bell to be a bit compelling...My symptoms (the hydrogen Sulfide burps accompanied by diarrhea) used to only arise when I ate too many Nacho Cheese Doritos, so I swore off of them completely. However, for the last two weekends in a row, these symptoms have returned.  I am with everyone else, I wish there was a difinitive diagnosis that came with this issue, because it is discusting and distressing to everyone who experiences it.  I also thought that I was alone and when I would try and explain the suffering to friends I would tell them, "I have burps that taste like farts!" No kidding.  Then yesterday a friend asked if there was an acidic or metalic taste to them, I didn't know.  If it is in fact hydrogen sulfide, then we are all suffering from an overly acidic stomach.  Tums have seemed to help, but only for a short time.
Today marks the second time this year, and it is only early March.  In January, it hit so bad that I had to go to the ER because dehydration had caught up with me.  During the night, I went to the toilet so much, that I f.  Of course, the ER said it was the typical "stomach flu"--I cannot remember the fancy name for it, but it is mentioned in these posts.  
elt on the verge of passing out.  Today, I woke up to the hydrogen-sulfide burp which signals the start of 24-48 hours of incapacitation.   The burp almost always comes first, and when it comes, that means that going to work for the day is out of the question.  Then, the stomach pain and diarrhea follow.  I have only vomited once last year.  Repeated burps, intense gas, and almost constant diarrhea are the symptoms.  I know it is over when the burps return to normal.  Then, it will be several days before the next bowel movement.  It is a fairly vile affair.  It is hard to sleep at night.  I have to be in a bed by myself, and one of the bathrooms in the house is reserved for me.  Going to work is out of the question as I would be on the toilet a great deal of the time.  Besides that, you could all imagine why a public restroom is not the ideal place to be.  I can hear my stomach churning,and the episodes in the bathroom can be rather loud.  

Judging by the other responses, there is no conclusive idea to what this is.  Today, it finally dawned on me that the fact it is recurrent points to something else.  My guess is that I have this "bug" all the time, but it is dormant the majority of the time.  Now, if we can figure out what makes it go active.  Whatever the case, all I can do is lay flat on my back until it is over.  This position seems to bring some measure of relief.
Yes very true
I have been like this for 3 days now.....I notice this happened after I went to a salad buffet..ive been burping egg sulfur smell, gas, bloating, and bad cramps!...
I had this last night and found this thread at 4am. I've had it ongoing for 2.5 years now, and I've had a lot of testing done for everything from parasites to gallstones to celiac disease to ulcerative colitis (blood, stool, urine, endoscopy, ultrasound and CT scan) but it's all come back clear.

Two comments have really jumped out at me, and I can't find the original authors but

1) I think food additive allergy/intolerance might be worth pursuing. Like others, the last thing I ate was Wendy's fries. A stupid "treat" I got for myself, amongst a pretty whole foods diet overall. :/ It sounds like there's quite a bit of variability about trigger foods, but I think it's possible a lot of us have food intolerances. RAST testing won't give accurate results for intolerances - you need to look at muscle testing, ALCAT testing, or keeping a food log and doing an elimination/provocation diet. ALCAT isn't covered by insurance and it's not cheap, but I think I'm going to be doing it soon because I can't keep on like this.

2) I read the post here on taking an antihistamine. I figured it couldn't really hurt to try it, and in 30 minutes the burps were totally gone. The food in my intestines still had to get out and that kept me up all night, but I didn't feel nauseous anymore, which was a marked improvement.

Another thing I experience with these episodes is that even after the acute attack is over, eating in the wake of it is tricky. I get pain easily afterwards and frequently wind up fasting for several days. The last attack I had, I decided to try eating a FODMAPs diet for a few days afterwards (it's a diet that avoids Fermentable Oligo-, Di-, and Mono-Saccarides and Polyols - thus the acronym). I had good results easing back into eating that way.

Hopefully that helps somebody. Sorry all, such a rotten thing to go through.
Sounds like an  off-egg smell fart coming up the wrong way.  Some are so bad they seem related to the sulfurcompound  mercaptin smells of skunks.
Maybe this will address part of the problem:   make sure all your sources of water to drink do not contain any sulfur related compounds.  During vacations  to SW  Florida I drank the smelly warteer, always had exceedingly smelly BM's and farts.
Tried drinking only bottled or canned products:  including cola drinks, bottled warter and even beer.   No smell.  .

