Urology Community
Hard lump on epididymis? Cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hard lump on epididymis? Cyst?

Hi all, healthy 19 year old male. A couple weeks ago I noticed a tiny hard lump in my epididymis on the top side of my right testicle. Now while it is very close to the testicle I've determined( and made myself very sore in the process) that it is actually in the epididymis and can be moved freely from the testicle. It feels exactly like a grain of sand. Very small, but it also seems hard. Can an epididymal cyst feel like a grain of sand? Do you think there is any danger of this being Testicular or Epididymal Cancer? It hasn't noticeably grown in a week but I know thats not a very long period of time. The fact that it isn't on the testical itself would rule out testicular cancer wouldn't it? I'd pass it off as a cyst but I thought they were supposed to be soft or something. I'm kind of a hypochondriac and I guess i'm just looking for opinions. Again. Feels like a grain of sand on top side of testicle, not attached to testicle but close and attached to side of epididymis where the epididymis connects to the testicle.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
For such kind of growths the possibilities of epididymal cyst or spermatocele have to be ruled out. Spermatocele is a retention cyst of a tubule and is benign in nature. Usually they are left as such if not causing any symptom, but if they are causing pain, then they have to be removed. Surgery is the only mode of treatment for which I would suggest you to consult a urologist. An ultrasound is needed to rule out any benign or malignant cause.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Will Ive got two of them id say there the size of a bb pellet, one seems to be on the testicle but I can lift it off and another seems to be in my epididymis tube.