Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
extended stomach that is rock hard

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

extended stomach that is rock hard

I had a tummy tuc in the spring of 2001. The doctor said he reattached my stomach muscles.When I went back for my check up I pointed out to him that my stomach peaked in the middle when i went to sit up, i was told at that time not to worry. To begin situps and this would go away. I began with a few and then the following yr i joined a gym and began to work out more and more, my stomach remained the same no improvement. In the fall of 2003 my stomach began to grow and become very hard. I went to the doctor and was told that i was just getting fat. Three months later i measured myself around the belly and was 38inches. This past weekend i measured myself again and i am now 48inches. I have lost 6lbs. I stand 5'2" and weigh 165lbs. I also look like i am 9 months pregnant. My stomach is very inlarged and rock hard. It drops down so much that i can only wear stretch pants and then they cut into my waist line. I have been round and round to doctors asking what is happening to me. I have had a catscan and it shows that i have three hernias. Was told to lose 50lbs and come back. When i try to excerize my stomach becomes tied in knots and i feel sick i also spend alot of time in the bathroom.
So my question is could the reconstruction of my stomach muscles cause what has happen to my stomach now? The more i excerized cause the additional hernias, and what can i do or where can i go to seek treatment?
I don't know what kind of doctor you are visiting, but change. Don't return to the doctor who did the tummy tuck because it is clear he isn't going to help you. Other doctors who do this surgery won't help because they are afraid you will sue.  You need to change the type of doctor you are seeing because now your problem is different. You need a doctor that specializes in hernia repair. Since you are "spending time in the bathroom", begin by getting a colonoscopy done; get the stomach and small intestines scoped while you are there.  That doc will be able to "see" the entire digestive system and see if you have any problems, but also "see" how the hernia and previous surgery is affecting the gut and stomach.  If you have no problems there, get a referral to see a bariatric doctor for your weight. Don't do the surgery, but do the tests. That doctor will be able to examine you and tell you if and how the hernias and the previous surgery is affecting your weight gain. Work with these doctors and your primary care physician and select an appropriate physician to help you with the hernias.  good luck
You might have scar tissue building up around your intestines as well causing the frequent bathroom problems.  I would suggest a GI doctor and maybe even a gynecologist.  You could have ovarian cysts as they tend to cause major abdominal swellng as well as bowel problems.

Best of luck