Undiagnosed abdominal pain in toddler
Hello my son is 2 and nearly every night he wakes up in pain, it occasionally happens when he is awake as well. It is worse when he is laying down or if we hold him when sitting. If we stand up he feels better. There is no timetable, it seems to be intermittent and ranges from mild to acute. He is not quite old enough to tell us what is going on. We have been to specialists and they don't know all tests have come back negative and now our pediatrician wants to give up until he can tell us whats wrong. I am hoping to find someone who may recognize these symptoms, some idea of where to look next.
My son had something like that and when i took him to the doctor he had a high fever, within a hour they were undergoing emergency surgery for a hernia.One of his testicles were up inside his abdominal wall and it caused him pain like that, Have they checked that out?
Yes they did check that he hasn't really had fevers associated with the pain. It has been ongoing since he was around 4-6 months as best as we can tell.
does he have colic this is wind it can be trapped for a while if it is use a hot water bottle to relieve the pain