Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
non stop fever (7 weeks)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

non stop fever (7 weeks)

Dear sirs, for 7 weeks now, I have had a low grade fever of anywhere from 99.0 to 100.0.  My normal body temperature is not the average, it is below normal, right around 98 flat.  Along with the fever I have nausea, everyday.  At times it is so bad I can not get out of bed and walk.  At times I have headaches but these are minimal.  My appetite isn't bad, no diarhea (diarrhea).  The fever will NOT drop below 99 flat.  Earlier in the year i had contracted phuemonia, it lasted two months, before I got over it completely was 3 months.  My Dr. order standard x rays to check my lungs, after the pneumonia.  The first time he say a spot on the right lung, and he ordered another xray........it showed the same thing.   I have never been this sick this long   Now he has ordered a CT scan, what ever that is, to see if it helps the diagnosis of the spot.  Whether it is scar tissue or something else.  From the way he ios talking, he is not sure what it is, and I am not really confident, thus far with his work.  Can you give me some insight as to what may be causing this 2 month old fever  
I have been getting rashes and have been fatigued for years now. I even had a bout of prostatitis which later just became a chronic urinary tract infection or inflammation which leaves my abdomen sensitive and sore to the touch (I still have an ear infection in fact that has persisted for over a year and exhibit flu like symptoms). I am still undiagnosed and for a while felt I had blastomycosis, which is a fungal infection of the blood which can cause pneumonia if left untreated, my only basis for this is a fungal nail infection that didnt go away until I got antifungal meds which I was on for 5months. I am no expert but its a good idea to rule out all possible infections (fungal, bacterial and viral) that you may have by doing extensive blood tests and maybe just getting a complete workover (ie sputim, stool and urine tests)

You owe it to yourself to get a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th opinion from other doctors. Especially if you are still having mild fevers, its the duty of a specialist to really put in the work to diagnose you properly.

Also what is your medical history like, usually there are telling signs in your past. Have you had any other things happen to your health in the last 10years?

But please try to get answers from your doctors, sometimes being passive about it just prolongs our discomfort and does nothing to alleviate our symptoms. You are not out of line for complaining about your health to a physician if you feel you are being shortchanged.

Hope you get answers to your questions from a medical professional ASAP.
Hello dear sirs
I would like to post an unexplained illness.I went to 4 different doctors and none could say what it is exactly.Unexplained fever for 9 days without dropping below 40 centigrade.The first opinion was Licencia and the other opinion was Typhos.Eventually none of the above are true.And now the patient is diagnosed with Pneumonia.
I was wondering if anyone of you sirs has an opinion about the patient illness.
hope to get some answers
thank you