Circumcision correction needed?
Our 1 year old son has been circumcised 2 weeks after birth by a plastic surgeon. There were no physiological complications, our son can urinate, he has the occasional mechanical erection, is not in pain and develops alright.

However, the prepuce still covers his penis entirely, and when slightly pushed back it reveals that it has attached itself to the rim of the penis head. It looks like the circumcision has led to a tight nonretractile prepuce with partial baring of the glans, because of an annular scar which healed too quickly or actually, because the prepuce was not "cut short enough."  We have seen three specialists, including the surgeon who performed the circumcision and they all want us to wait with any correction. We do not understand why. They have all assured us that any correction can be easily performed, if needed. We do not know what this entails and are afraid our son might suffer more if the correction takes place when he is older. Can the prepuce retract on its own?

Could you please contribute any information as to what this correction may mean, or share any similar stories, esp. if you have had a solution for this. Thank you very much.
I'm answering back to my own post, but maybe this helps others in similar situations. We've just come back from the dr. who circumcised him. He pushed back the foreskin which got stuck with a little metal rod with a round head. My son cried a bit, but there was no need for an anesthetic. Our dr. confirmed that we should hold back any thoughts of surgery as he needs to grow and stretch everything in place when he is older (in about 3 years time). We were told to watch for infections and try to prevent reattaching by pushing the skin back gently at bath time.
We're relieved.
I am going through a similar situation.  I only have a second right now, but may i ask how old your son is?  Ours turned 2 in October.  he is scheduled this friday 2/12 for a circumcision revision.  the doctors (3) say a circumcised penis is more hygeinic.  my husband is american and is concerned about the appearance of his son's penis.  when was it that your doctors recommended to actually do the surgery? (at what age) and are they saying to do it mainly for cosmetic reasons?