And try this for a bland diet to reduce or eliminate diarrhea:   BANANAS, PLAIN RICE, ICED TEA, AND JELLO. NO CITRUS OR DAIRY PRODUCTS OR SOFT DRINKS. bananas provide potassium and other nutrients;  plain rice supplies carbs, iced tea provides tannic acid,  (no lemon but you can use a little sugar)  and jello,  provides some limited vitamins C  and  pectin.  stay hydrated with pure bottled water.
A Greek- born  and educated doctor working part of his residency on staff ay  the College Infirmary told me this.   It can work in some cases.  
One rapid response  rmed for diarrhea  is immodium.  Almosrt worth its weight in gold!   Hope this can help, even if just a little.
Pretty much have the same symptoms as most people here
-bad burps
-diarrhea or just constantly having to go to bathroom because of upset stomach
-vomiting occurs sometimes, not sure if because i smell the burps or because i have to

Someone had mentioned prevacid, in canada or at least quebec you need a prescription so pharmacist recommended pepcid, just took one now, its every 12 hours, ill update if it worked
also i find this happens after i ate a huge meal way too fast the night before or after something from a fast food restaurant
hi steve, just to let you know. my wife has had this problem since she was 18 she is now 71, she has seen many doctors, consultants even having her gaul bladder removed all to no avail. it used to come sometimes lasting just for a day and sometimes lasting for months. after having the most recent bout for seven months in desperation she went to a new doctor. having explained the problem he gave it some thought, he told her to take a drug called DOMPERIDONE 10 MG TABLETS. ONE THREE TIMES PER DAY.after a week it went. she always said that when she found something that cured this problem she would make it known to everyone. i am not kidding when she had these bouts it was totally devestating because we could never have visitors, as the smell was tso bad,and it hung about the whole house. this has given her a new life sounds simple but there you are.it looks as though food was staying to long in the stomach. but DOMPERIDONE HAS CURED IT. try it and i hope it works for you. michael wilkinson
hi again steve, just add to  the reply i sent, you will also have to keep to low fat as much as possible. try to leave out red meat bacon etc. chicken fish seem to be ok.michael wilkinson.
glad i could help!
Ive had the same symptoms since I was in elementary. I know there hasnt been much talk about weight, but I am curious as to the weight of each person here.

I was obese my entire life and these aweful flatulent burps, diarrhea, vomiting is unbearable. Threatening even.

I can honestly say though, before I broke my neck over a year ago, I was vegan for over 2 years. During those 2 years I never once had this problem.

Since being bedridden and taken care of by obese individuals from church, it has come back.

Though my neck is healed, and I'm back to working out, it's been so hard to go back to vegan due to such addictions we have with animal products and tastes.

I'm 188.6 as of today, and low and behold, today is not the first day I have yet experienced it again since eating animal.

I'm really sick of this. And I truly wonder what impact the government has over our animal raising/farming.

If we are not eating organically fresh foods, the impact deadly poisons such as pesticides, steroids (which is illegal, right?)  and other harmful substances are doing to our bodies.

I want to be back in the great shape I worked so hard to be in before the accident. I want to feel great from knowing EVERYTHING that I'm putting into my body.

I will say though, taking a dose of Pepto, was a good temporary fix.

Not having insurance either and having to get to know MY body for all these years, being vegan sure seems to have helped me in the past.

Wish me luck! This won't be easy but will be beneficial!!!

Julie Highland
OMGosh, I have been going through this for several years now and thought I was pretty much all alone. This site has lifted so much anxiety from me,just knowing there are others that have experienced this vile event. I was wondering one other thing however,and that is the "sound" of my burp. Good Lord it sounds otherworldly! Just a wonderin'... My worst,most embarrassing day was when I flew home for Christmas from Bellingham to SoCal. I was in the shower and those dang burps started. I froze with fear as I had to make that flight. I brought an extra coat and buried myself leaning against the window,faking sleep. It was all I could do to concentrate so I would not bust myself with the "audio". I dont think there was one person that didn't express themselves over the really rank odor in that plane including myself!!! I was horrified. I barely made it to the restroom for the next course. I had a two hr wait until the next flight and I did not budge off that toilet. I had it all-very frightful! I had to change my clothes. Luckily I was a few days early and had time to recoup before Christmas day. I woke up this morning starting the burp gig and all I know is I cannot go thru this again! If I experience some insight on treatment and relief,I will share. Im sorry you have to go thru this also and thank you everyone for speaking up. L
Hi I had an stomach ulcer due to cancer when I was 14 and use to get these horrible burps I found out it was pork products for some reason? I use to take Pepto Bismal to stop it. Now 37 I have been diagnosed with celiac disease and have to eat a gluten free diet and Iknow when I'm going to be ill when theses pesky burps crop up I can hear the acid rumbling around my stomach I did have a large meal the night before but still no idea whats causes them. I shall your pain.
The best part about this whole community of sulphur excreters is the shared pain (physical and emotional). Knowing I'm not gonna die is a huge relief. When I woke up with the cramping I immediately thought oh god my appendix just burst, I'm gonna die. Then I calmed down when the sulphur tasting burps started, and I googled egg burps and found this site. I think calming down definitely helps. I also know for a fact that propper sleep helps with propper digestion, because when i get over tired I often get heartburn. For whatever that is worth...From what I've read those like me with rare attacks probably got a bug parasite or salmonella poisoning. I was sick yesterday but felt better after purging. Today I was fine until I went to bed then woke up around 1AM with that terrible abdominal pain. I don't feel bad for myself as I probably brought it on myself with over eating yesterday and I think I finished a piece of undercooked chicken (so I blame myself). But I feel helpless to help the kids on this forum that suffer from the malady. Some of you have chronic symptoms and that is horrible to hear and I hope you find relief. Good luck to you all and god bless.
chicken is a hard meat for my system to handle  a i have had the above symptoms for a week now. the doc seems to think i have "gastroenteritis" and in his own words stated, "it means i'm not sure what you have going on”
if anyone out there in the med help world has any advice, let me know.
sincerely
I am currently experiencing something si
similar.
I think I got food poisoning 3days ago, causing me to vomit violently with diarrhoea. A couple of days on and I have these most disgusting eggy burps. I guess that the balance of my stomach has been upset which is causing this. I have had it before, and its a disgusting sense that whatever us going in my stomach is just fermenting.
I came online now to see what I could access easily because its a long bank holiday and most of the shops are shut. I am currently trying health salts that you can get cheaply from the supermarket, but I'm not sure of the results yet - other than a laxative effect which it does say can be expected on the tin. However, I was given some Carbo Veg homeopathic stuff a few days ago, and that did give immediate relief of symptoms then. So I will try and get some of that when the shops open. I will try a '6c' first.
I have been under an incredible amount of stress lately ... most of it stemming for all that comes with dealing with life and grief with my 5 children after my husband died very unexpectedly almost 4 years ago. I have a sty, which I have not had in probably 15 years. The eye Dr started me on antibiotics about 24 hours ago. Now I am having those nasty burps, gurgling guts, flatulence and that horrible stomach pain. I stopped taking the meds because I just can't stand the burps. I remember getting these when I was in High School. I can't remember what I did to get rid of them, but I wish I would just vomit than to keep burping every few minutes ... its about gagging me. I think I am dehydrated too, just from the hot weather and not drinking enough water. I am debating if a glass of water would help, but I am terrified that it is going to make it worse. All this just exacerbates the stress and symptoms ... Ugh ... its so bad, I wish someone would just rip my guts out and make it stop!!!  Father's Day without my husband, my dad, or any of my or my husband's grandfathers is bad enough ... these burps and this gas is just too much ... just make it STOP!!!!!  YUCK.. GAG!!!!
