Urology Community
Citrobacter Koseri
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Citrobacter Koseri

If a patient has a U/A result of Citrobacter Koseri, does this patient require to be on contact isolation for the infection?
Or do only universal precautions need be followed?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Citrobacter koseri is a rare infection of the UTI but urinary tract is the commonest portal of entry for this bacteria. It is resistant to many antibiotics but it varies in each individual. There is no specific isolation required but the patient has to be isolated from seriously sick and diabetic patients. After doing a culture sensitivity of the sample, specific antibiotics are started.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
I am a female with this diagnosis/citrobacter Koseri (diversus)  Could my male sexual partner acquire this through intercourse?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank