fluid in hand
my husband has alot of fluid in his hand and it is hurting and making him feel bad. there is a red mark in the middle of his hand but he doesn't remember getting stung by anything. what could it be, and what do you suggest we do. anything to make it feel better?
it could be a spider bite as well as a sting the best thing to do is go to the doctor and see what he or she says
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Either your husband has been bitten by something or you have developed an abscess. If it is an abscess it will need to be drained. Take an anti-inflammatory analgesic like ibuprofen and an anti allergic and see if that helps. If it is an insect bite, it will improve. However if the insect’s sting is left inside, then also it will not heal unless the sting is removed.
Keep the hand raised on a pillow kept beside him when he is lying—basically avoid the hand hanging down. If it is an abscess, warm compress will help. If it is an insect bite, then cold compress will help.
It would be a good idea to consult a PCP as it is difficult to comment beyond this without examining.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!