I have had it twice in the previous week, both after having a large amount of food just before i go to bed, so that may be a possible cause, also, I have found pinching  your nostrils with your fingers will allow you to not taste the burps at all until you unpinch your nostrils (pinching so that your nostrils are blocked), it isn't much but it takes the primary disgusting taste away.
i am a 27 yr old type 1 diabetic with fibromyalgia i also suffer with anxiety disorders and depression, recently i have had eggy burps with sever stomach pains upset stomach and feeling sick and weak it has lasted up to 3 weeks each time doctors have run tests but with no real results, i am a mother of two and a wife to a very patient husband but this is really starting to effect my life just last week i missed one of my best friends weddings due to being stuck on the loo and to weak to do anything. does anyone know what is causing this and or tip on how to help it any advice greatfully recxieved xx
  There is something called a 'stomach seizure'  its a neurological disorder which effects the stomach causing internal convulsions of the stomach...this can be mild or very severe.  All of the symptoms posted here fit the criteria.  I'm not saying all of u have this... But its a definite possibilty for some of you suffering this affliction.  Go to a neurologist, discuss the possibility with him or her and ask for an eeg and a sonogram.   You might just need to take a simple pill per day...  Or it may be more serious...either way...its with a shot.   Celiac disease is also a possible cause of this, also an allergy to a certain type of spicey food product might possibly be the cause.  If you are on any type of serious medication, like neurological medicines or medicines for cancer or HIV/AIDS, they have a history of causing these types of symptoms.
  I just got back from our doc with my 9 yr old son who has been fighting the stinky,bad tasting,horrible egg smelling burps ,vomiting and watery bowl movements,very painful cramping. His burps are so bad ,my dad said one of my sons burps could run magets off a corps.Thats pretty bad, so we did some research and found the problem is a bacteria called ''Helicobacter pylori ''or H. pylori.Please look this up they can do a boold test,even just by smelling your breath because the bateria produces the egg smelly gas.The doc put him on Amoxicillian,Biaxin,Pepto,and Prilosect,we are starting these today,I hope they work.You can emial me and let me know if this wored for you.Goodluck FunnehGaal I hope your mother reads this and becomes a little more under standing.My son feels alot better now Knowingthat he's not a stinky freak and that it is a real medical condition.***@****
I have the same problem sulfer burps with bad bad diarrhea. And it would come fir two or three days and go away for two or three days and it did that over and over. And he said that most likley i had an bacterial infection in my intestines. by the way it was come and go come and go. And a round of antibiotics got rid of it for about a year and now it is back
I've been having these stinky eggy burps for years now more so since moving to the states but over the last 2 or 3 months about once a week funny thing is my wife has the same thing but a little worse then me at times bad diarrhea and really bad bloating and cramps but hardly no vomiting she is going to the doctors at the moment she had a ultra sound today and the tech had a bad time as she was so bloated and gassy the ultra sound dont work to well with gas it has trouble seeing the doctor has done loads of blood tests but all have come back fine apart from a high white blood count as if she is fighting a infection the ultra sound was done to see if her gallbladder was full of slug well thats what the doctor said lol my wife seems to thing she has a gluten allergy that is making her this way but we eat mostly the same foods but we dont get stinky burps at the same time its so strange she does say that some foods will trigger her burps like broccoli and some greens and pork hope we find a way to get control of this.
I have finally found the answer!  I have been suffering from this for 4 years now, and I discovered the answer today!

