Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tongue pain - Inflamed taste buds?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Tongue pain - Inflamed taste buds?

I had a small inflamed spot on my tongue which when i was swallowing was making it seem as if i had a sore throat...I was ignoring it for awhile but then decided to clip it off which could have been mistake #1 ...  After i clipped it it still hurt but alot less and i noticed a spot on the other side of my tongue hurt a bit so i got a tongue scraper and decided to see if i could clean my tonuge up and if that might help..Mistake #2 ...I didnt know i had to be super gentle with the scraper i was pushing pretty hard and believe i actually made my tongue bleed a small amount...Now i have a decent sized area of my tongue that has what seem to me to be inflamed taste buds?  They dont hurt alot but they do cause irritation it feels like i burnt the back of my tongue on something really hot..And when i swallow i "flex" my tongue a bit and it makes the area hurt.  Im considering going to my dentist but wanted to post to see if someone might be able to say what it definitely is and if it might just go away by itself.

Thanks for any help.
Also ive been drinking honey+ginger tea and swishing honey which seems to help take any pain away atleast for a small duration.
Im hoping its just irritated because i used the tongue scraper roughly...It definitely wasn't like that before i used it =/
Also the picture its kinda hard to see what im talking about unless you click it to view then right click that and hit view image and then it will get larger and you can zoom.