Urology Community
Bilateral Varicocele

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Bilateral Varicocele

I was having a pain on my left testes whenever I masturbate for 6 years and no one diagnized it properly, but now a urologist has found that I have bilateral Varicocele, and he also took a set of blood test, urine test and Doppler scan.  And said that my testes are very fine only thing is I have Varicocele, and asked me to wear tight underwears and there is nothing to  worry.  And he said it is not necessary for me to undergo surgery now.  I can go for one if I'm infertile after marriage.

I this OK, can be with bilateral Varicocele.
You should find another urologist.
My doc says in case of varicocele, microsurgery is the safest and most reliable way to go through. In 2/3 cases of untaken care of varicocele, it leads to troubles with no reverse after 35+.
The varicocele won't go away, it's not that spontaneous thing, it's like chronical, gets wors with time. If you are young and get the micro surgery, the reversible effect is great at 95%, at least papers say so. At 35+ the surgery removes the effects but not the infertility, if any. Take your chance asap.
I'm 26, have underwent the microsurgery 3 weeks ago to fix the left varicocele, everything went smouthly, the bag of worms is completely gone now, but having some pain on the top of the testicle, especially when shake or stride, don't know if supposed to.
Having varicocele, wear brief type of underwear, but not the tight one, simply a brief type for a better support when strides; if it's tight, the temperature gets even worse and some damage is possible.

Damn, this american medicine sucks!!
I should have fly to Europe for a week or two, it's like 10 times cheaper and a quality is just perfect, you can stay in the hospital for 1 week and it's still cheaper than a co-insurance in the US for 1 day in the recovery room. The insurance company gives your money back no matter from where you get the bill, anyway US has the most expensive care in the wolrd. Next time I'll go to France, UK, Germany, etc.
Im 26 and going through the same problem right now, going through wit the surgery next month but kinda scarred  how do u fell right now after going through the surgery
I had severe varicoceles on both sides back in the 1980's, and the only option at the time was removal of both testicles. I have a couple of scars above my groin to show for that, Both were removed through inguinal incisions.

The surgery left me sterile but regained a quality of life I hadn't known in several years beforehand. I was 25 when they were removed, and haven't missed them since.  My wife supported my decision, ans I continue to have sex without testicles. It feels just as good  or better than when I had them.

Don't be afraid of losing them. You are no less a man without them.
Im 32 , i have baricocele bilateral by dopler since 2007. Do i have a chance to make my wife pregnant , without having surgery ? pls post any advice for me.. thanks

you can email me:  ***@****