As soon as you burp the first eggy burp, take an Alka Seltzer OR put a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it.
I am so amazed by reading this thread. I have had this burping, upset stomach thing, for years. For me, it comes and goes and I can for months and not have it. I actually just got over a bout of it. Well, not totally over it. I still don't feel too well, but the rotten egg burps are gone. I have had those so badly, that I can't go into public because they stink, just awful! Sometimes my breath even smells without burping. I also have noticed that I feel like burping sometimes, but nothing comes out. I usually have loose stools (that can be yellow in color and my doctor says yellow is okay). I don't know that any food necessarily causes it, or starts it, but I don't know that it can definitely make it worse. For me, fasting for a day, can make it allot better. I also know that eating beef can really make it worse and me feel sicker.  When this first started, it was before I had my gallbladder out, and I thought it might have been that, but having it out, didn't make it go away. I have wondered if it is caused by lack of gallbladder, or a properly functioning gallbladder.  I do know that I am more likely to have this in the spring and fall, (though not limited to) and the degree to which I get sick, can very. I have had it so badly that I couldn't leave the house because of urgency to use the bathroom. Bowels so lose that it just ran out, with no control.

I also experience some back pain while having this my stomach can be very bloated and distended, which I believe is gas. Sure would be nice to know what causes this. Yuck!
hi all........ few week ago i woke up a morning wid vomiting dioreah and eggy burpz...... that day waas like a never ending... finaly the dioreah and vomiting calmd... but... the burps.. eggy burps made my life  (hell)..... i went to doctors several times... as i couldnt tolerate the burps no more but had no choice but to put up with them... being a diebetic (diabetic) my doctor had started me on a new injection called (EXSENITIDE)  having sulphuric eggy burps stomach cramps was 1 of the side affects....... what i was not aware off... on my next visit to the specialist my diebty nurse... i explained all the symptons and how i sufferd from thease rotton burps.... the first thing she told me was it was an side affect due to the injection i was taking....AT LEAST MY MIND WAS TO REST....  i knew what was the cause to the burpz.... then my doctor explained to me that what i eat rather than it flowing down to digest.... the food flows up in the pipe ov stomach and that causes the nasty eggy burps... also i should avoid food like curry spices kababz...etc etc... when lieng down i should lie on a side rather than straight...and prescribed me  ( domperidone )tablets... so far touch wood.... i havnt had the eggy burps... i feeel alive lol i thought i would share my burpy trauma with you guys who have all sufferd.... for any medical advice do ask your doctor it realy helps......
I have had two scary episodes of having endless diarrhea, vomiting, horrible headache, along with burping what tasted like greasy rotten eggs.  The first episode lasted 5 to 7 days.  This last episode lasted 24 hours, which I am currently recovering from it.

In both cases, I was self treating for a bladder infection, taking vitamin C and drinking non-stop amounts of diet Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice.  Two main ingredients of diet Cranberry Juice are Red Dye #40 and Sucralose, otherwise known as Splenda.  High doses of Splenda, can cause migraines and gastrointestinal issues.  Here is a link discussing the dangers of Splenda in high doses.  http://www.karlloren.com/Diabetes/p40e.htm.

Red dye #40 has it's own series of side effects, including causing migraines and cancer.  Here is a link discussing some of it's issues.  http://www.livestrong.com/article/487389-harmful-effects-of-red-food-coloring/

My first go around with this nastiness, I had kept drinking the diet cranberry juice during the entire episode, because I had bad bladder and possibly kidney infection.  I was downing the juice as fast as I could urinate it out.  When I ran out of cranberry juice, started getting better.  

This go around, as soon as I got sick, I couldn't hold down any juice or water or anything.  It took approximately 8 hours for the majority of it to work out of my system.  I still have a horrible headache and my right side is hurting, but that could be caused by the yellow gatorade I have been drinking, which is chalk full of yellow dye.

I know people think this is a huge joke, but most of what we eat is poisonous.  You might want to take a look at all of the foods you eat to see if they contain Splenda, (Sucralose), and red dye #40.  You might be surprised to know how many foods contain one or both of these.

I really good site to start learning about the poisons in your food is:  www.mercola.com.  Research, research, research...Most doctors are now pharmacists and do not have the knowledge base to help you with your health issues.  It is not their fault; it is just how it is.  Remember knowledge is power - just because the FDA tells you it is safe, doesn't mean it is.

