Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
hair

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

hair

Basically I finished my 6 month course of roaccutane about 6 months ago and ever since I've been finding little tiny hairs in my hat (a few are about 1cm or less in length). I haven't actually noticed any hair loss but its just worrying as I can't remember whether or not I had hairs this short in my hat before. My actual hair length is about 6-7 inches so I dont know whether this is normal or what for my hair. I'd say about 5 - 15 of these hairs appear in my hat everyday. Is this a sign of hairloss or what?

Many thanks, J
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Yes, this is definitely a sign of hair loss if it is persisting. Seasonal variation of hair loss is seen---sometimes more and sometimes less. If your skin has been remaining dry due to medication and has not improved post stopping it, then there is a chance that this is causing the hair loss. Please consult a skin specialist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Avatar n tn
I was just wondering what type of hairloss this could be and whether it would easily be reveresed? I know there isnt too much information to go on but if you have any idea it would help. Also I was thinking about waiting a few more months to see whether it gets any better or should i go to the doctors straight away even though my hair doesnt look any different?
Avatar n tn
bump
Hair loss due to dermatitis, itchy scalp, dandruff, oily scalp etc will reverse by treating the condition. You could be having the hair loss if your hair oil or shampoo does not suit your scalp. You can try a combination of boiled tea leaves (2-3 teaspoons in a glass of water and do not strain) with lemon juice. Apply to scalp and leave for 3-4 hours. Rinse using a mild shampoo. Repeat twice a week.

Avatar n tn
Thanks a lot. If it doesn't get any better I'll go to my doctor :)
Thanks again :)