Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
sed rate of 43

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

sed rate of 43

I had a blood test and my sed rate is 43. i know it may mean many things. but any specific disease? or narrow it down to a few
Tags: sed rate
high sed rate is a sign of inflammation.  You could have recently been sick.  You could be fighting an infection and not know.  Have you had any other symptoms?  Hair loss, fatigue, fevers, abdominal pain, etc.  As high sed rate is also an indicator of an auto immune disorder.

Hope this helps
I just got some blood test back and the sed rate level is 0-20 and mine was a 30! I haven't been sick but I do suffer from a lot of joint pains. My doctor and I are trying to narrow down what could be going on... My C-Reactive Protein level came back elivated too... Range is 0.0-0.33 and mine was 0.56. There is more blood test pending,,,, Any idea what this could be? I'm thinking Reiter's Syndrome, I have like 99% of the symptoms.
Avatar n tn
After thinking for a while that I had IBS, my doctor discovered a sed rate of 36. This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I am worried. Any disease that would give you the same symptoms as IBS?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There are many diseases that give similar symptoms as IBS. These include ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, Gluten intolerance or Celiac Disease, very high fiber diet and cancer or tuberculosis of the gut.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!