Urology Community
8 year old with undecended testicles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

8 year old with undecended testicles

I was wondering if anyone has any insight as to what i can expect with future dr. aptments. They say he will probably need an operation.  Aptment is on 23rd.  They say his testicles havent dropped and has an underdeveloped scrotum. What does this mean? Can it be fixed? Will it eventually look right? will he have problems like, unable to have children.  At this point I have no information about any of this, only concern.  Someone please offer some info.  Thank you.
I just posted a question about my 8 year old with undecended testicles, and underdeveloped scrotum.  After i posted it, i started to read other posts about inverted penis.  I was most concerned about the scrotum area because it;s almost nonexistant. But after reading your posts, I realized that maybe he also this problem as well. I can see only the tip of it, and I also thought that they toook too much skin during the circumsion. Do any of you have children with both problems? I saw a specialist when he was 3 because i was concerned then, like most of you, the dr. said he would grow out of it.  I just recently took him to cple other drs and they told me it can wait no longer and made a pretty big deal about getting an appointment right away with another dr as soon as possible. I dont know what to expect. How do you prepare your child if I dont know.

I was born with undecended testicles, but I 'm not circumcised. Around the first year my left testicle came down on its own. The right testicle did not decend untill I was 11.
Since the testicle could be felt in the inguinal region, I was told to try and manipulate it down to the scrotum. I started doing that around the age of 7 till about 11. I usually did tis after had a warm bath. I would ly down on the floor or bed and try to masage the testicle towards my scrotum. When I first started doing this, either my mom or dad helped me and showed me what to do. They were shown by the doctor how to do this.
Eventually the testicle dropped around the age of 11 or 12.

If the testcile can't palpated then surgery should be considered. The longer the testicles remain outside of the scrotum the greater the chances of unfertility.

I'm now 44 and my wife and I have three children.

God bless,

Ron