Urology Community
Cyst on Testical

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Cyst on Testical

My husband is in the army and went to the doctor because he had a hard lump on his testicle. They did an ultrasound of it and said he had an Epididymal Cyst. After doing some research I found some links of this to gonorrhea and chlamydia. He was given a shot right above his butt and an anti biotic. I'm not sure if he's telling me the whole story and would like to know what you make of all this. He told me the doctor said it was knotted blood vessels but i dont understand why he would be given an antibiotic to cure that.
the doctor followed protocol.. that is the treatment for epididymitis. if he is experiencing any pain, it is usually fine to take an anti inflammatory along with the antibiotic, at least thats what they told me when I had the same problem.. it eventually went away on it's own.. the prescription did not help me at all. i just kept eating Motrin and Aleve... it went away after that..by the way.. has he let you look at it? is it just swollen or is it a just a fluid filled mass? Is it on the left side or right side? STD? possible, inflammation? possible... just keep a check on it.. I will tell you what one doctor told me back in '98.. as long as it presents with pain... then it is usually nothing to worry about.. he will be fine.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Although the cause of a spermatocele (epididymal cyst) is often unknown, it may be caused by obstruction of the tubes that carry sperm from the testicles (epididymal ducts).
Usually the cysts are not infected, but if they become infected  then antibiotics are required.For their removal surgical excision is required.In Chlamydia,the males are usually asymptomatic and may present with burning,pain and mailky discharge.It does not present with epididymal cyst.So there is no need to worry.
Hope it helps. Take care and regards.