Urology Expert Forum
Foreskin tear

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Foreskin tear
I'm a 20 year old male, and recently a part of my foreskin has been tearing more and more. I'm not circumsized and my penis while going erect has always seemed to want to go bigger than my foreskin allows it to. I guess overtime it has taken its toll and has began to rip. Its underneath the head of my penis, its like the main piece of skin that connects my foreskin to my penis, I tried googling it and I think it may be referred to as the "bridge"? It ripped a bit and didnt bother me for a while, but after having sex a few more times it has gotten worse and I'm really scared it will rip completely. Is this normal, does it heal, should I just get circumsized (although I dont really want to if i dont have to). Please help.
You are describing a tear of the frenulum. They can be quite painful. You can have the fremulum divided surgically , have it tear repeatedly (apply an antibiotic ointment to the area after it rips), or go for  a circumcision.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition.
EDIT: the area im talking about may be also the "frenulum", that or "bridge" they look the same.
You have frenulum breve which is a short frenulum.Circumcision won't help unless you also have the frenulum removed.You could have a procedure called a frenulum tying which as Dr.Liroff mentioned would divide surgically your frenulum making it longer.Here is more information.

http://www.male-initiation.net/library/gallery/frenuloplasty/frenulum_tying.html