Urology Community
Having fibroid tumors in the uterus will that make you bladder weak and...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Having fibroid tumors in the uterus will that make you bladder weak and leak?

I have growing fibroid tumors in my uterus and when i sneeze and cough my bladder leaks alot even after i go to the bathroom. I go frequently to the bathroom because i consistanly have to go. on top of the massive amount of pain that i have from the tumors. I dont have and pain when i urinate, Im so embrassed im to the point of wearing panty liners and sometime pads. Would the tumors be causing this? I didn't have this problem until the fibroid tumors. Please help!!!
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Yes, fibroid tumors of the uterus are known to cause incontinence. What you have is stress incontinence. A heavier uterus presses on the pelvic floor making the pelvic floor weak. Hence the urinary bladder sags and causes this problem. What does your gynecologist say? I think you should get your fibroids removed and then go for pelvic floor exercises. This will help you a lot.
Hope this helps.Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

I went to the doctor yesterday he said that he was concerned for the fact that i have 2 periods a month as well with spotting. I have to go back to the see him tomorrow so that he can do a byopsee for the tumors he did agree with you on the stress incontence. He feels that I will need to have the hystorictmy, but he wants to rule out that i dont have ovarian cancer first since cancer runs in my family really bad. from lung, liver, esophacal cancer, stomach and breast cancer. He told me to take the pain meds for the pain as needed. He said there would some depression after the surgry is that true? and why does that happen? Im worried about my desire for sex and being able to please my husband to be. he said there was nothing for to worry about how true is that your sexual desire dont change? I know its silly but i was just curious as to how it works? can you help?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
The depression sets in because most women associate uterus with their feminity---the organ which allows them to conceive. But as you know feminity is a state of mind. A woman can feel feminine if she is appreciated by her lover/boyfriend/husband, by wearing a certain perfume or even by her general appearance. So the trick is to remain positive.

Sex drive at times goes down if the ovary too is removed. However at your age if the ovary is removed, then you will be put on hormone replacement therapy. So relax! No surgery is comfortable. However keep thinking of the benefits and have a positive attitude.

Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care! All the best!