Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
male 21 stomach problem please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

male 21 stomach problem please help

hello

basically in July 2010 i took a job doing a night shift 10pm-8am at a supermarket my first week there i seemed fine but the week after i started getting stomach pains it sort of felt like i was really hungry but i had just eaten and felt like i had too much acid, anyway i ended up quitting the job as it was too painful i presumed my stomach would rturn to normal but it hasnt. I have been to my GP who kept giving me tablets for acid reflux but they didnt help me, after a few months i got referred to the hospital for a consultation but was just told to change my diet.

My symptoms are loose stool but not watery like dioreah and sometimes it has a bit of mucus my stools are thinner than they used to be before the problem started but not pencil thin, sometimes in the morning i feel sick and have a dull ache in my stomach but as soon as i eat breakfast its fine until the next morning, the earlier i get up the more painful it is.

my stomach seemed to be getting better but a few weeks ago i got really stressed and now my stomach is back to how it was.

i have noticed like creamy cheese and pizza cheese makes gas in my stomach i can feel it like bubble and i think if i have too much milk in a day this seems to make it worse, so i have stopped having these but still it isnt back to normal.

i had a breath test for Hpylori? but im sure i didnt swallow that big tablet properly i told the nurse who said it was fine, the test came back negative.

also just below where your rib cage meets above the stomach i can feel like a bony lump but the doctor said this is my xiphoid process?

sorry for all the text hope someone has the patience to read it

thanks in advance
sounds like irritable bowel syndrome...
IBS may be it.  It is stress endosed - so be aware, you may need to see your local Gastrointerologist for a diagnoses/Endoscopy.....

stay away from Acidic foods, caffine & alcohol until then. Hope this helps
hey, it sounds like you could be lactose intolerant if the cheese makes it worse, is it just cheese or all dairy products? it also sounds like you could have IBS irrital bowel syndrome, both my fiance and his best friend have this and it worsens with times of stress or anxiety, you also have to stay away from foods that you have noticed make it worse, i suggest you definatly get tested for both IBS and lactose intolerancy just to be on the safe side, hope everything goes well and you start feeling better soon.