Just thought I should share, I hope this helps some of you.
My wife has had this for years and cant find a solution. Taking these medications will only temporarily solve your problems, causing more serious problems due to taking these unhealthy temp fixes. She seemed to think she was allergic to gluten but even a no gluten diet didn't help. I believe her stomach is not making enough actual acid to eat the food quickly enough, although there is always acidic fluid in her stomach, hence the vomiting. Acid destroys the bacteria in healthy individuals food, but what happens if there isn't enough actual acid in the mixture of fluids? The food begins to rot and the bacteria makes you sick as if you had food poisoning right? Simple solution yet not experimented with as of yet: I believe a  glass of half APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, half water, will eliminate the bacteria on contact, as well as immediately stop the message to the brain..... which is....  "something is wrong" and how else does your body tell you this other than pain? KILL THE BACTERIA!!!! Pinch your nose so that you cant taste the vinegar and gulp the glass down. This will be her next in a long line of tests we have experimented with. I will let you know how it works, try it, and let us know your results. If the doctors cant do anything but feed us more unhealthy medication for a quick fix then we need to come together to solve this mystery of STINKYYYYYY BURPS......did someone let off a stink bomb in here?
I'm suffering from this for the first time. I'm 37 years old. My daughter is 2 yrs. Old and just recently she went through a long bout of this.  Obviously she can't really tell me about her symptoms but it sure seems very similar. It seems way wores in the middle of the nite. She would be very gassy with diaria as I am and she would burp and it smelled just like the nasty egg burps I'm having. The doc. Gave her some probiotics and it seems to have gone away for her for the time being.Doesn't it seem like this has to be some kind of parasite or or bug that people can contract from each other sence I'm reading alot of people on different forums say that them and there children are suffering from it? Or maby from something we all eaght? Me and my dauter both enjoy hungry jack mashed potatoes does that strike a chord with anyone? How about soy milk? We both drink that becouse were lactose intolerant.
   i feel or ya. i can't any dairy, that includes soy and almond milk. i can't eat eggs either. i get it sometimes as much as a couple times a week. sometimes i think it would be best just not to eat at all, but diabetes don't like that. i've seen my va doctor a few times, and again nothing seems to really work. alka-seltzer helps some.
   one morning sitting on the edge of the bed getting ready to take that big morning ****, had a cigarette in my mouth. i sparked up a fire on the ole zippo to get a light and just then one of those nasty burps comes up. when it hit the flame it flash fired and scorned the hair of my goatee and nose hairs. i jumped back across the bed freaking out. i'm thinking flammable gases coming from ur body like that isn't good for u.
   i'm only 51, but when i have these bouts, i feel like i should be wearing a depends just in case, but usually don't leave home during that time. i learned my lesson. i can clear a room with one burp or fart. and the sounds that come from my gut, like a water cooler bubbling.
i take omeprazole 20mg cap for acid reflux,lopermide 2ng cap for diarrhea, alka-selter and or baking soda helps with bloated feeling. a couple hits off my pot pipe helps with the nausea. not i have tried actually stops it, but these have helped me some. good luck.
Look folks, there's a real difference in getting nasty burps & poots from eating "Red Baron Pizza" (ick!) & other highly processed & preservative laden foods & the farty smelling burps & constipation of gastroparesis.  There's a difference in smelly burps & those that smell akin to having those that smell like farts sent from the 7th level of Hades. I have an autoimmune disease so it wasn't a far stretch for me to be diagnosed with autoimmune gastroparesis.  I want to let you folks who suffer from this to be diligent & keep a diary of what you eat, when your symptoms start & subside, also keeping track of your bowel movements without having to get too graphic just simply state when & the consistency & if diabetic, also monitor your blood sugar in this diary too.  Doing these things can help your physicians to diagnose.  Sadly, if you do have true gastroparesis, the only thing you can do to help is to only eat foods that are cooked. :(  Which really bites the big one as I LOVE salads & fresh fruits.  There are medications but they should only be used in the worst case scenarios or with those who have diabetes.  I've found that being sedentary makes things worse so get up offa' than thang & exercise, even if it's just walking.  Good luck.
Whoops!  I dun' goofed.  I meant to write ...I want you folks who suffer from this to be diligent..." Drop the "to let" & move on.  Yea, I'm 1 of those types who believe spelling & grammar do make a difference.  Sorry about that. Carry on...
"during my last bout, I broke out in a horrible burning itching rash, starting with my feet and palms." <--I had this same symptom & was later diagnosed with Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (a liver disorder.) I urge you to have your liver enzymes measured at your next doctor's visit.
