Excessive Bleeding After Kidney Stent?
Is it normal for blood in urine to increase 48hrs AFTER kidney stent is implanted?
I am NOT vomiting, do not have nausea, and am not running a fever.
Still having excessive amount of pain and excessive amounts of blood in my urine(not clotting).
"It is common to see blood in the urine for 1 to 2 days after nephrostomy. This will clear up with regular irrigation (6 to 8 hour intervals) of the nephrostomy tube with sterile saline"
"Call your physician immediately if you have pain in your side, bleeding beyond 2 days of the catheter insertion, if your catheter leaks, falls out, breaks or becomes dislodged, if the skin around the catheter is red, swollen or has purulent discharge. Report any temperatures over 101 degrees (38.3 degrees Celsius)"
www.tramedicalimaging.com/exams/interventional/nephrostomy.html

You should contact your surgeon at the earliest to identify the cause of the excessive bleeding and pain.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards
Clarification of above post. I rec'd a INTERNAL kidney stent, because of rather large kidney stones blocking my bladder and causing pain/bleeding. This is NOT a EXTERNAL kidney stent. Dr Smitha Mathews response appears that she is replying with regard to a external stent(catheter)???
Sorry for the miscommunication on my question.
Does this make a difference with regard to her response? Again, excessive bleeding and pain since kidney stent implanted 4 days ago. I do NOT have fever, nausea, or vomiting.
Is the bleeding and pain normal after 4 days?
Thanks again
Ureteral stents may be placed internally or externally.

Bleeding persisting for over 48 hours after the procedure could be indicative of complications.

"Complications associated with ureteral stenting include:

* bleeding (usually minor and easily treated, but occasionally requiring transfusion)"
   " * coiling of the stent within the ureter (may cause lower abdominal pain or flank pain on urination, urinary frequency, or blood in the urine)
    * introduction or worsening of infection
    * penetration of adjacent organs (e.g., bowel, gallbladder, or lungs)"

www.answers.com/topic/ureteral-stenting+ureteral+stent+complications&hl

Identification of whether the stent is in the right position would be needed to rule out whether the bleeding is arising from damage to surrounding structures due to dislodgement of the stent.

How is your urine flow following the procedure?

Since blood in urine beyond 48 hours following the procedure is not normal, it would be best to contact your doctor to evaluate the cause of the problem.

Regards
i had a rather large kidney stone blasted/broken up and then removed. i have a stent inside. i also have had a cath in since surgery because of my bladder wall being cut or scratched. still very bloody urine,
I'm 48 hrs post op for blasting and stent placement and very little urine coming out considering how much liquid is going in.........still red urine and feels like passing glass.......
I had a massive kidney stone that block my kidney and ureter. I had lithotripsy and a stint. But, I am bleeding, alot, and the pain is really bad. It has been 3 days post op. The hospital I was in was very nonchalant about the whole thing. I was sent home with no Rxs at all. Help! Stone was over 9mm
I just had kidney stone surgery two days ago when they inserted a stent.  I have constant urine flow i cant even go to work its so heavy is tbis normal
I have kidney stent done three days ago and I am still bleeding. The pain is almost gone. But the bleeding has not stopped yet. What do I do? I am bothered and feel weak.
I had a stent inserted in my ureter 4 days ago. The doctor removed a stone, or parts of it.  He wanted me to have the stent pulled out tomorrow, the 5th day. Meanwhile, the heavy bleeding continues, and it is always fresh blood that comes with the urine.  Could the insertion process have done some damaage?  
I'm afraid I'll die as no stone and constant pain and frequent dark red urinating
For a week i was in pain and did not know i had passed a stone until i went to the hospital.  Now i still have pain and i am bleeding alot with blood cloges i missed my monthly so i am guessing this is it but it dose not look the same . not sure what to do my head hurts and my fever went down .