Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
swollen lymph nodes/sweating/dizzy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

swollen lymph nodes/sweating/dizzy

I have had a swollen lymph node behind my right ear for over 5 weeks now.A couple of weeks prior to that I had 1 come up under my left armpit.My other symptoms have been itching all over my body,sweating hot flashes,tingling sensations and I get dizzy very quickly and then that goes away.The only medical condition that I have is I suffer from Migraines.I am wondering what in the world could be going on with me.I saw my pcp regarding the lymph node behind my right ear but he only told me that if I had any lymph nodes that didn't go away after a couple of weeks to return. Well that didn't help much.Any information would be helpful.
Lymph nodes swell as a result of (typically) an infection of some kind.  Are the lymph nodes in your neck, groin, or armpits swollen?  
There are some viral infections (mononucleosis, for example) that the main symptom is swelling of the lymph glands.  I would have this checked by a doc again, and if they don't do blood work, then find another doc.  If they stay swollen for over a couple of weeks, I would seek another opinion.  There must be an underlying reason why you are having these problems.
The good thing is that I work in a lab at a hospital.We have done some basic blood work and there is no infection to be found.Also no fever.I did have a node that was swollen in my left armpit that lasted approx.1 1/2 weeks but did go away on it's own.It wasn't even 1 week after that I had the one behind my right ear come up.I know that this sounds stupid but I'm still concerned about cancer....even though the CBC/Sed Rate all came back normal.
I forgot to ask...have you checked to see if you have a fever?  Fever can cause the sweating/chills etc.

A lump behind the ear could be due to throat infection, insect bite, accidental trauma to the site, ear infection , etc.

Lymph nodes in the region are known as post auricular lymph nodes and can enlarge secondary to infection, inflammation, etc.

You could try some warm compresses at the site, warm saline gargles for his sore throat and some oral antihistamine medications for the swelling.

This could be mastoiditis, cervical lymphadenopathy or parotitis.

Have you seen an ENT specialist or your doctor for your symptoms? Do you have any associated symptoms of pain, discharge, fever, etc?

'Mastoiditis is an infection of the mastoid process, the portion of the temporal bone of the skull that is behind the ear. It is usually caused by untreated acute otitis media (middle ear infection) .'

You could read more about the condition at the following links -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastoidectomy

and

http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic306.htm

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.