You need to be tested for celiac disease. I have the exact same symptoms in the same exact cycle as everyone else and I went gluten free and I feel so much better. The problem with celiac is it's a relatively new disease that is being studied and a lot of doctor's don't know much about it. You can get a negative blood test for celiac and then a positive biopsy or vice versa. There is also such a thing as Non celiac gluten sensitivity which was just recognized in 2011 as an actual "thing" but it is believed to be the beginning stages of celiac. It will give you a positive blood test and a negative biopsy because it takes time for the villi in the intestine to break down but you are still testing positive for an immune reaction to gluten.
Poor thing. Have you ever tried digestive enzymes and probiotics? I have these symptoms at times too, maybe twice a year and not as severely as you do, but when I get this I realize it has to do with "gut" health and I start taking full spectrum digestive enzymes at each meal and a large dose (at least twice the dose recommended on the label) of live probiotics. The problem goes away in a couple of days--the stomach pain, feeling overly full and bloated, the gas, the belching, etc. Hope this helps you too.
Like so many others, I am so comforted knowing a) I am not crazy, and b) I am not alone!
I started having the worst diarrhea ever in mid-September. Lasted almost three weeks. During this time I noticed I have these awful eggy/sulfur type burps and nausea. Normally I might have to burp after drinking something carbonated, etc, but these nasty burps come out of the blue. The diarrhea was so bad and I lost so much fluid I ended up taking an ambulance from my office to the ER. Turns out I was in acute renal failure. Dozens of tests and thousands of dollars later, I knew I was in renal failure but no idea what started the whole thing. These symptoms have returned twice since then (including right now) and my primary care doc is at a loss. He gave me Lomotil to stop the diarrhea (works like a charm) but dose nothing for the burping and nausea. I'm going to Walgreen's on my lunch hour to pick up Prevacid and see if that helps.
I wish health & happiness for you all!
I have had this for years. I am curios to know how many of you that have this eat items that contain real buttermilk, particularity salad dressings like Hidden Valley Ranch and Uncle Dan's made at home with buttermilk as well as like the Jack In The Box Buttermilk Dipping Sauce? I am pretty convinced that mine is caused by this. I have read in previous post that it could be a bacteria problem. I would imagine buttermilk could carry a lot of it. Let me know....
I have had this for the last few years. Last summer, I decided I needed to lose weight and, on the advice of a friend who'd lost weight,I tried avoiding wheat. I didn't go full-on gluten free, or anything. Those foods marked "gluten free" almost always have way too many ingredients from the laboratory to be healthy, in my opinion. Anyway, for four months I stopped eating breads, pasta, crackers, cereals, etc...and, remembering that bread is hidden in a lot of foods like pizza, croutons, doughnuts... I not only lost 40 lbs, but I stopped having the dreaded diarrhea episodes that start with the rotten egg burps. Then I cheated a lot and ate a lot of wheat for two months, gaining back 12 lbs and starting again with the diarrhea.
I've researched wheat. The hybridized wheat that is in all of our food has as much as 50 times the gluten of naturally occurring wheat. The human body is not equipped to metabolize this much gluten. I believe the monumental increase in gluten in our diet may be behind all the obesity, diabetes, and heart disease suffered by modern cultures with industrialized food systems. Avoiding wheat is worth a try!
wassup man u are not alone i recently started having this problem in dec of 2013 , when it firstcame about ii threw up went to sleep woke up the next morning thinking i was better but no it was js the beginning about 3 hrs went by since i was awake an all of a sudden i started getting this really bad stomach cramp one ive never felt b4 , t felt like sumthing was moving in ma stomach like ripping ma insides an ds would last a good 2 ta 5 mins then stop  7 ta 10 mins later it would start again n with everytime it came about the pain got more n more severe , about 2 hrs into the cycle of pain i began to burp n it tasted like rotten eggs an the throwing up n watery poop followed , now i had that for a straight 2 weeks then one day it  stopped in the month of january 2014 now js last monday of february the symptoms js hit me an actually rite now im still feelin it only this time i hav heartburn aswell so i went researchin online n thats the reason i found dis but i also found the reason of all dis i would like to share it with yu cuz NO MAN SHOULD GO THRU THIS TYPA TORMENT .... OK ALL THIS IS CAUSED BY A BACTERIA CALLED GIARDIA WHICH IS A PARASITE THAT CAN ENTER YOUR BODY THRU UNCLEAN WATER ALSO FOOD THATS NOT COOKED PROPERLY NOW THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF IT IS TO GET SOME ANTIBIOTICS FROM YOUR DOCTOR DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS ALSO GET PLENTY OF REST TILL IT OFFICIALLY CUMS OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM , AN NOW THAT IS XACTLY WHT I AM GOIN TO DO IM HAPPY I FOUND THIS INFO CUZ ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT IT WAS JS A REALLY BAD STOMACH VIRUS  BUT I NEW SUMTHING WAS UP WITH THE WAY ITS LASTING SO LONG AN THE REALLY BAD BURP SMELL SO I HAD TO DO SUM RESEARCH , I HOPE U TAKE WHT I SHARED WITH YU AN ACT UPON IT CUZ DIS IS SERIOUS  .... GET WELL SOON MY FRIEND
You may not be getting your food through your system adequately. Drink LOTS of water, less dairy/milk, and you might try adding some bulk to your food, in the form of flax seed or a little Metamucil. Taking Pepcid or other antacids may help. If you have not seen a gastroenterologist and had an upper GI and lower GI examination, I highly recommend you do so, and it should help. And don't fuss; these tests are not as bad as people will say, and well worth getting the issue resolved.
Viewing 201-224 comments: