Urology Community
Help!!! Chronic testicle, groin, lower back pain!! :'(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I'm a 20 year old male suffering!!!

It's very difficult to describe my symptoms because they always change.  But basically, my right testicle has this very uncomfortable feeling to it.  It isn't a pain but like an achy, dull feeling to it.  It’s like a constant reminder that something is there and out of the norm. When I physically touch it, it isn't painful except for the bottom part of it where I assume is where the epididymis and testicle connect.  It's a very unbearable discomfort since it's chronic and unmanageable.  However, I do have actual pain in my right groin.  After doing my own research, I would call this my spermatic cord or my inguinal canal.  The pain is usually dull but I do have some sudden sharp pains that quickly come and go.  The other main source of discomfort is my lower right back on my pelvis area right above the buttocks.  It feels like this ache that I need to constantly massage to make it feel better.  I feel little rubbery nodules when I do massage this area.  I also feel a tender spot on my actual lower spine.

These symptoms are chronic/persistent.  However, periodically I get the same feeling on my left testicle/groin/lower back.  When it happens on my left side, it doesn't last a very long time.  But there is times when both testicles ache for almost a whole day.

Occasionally, this discomfort/pain radiates down my right butt cheek or down into my thigh or the tendons right above my knee.  When it radiates into these areas, it's only for a short period of time.  However, this referred pain never happens on the left side. Recently, I also began having some discomfort in my perineum area as well but I don’t know if this is related.

This problem first started when I was 18 years old.  During this time, I was checked for STD's and given ultrasounds of my scrotum and kidneys.  I didn't have any STD's nor kidney stones.  But the scrotum ultrasound only diagnosed me for Vericocele.  The Urologist I saw at this time told me it wasn't a big deal and prescribed Naproxen.  I didn't find that any NSAID's helped me.  However, the discomfort ended up suppressing itself for the next two years to a point where I could do my daily activities and not worry about it.

Two years later, or about three months ago, the discomfort came back much worse and persistant.  I went to see my doctor, where after a negative urinalysis; I was given Doxycycline for Epidytimitis.  Didn't help.  I was then told it was Prostatitis.  After having my prostate checked for normal results, I was still put on Levaquin and Flomax just in case.  Didn't help.  I then got a CT scan on my pelvis area where everything came back normal except for scattered lymph nodes in the retroperitoneum and the mesentery that were ignored because they didn’t meet CT criteria for enlarged lymph nodes.

Then I was told it could be my genitofemoral nerve, which runs from my back to my scrotum along my groin.  I was then placed on anti-inflammatory steroid tablets, methylprednisolone.  Up to this point, it was VERY difficult for me to roll out of my bed to do my daily tasks as if it was a simple headache.  After taking the methylpredisolone, I felt as if God was giving me a break. This medication has been the only thing that has helped.  It didn't completely go away but it got to a point where I was no longer climbing up the walls in misery.

After telling my doctor about this, he wanted to send me to a Neurologist to get a steroid shot in my spine since taking oral steroids can't be a long term solution.  However, before being referred, the neurologist suggested to make sure it wasn't a hernia.  So then I was then sent to a general surgeon where he said it wasn't a hernia and that I should get a second opinion from an Urologist.  So then I go to the Urologist where after a negative physical exam on my scrotum, I was told he couldn't help me, but a visit to a Neurologist was his recommendation.   Along with his recommendation, he also believed that it can't be my genitofermal nerve since the location of this nerve is too high and deep compared to the area of discomfort in my lower back.   He also said he would think it's a bulging disc in my spine if the pain is bilateral.  But since the discomfort is chronic on my right side and periodic on my left, I don't know if this would be considered bilateral.

Besides everything else mentioned above, I also tried visiting a chiropractor and trying acupuncture.  After a few visits to both with little to no improvements, I stopped going because I couldn’t keep affording it, especially when I wasn’t seeing improvements.   Now since all arrows are pointing to a Neurologist, I got my referral to see one.
At my initial appointment, I was given a few physical exams and was sent to get an MRI on my lower back region where results were normal.  I found this as a bitter/sweet feeling since my hunt still continued. After following up with the Neurologist, he ordered a second MRI, this time on my pelvis, which also came back normal.
I have hit a dead end and I no longer know what to do. Can anybody help me???? :(

Every time I see a new doctor, I try to have hope that I will find a solution to my agony.  But after being turned down so many times and having so many possible diagnostic solutions fail, I have a fear that I'm going to just have to life with this.  I’m always simply told to take NSAID’s which don’t even touch the problem.  Regardless if I’m laying down, sitting, or standing up, it’s STILL there. Neither sneezing nor coughing tends to make it worse.  Urinating and ejaculation is normal and painless. I can’t find any sorts of trends with this. Sleeping has become very difficult.  I also have feelings of emotional distress, anger, and tension build up since I feel so helpless.

I'm 20 years old and this pain has pretty much taken over my life. I’m now on anti-depressants to stop all the negative thinking that's caused by this (unseen cancer, chronic pain that won't ever be cured or diagnosed). I really wouldn't want to go to an extreme of getting an orchiectomy but I really can't live like this for the rest of my life.
Sounds a lot like my case but earlier in life. I put up with pain for a long time before I found a compassionate and well schooled urologist who diagnosed varicoceles on both sides. At my age of forty five we decided removal of both testicles and HRT was the best option.

The above is not meant to scare you. With HRT  I was still sexually capable, just guaranteed sterile. I never wanted to father children so that suited me just fine.

Most doctors are loathe to mess with a guy's 'manhood'. I went through a lot of them before finding the capable/competent doctor. I've been comfortable ever since. Able to do a full day's work, and enjoy life in general.
Losing a testicle or two at 20 years old definitely scares me!! But I've also thought about how this could be my only solution. I would be worried that my discomfort isn't coming from my testicle, but rather my lower back or my groin.
Johnny, have you observed anything strange with your semen? Maybe the color, its consistency, or some brown/yellow jelly-like clumps (bigger or lot more than before)?
Thank you for responding to my post! Truly means a lot to me.

As far as I know my semen is fine. No sorts of clumps and it looks white to me.

Since I posted this, I have received a steroid shot on my buttocks which didn't help. I am currently going to physical therapy. I have only gone twice but I have seen no results.

I'm also on my second week of Lyrica, which hasn't done anything. Ultracet gives me little relief. Enough to give me the mental strength to roll out of bed.

I stopped taking the anti-depressants because I hate the way I feel with them. I feel more suicidal while I'm on them. I really hate this :(
Same thing plz call 3307743302
Same thing plz call 3307743302
Been to urologist twice, had ct scan, ultrasound, 2 rpunds antibiotics, steroids, pain goes where it wants from inner grpin to tops of yestis , to rt side lower back. I  was totally jealthy and this hit me out of the blue and is not going away. Actually am starting to get lump on top of right guy, almond size and sometimes it gets smaller, same on rt with varicocele. Starting to thinl tumor in kidney but ct scan should have shown?  Ready to die in my sleep. I hate waking up like this every day and havent been able to work due to pain, not sure what to do but have had it with doctors not helping at all and tajing my money. Plz let me know what you find because I have done a lot of research and yours is xactly like mine. This is so debilitating and painful , I feel you dude, this *****, I need some answers please, anybody! Help
I have this chronic testicle pain for over 12 years. This pain goes up to my left lower back and down to my left testicle on regular basis along with chronic burning pain when passing urine. My testicles have been shrunken in size and lots of viens around my testicles. It's been given me great concern and affecting my entire life. However I still have great sex with my patner. The worst nightmare is that Doctors said I don't have a single sperm in my semen after series of sperm analysis. And this has got me crazy as I still want to have kids, this I have told my wife as I don't know how she will react as she want to have baby too. It worries me a great deal. I have been to two different Urologist and different things were diagnosed and treated with antibiotics but no improvement. Among the diagnosis were Varicocele which I have done the surgical operation twice, prostatitis and std which I have treated with antibiotics. All these have been treated but I still did not get any result.
Check out gui zhi fu ling wan, I came accross the other day and otdered it. Apparently chinese medical report showed that 80% in study were cured of varicocele and increased sperm. U ll have to research but $10 bottle for 60 and hve to take7a day....i haven t been able to sleep all night cuz of pain .  I  honestly cannot stand this..mentally n physically..it s ridiculous and I am a tough guy it s just the pain above buttock side of hip groin n testicles is crazy..i am thinking pinched pudendal and hip needs realliganed at chiro
About two weeks ago I found this Urologist that knows how to do a procedure called microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord. After he gave me an ultrasound personally to make sure his expert eyes didn't see anything, we scheduled an appointment for July 17th for me to go through this procedure.

Im real iffy about it though because he also gave me a temporary nerve block. He said that if it helped, then the surgery would be very much in my favor. However, this nerve block didn't do **** for me besides make my penis numb. I'm not sure if he just inserted it wrong but since I'm so desperate for relief, I still agreed on surgery.

What the surgery does is they open your spermatic cord and they cut all the nerves that run into your scrotum. I THINK this also includes the perineal nerve, which is a branch from the pudendal nerve.

I too thought it was my pudendal nerve but at physical therapy they told me it wasn't that, but I still continue to have my doubts about everything these stupid people tell me.

But this new Urologist gave me a 70% chance it'll help my testicle & groin pain. The bad news is also that this doesn't include the pain in my lower back, perineum, and when it radiates down my thigh.

I'm also a big p***y when it comes to surgery. But I'm willing to do whatever to get my life going again :(

Btw, its interesting that you mentioned gui zhi fu ling wan. I've never tried that but I did try qian lie xian wan. During my countless hours of online reading, i thought I had chronic pelvic pain syndrome and i read that these pills helped. I ordered some and they didn't do ANYTHING for me. So don't waste money on those.

I'm also surprised that I haven't had any semen analysis. I wonder if i should ask about that?
Hey Johnny, there are physical therapists who specialize in this.  I'm not sure where you are in the country.  Probably if you go to the hermanwallace website and find out who is in your region who has taken the visceral and the male pelvic advanced course, they can help you without needless surgery.
Hi, ive got almost identical problems to you, been in pain now for 7 months had all sorts of antibiotics and they don't seem to do anything, the doctors keep telling me its epididymitis but ive had no swelling. some days the pain is just in my testicle some its in my groin and some is in both im totally fed up now and the naproxin dont seem to help its such a depressing state to be in its like bollock toothache! going back to the docs in a few days, if anyone finds a miracle cure be sure to post it here.
37 y/o male

Same symptoms as the above

Pain/discomfort in lower right groin and lower back that also seems to radiate to the right testicle or the opposite. I'm not too sure where it starts. Physical exertion, lifting weights or pushing on the areas cause no additional pain. Seems to get worse after sitting for a 30 minutes or longer. No changes in urine or semen. No discharges or burning. No STD's. No hernia.
Jayhawkk, my symptoms sound exactly like that!!! back pain but never worsened by lifting and what not. My right testicle is killing me though!!!!

soreball, 7 months sounds like eternity to me!! I've been struggling for 6 months and every 24 hours that passes by I'm more convinced to remove my testicle.

I was so desperate that I went though with the microsurgery where they cut the nerves running to my scrotum. It has been two weeks now and I'm still in pain. :( I told my urologist about this and he told me to wait at least 4-6 weeks to determine how the surgery went. but since I know this pain too well, I know its not going to relief in those remaining 2-4 weeks.

I think my next step is either going to be looking at my sacroilliac joint:

http://hlpain.com/234/dealing-with-pain-in-the-dimples-of-venus-sacroiliac-syndrome/

after reading this webpage, I have a feeling this might be it. My urologist will probably send me to either physical therapy or pain management.  At that point I will ask which one would work with my SI joint.  That or I need to find a good pelvic expert like wubzy mentioned above or even an orthopedic that knows what's going on.

I feel your pain! My left one hurts but is kinda a numb uncomfortable pain, my hip pain is much worse and the pain shoots down to my left knee. My right side hurts every now and then but that pain doesn't touch my left side! I tried inversion table and chiropractic but doesn't help.. Left nut is uncomfortable and I've never liked it touched, if someone ever got to close my reflex pushes them away. The left one is larger I'm. Not sure if hip pain is related to nut but seems like they both hurt at same time... I also noticed the  limpnoids.. I'm 24 years old and kinda tall, I'm not sure if wearing a belt causes the hip pain or what, I'm scared to how nuts to dr , I really am petrified to become a uni-baller
i have has this going on for almostr 2 years now my left testis would hurt and it feels as though someone is shoving something like rebar up my left groin  the pain would shoot down my left leg and my leg and foot would go numb kinda like asleep but out of nowhere and for no reason I am on workers comp and when i had gone to 2 urologist and 2 pain management doctors. and a BS drug test Doctor place that took 3 times to do a drug test but that is another funny story that released me to the urologist i had traumatic epedmites. in both testis where i had pushed urine into my testis and acid etched them /after that healed about 3 months i was still in pain in my left groin and testis the urologist blew me off and sent my back to work about 3 months later i re injured the real problem the pain now never we3nt away it just changed from 5 to going to the hospital for good pain medicean and i hate hospitals no matter how good the medecision is the neuro oligest they finaly said i had minor nerve damage in my leg and blew me off he gave me hydrocodones 5 a joke pain killer  then he said i was taking too many as the pain kept getting worse so he put me on tegretol. never take this pill it can give you skitsofrantic episodes  and you cant do any thing. so i went back to the pain management he gave me a shot of cortisone directly into the spine did absolutely nothing but hurt a bit getting itthey did an mri of my lower back and just happened to get the  T12 L1 with disk that was bulged and pressing on my spinal cored  so it took almost 6 more months to get the surgery now within 2 weeks my right testis feels like some one taped a old good m80 to it and blew it up but the pain does not stop like it was gone so now i have triple the pain in my right testi and extreme pain now running on the right from my knee to just below my breast bone kinda like be cut open not that i have had that happen and they are doing nothing about the 2 disks in mt upper in spine i think c 3 ad 4

as a quick note cat scans wont show any disk problems with or with out the juice they did 4 of them on me before the set of MRI and if it is groin pain the nerves that come from this is a link to the spine and the where the nerves go for the layman

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/spinenerves.jpg/][IMG]http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2852/spinenerves.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]
this sounds like my pain 13 months now had ct scan mri bone scan all normal seen pain specialist had nerve block and injections in back no help.pain is unbearable but doctors cant find anything wrong im off work because of the pain im in and my quality of life *****.no they want me to start a what they call a tier 3 program from my understanding it a 10wk program to put you back to work.dont get me wrong I really miss work but I know there is no way I could do my job in this condition.please anybody help me I dont know what to do from here.
First, you need to relax yourself.   You are not the one, there are several men who are having this pain, managing, and you should read some success stories on how people who fought and came out of this pain.

When there is no diagnosis for this chronic pain, possibly it can be related to Myofascial pain, or the CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome).     The stretches and trigger point release techniques do help for some.

When there are no STDs, and all the tests are normal, it could be possibly CPPS, a tension disorder.    The muscles in the pelvic floor that surrounds the prostate contracts involuntarily, causing weird pains which becomes chronic, and very difficult to diagnose.

Do you see any reduced ejaculate?

Are you generally a worried/tensed person, having catastrophic thinking?

Regarding the de-nervation/nerve blocks,  are you diagnosed first for any nerve damage?    

In your MRI, is there anything mentioned on Coccyx, is it normal?   Sometimes, sitting for very long hours can RSI (repetitive strain injury), any injury in coccyx may cause strange radiating pains.

I just read your initial post one more time.  Your only evidence diagnosed is the varicose veins.  Have you visited a different urologist for a second opinion?   You doctor must surely rule out it is not causing the pain.

Pain from one side shifting to the other side is a typical symptom of CPSS and Myofascial pain.    The pain will be unilateral in constant, however suddenly on a day it will shift from one side to the other side.  During this time, the pain in the original side will be absent or reduce for many of them, however it will come back to its original side after few days.

Have you read this book "A headache in pelvis"?

Surgery should be a lost option, however it will still not work if in case it is CPPS.    

Thank you for your detailed reply. Truly means a lot to me. And sorry for the delayed reply.

I did take into consideration that I had CPPS. But in many searches it was rare reading that CPPS caused testicle pain. Regardless, I still went to physical therapy and was excited when I was told I was going to try trigger point release therapy. But after many many sessions it did nothing for me.

As far as I know the amount that I ejaculate doesn't seem reduced. I also don't find tha ejaculation not urinating make my pain worse.

I never thought I was a person who generally worried or tensed up. But after having this issue start, I have become a VERY worried and anxious person. This has depressed me so much that I have been taking anti-depressants to try to control my suicidal thoughts since I can't tolerate this pain.

It's been over two months since my denervation sergery (surgery). And I must say it gave me SOME relief but no where near the amount of relief to where I can function and do a routine life. I was never diagnosed for any nerve damage prior to the surgery. He did try a nerve block before to see if it would help because he said if it did help, it means the denervation would be in my favor. But the block didn't help. I was still desperate and went through the surgery regardless.

My MRI came back normal but the only thing unusual was a retroaortic left renal vein. I wasn't sure what this was but after researching it, I didn't find this to be of any relation since my urinary function is fine. I didn't read anything about my coccyx but I will definitely take another look.

All of doctors have concluded that varicocele is def not the cause. I also agree with them because I was told I had a bigger vericocele on my left side and it was still very small.

"The pain will be unilateral in constant, however suddenly on a day it will shift from one side to the other side.  During this time, the pain in the original side will be absent or reduce for many of them, however it will come back to its original side after few days"

The reason I quoted that was because this feel like its right on the money!!! I haven't had pain on the left side in months!!! Just chronically now on my right side. But when this issue first started for the first 3-4 months, I would get them on both sides. And I would feel that when my left testicle would hurt, my right testicle pain would reduce. But I told myself I just felt that way because I felt more balanced with both sides hurting instead of one. But now that its 9 months later, I see no issue with my left side...but I have never forgotten that it was there at one point in time.
Is CPPS also possible cause if the pain is unilateral and does NOT shift? I have a cycling pain that is ache in testicle, then soreness in groin, alternating sometimes or both sometimes like a previous poster mentioned. 3 months now, urologist even said its not a urological issue, but then gave me a pamphlet on scrotal pain. Very like doctors to hedge their bets on advice when they haven't got a clue.
What is the % of success you received in your de-nervation procedure, and is the doctor saying it is going to be long lasting?    I guess it sometime causes testicular atrophy.

Have you done TRUS (trans rectual ultrasound) of the prostate to see if any deformities or cysts seminal vesicle?

Regarding CPPS, can you say for how long you continued with your stretches?     Initially it will be difficult,1 step forward = 4 steps backward.

I understand the pain is suicidal and agonizing, unable to perform, etc.   Right now I'm swamped with my work, when time permits, I will write my success story.

I just want to tell you one thing - Never loose hope.

There is one more topic going on similar to this.    Please see my recent post there.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urology/Penile-pain--burning-and-itching-genitals/show/458119#post_8407801
Yes, not necessary that it will shift from one side to another for everyone.     The soreness/or tenderness to touch the genital not necessarily from cycling.

However, have you consulted a neurologist and rule out PNE (Pudendal Nerve Entrapment), done any MRI or EMG?   PNE is not very common, I hope you will not have it, unless you have done rigorous cycling and injured somehow.
My husband has going through this very same thing for the last two years. After three urologists, several cat scans, antibiotics, anti depressants, flomax, pain killers and a very invasive procedure where they explored his penis with a camera, nothing has worked to ease his constant pain.  Sometimes in his testicles, sometimes in his abdomen, sometimes in his side.  It travels, worsens, let's up, but never goes away.  He's had one nerve blocker that didn't work at all.  All his doctors kept telling him that it was stress related and while he has a stressful job he's had the same job for 16 years!  

His last urologist referred him to pain management and he just had the appointment.  This doctor believes that the pain is originating in his spine and has just sent him for an MRI.  Regardless of the MRI results, we are moving forward with a steroid injection in s spine.  Is doctor believes that his lower back pain (which he's had for years and always thought it was being on his feet all day) is actually a nerve issue that is creating pain in his abdominal region.  The injection is scheduled for next week and I will keep you posted on the results.  I'm not sure where we will go from here.  He is not even 40 yet.  This is no way to live!
I have similar symptoms and have sometimes a yellowish semen.  No bacterial infection or anything like it however.  All test negative, got diagnose with 4 mm kidney stone.

Why the question?  Does it mean anything?
Dude, this is either prostatitis or epidydimitis.  I had the same symptoms and after 4 weeks of antibiotics felt better.  
Who is the Dr. that did the denervation surgery?
‎​¶ have the same symptoms as jhonnylee first posted. ‎​¶ feel a rice-like substance on my right testicle. Also my left testicle aches me but just once in a while unlike my right testicle that's gives me this dull pain. My waist also aches and d pain extends down to my lap. The dull pain in my right testicle increases whenevr ‎​¶ take some alchohol.‎​¶ am 22 and I'm concerned about my fertility. Pls help.
Been to urologist twice, had ct scan, ultrasound, 2 rpunds antibiotics, drugs, pain goes where it wants from inner grpin to tops of yestis , to rt side lower back. I  was totally jealthy and this hit me out of the blue and is not going away. Actually am starting to get lump on top of right guy, almond size and sometimes it gets smaller, same on rt with varicocele. Starting to thinl tumor in kidney but ct scan should have shown?  Ready to die in my sleep. I hate waking up like this every day and havent been able to work due to pain, not sure what to do but have had it with doctors not helping at all and tajing my money. Plz let me know what you find because I have done a lot of research and yours is xactly like mine. This is so debilitating and painful , I feel you dude, this *****, I need some answers please, anybody! Help
Been to urologist twice, had ct scan, ultrasound, 2 rpunds antibiotics, steroids, pain goes where it wants from inner grpin to tops of yestis , to rt side lower back. I  was totally jealthy and this hit me out of the blue and is not going away. Actually am starting to get lump on top of right guy, almond size and sometimes it gets smaller, same on rt with varicocele. Starting to thinl tumor in kidney but ct scan should have shown?  Ready to die in my sleep. I hate waking up like this every day and havent been able to work due to pain, not sure what to do but have had it with doctors not helping at all and tajing my money. Plz let me know what you find because I have done a lot of research and yours is xactly like mine. This is so debilitating and painful , I feel you dude, this *****, I need some answers please, anybody! Help http://www.steroidsdrug.com
have very much the same as all of you.  am 50 years old and all seemed to start a year or so age when i found my tailbone hurting.  as i got older, i lost my *** padding and found myself rolling back  on my lower back more when i sat.  do have a tender spot right on lower spine which wasn't there previously....... sore  in kidney area, around waistline and down to the testies.  is worse in the morning when i awake, and if i sit for too long.  i think it has to do with nerve damage and the coccyx.  good luck to all of us, may we find some relief.
Yes I am on board same syptoms (symptoms) so far and now the brown and clumppy semen what does that mean?
i have experienced and am experiencing the same life changing pain, which started after double hyrnia surgery (lower inguinal) in 2007. 5 years and counting ive been to every specialist, and have had every test done.. i had a beautiful daughter in 2001, im nearing 40 years old. in 2007 i weighed 160# and was very athletic, ambitious, sexually driven etc.. now, im 267#, and a totally different man from this pain. my surgeon who performed the hyrnia surgery no longer practices, and i no longer have insurance.. my doctor of nearly 20 years has been kind enough to treat me with pain killers, but he and i both are trying to find answers to end this pain so i can try to put my life back together. NOTE: straining, while twisting will make the pain worse. aggressive sex "will" make the pain worse, when i say worse, i mean 7-15 dys of non stop hell! there are some other things that make it worse, and NOTHING that will stop the "outbreak of pain" once the episode is in full painful motion. i subconciously believe its some form of cancer? you just can not believe the pain unless you actually experience it yourself,(imagine your testicle being squeezed in a vice while having the worse back strain in your life, at the same time, for days) and i do not wish this pain on my worst enemy. im just SHOCKED that there are others like me with exactly the same results/answers, "NOTHING".... I will add this blog to favorites and keep you posted if i find relief. im certainly not cutting my baby makers off :-) thanks for everyones information...
whats the number to call? i posted a comment on "johnny" cause i have had the same thing too for over 5 yrs after a double hyrnia surgery. i figured it was from the mesh they used?? anyway, who's number is that? please advise.. thanks.. im in ohio, hilliard. its 916pm 12-30-12. thanks again
same thing here  2 years on  loads of test scans  no one can help
im 42 now still pain every day in right testical , lower right back and right side  like stitch , :( ,  ive got a little lump on the right viens things that hurts too butthey wont remove it , i told doctor i want right testical removed he sent me to a urologist , but said he wont remove it ,,as he said ill get fantom pains still,    got to be worth a try thow ,,  i was thinking about  calling ambulance  waiting 10 mins then cutting it off :(   as some days it realy is painfull ,  tooth ache in the testical , but my right lower side hurts too all the time ,and back ,  its seems to be getting worse ,
im living on parracetamol and ibbuafen ,  for 2 years now  cannot be doing my body good
i work for myself and find it hard to lift things , cause it realy sets it off
any docs out there who wants to pratice removing testicals  give me a call

thanks all  mark  ,  
Johnny, i had same symptom with you and i found my problem after 6 months later. You already drop a very small kidney stone and pain caused by an edema at your right ureter orifice.Take Magvital 365 mg for a while.You just need magnesium.Take care yourself.
Search for "tension myositis syndrome".    There is a forum for it I guess.
There are quite a large number of people having similar issues, have come out of this chronic pain.  

According to the TMS theory, any childhood trauma (abuse), or personal abuse in adulthood, etc, guilt, shame, etc may all manifest during the later years of their life time.

You may also try seeing the videos in YouTube where Dr. Howard Schubiners talks about the Mind Body issues.
Dont do that!! A lot of pain in the body is deferred pain from a problem somewhere else. I feel off a building and landed on my face in 2003. I have been having pain in my right shoulder blade and arm, left lower back and left testicle ever since. The docs found through MRIs that I have bulging discs in my neck and my back and they are getting inflamed due to certain activities. It is easy with the shoulder to avoid the aggravating things but with the lower back it is almost impossible. Sitting with my back bent at all will cause a flare up that lasts for days. I agree it is very difficult to function because of it and the dull pain in my testicle is almost worse than the back pain but cutting it off wont solve anything. A couple things to have looked at are your lower back spine and your sacroiliac joint. An orthopedic doc should take you serious and order MRI and P.T. Also regular dose of anti inflammatory medication may help as well. Good luck to you all!!
I have the same pain im 29 n had it for 6 years now and its git worse in the last 6 months I take pain killers endone n stuff 6 b4 I go to bed n started smoking weed to knock me out to sleep I cant remember the last time I sleeped longer then 3 hrs without pain I wish thay could find something wat I would do for a good nights sleep n wake up without any pain iv never been one to think of suicide but I seriously cant put up with this pks help if anyone does no somthing that could help
I got this same problem a few weeks back after working out... Dull ache in right testicle, groin tenderness, epididymitis, etc. After 2 doctors told me I was fine, I started doing countless hours of research. I've been to a chiropractor 4 times to address pelvic rotation and SI joint issues. The aching disappeared, but I still had a swollen testicle and epididymis.

Though I looked and felt aligned, I noticed that my right foot didn't naturally want to stay straight. Instead, it pointed outward. After more research, I lied on my back, feet flat on the floor, knees bent. I stuck a pillow between my knees and, while squeezing, lowered my legs flat. "Coincidentally," my right hip clicked. I repeated the procedure and got another click. Third time, nothing. I felt good, went to bed, and woke up with two normal testicles.

I'm no doctor, but if you're forcing your hip to rotate inward with every step you take, that's gonna cause a lot of stuff to stretch that shouldn't. The clicking is the hip going back to its proper position.

Please give this a try and post your results. There are LOTS of guys out there dealing with this, and some going to extremes to try to eliminate it.
Have any of you with the pain have had an ilioinguinal hernia repair? I had one in 1997 and came out of that surgery with nerve and spermatic cord entrapment. I was 27 and 43 now. I've had cord blocks, numerous meds, steriod shots, and the only thing to help me has been a nerve block in my hip. I'm past the point of loss of control. It's so bed that if I don't ejaculate on a daily basis, I feel like someone is ripping my testicle out. I also have back, hip, knee, and foot problems because of the way I sit, walk, and try to run. I've been told since 1998 that I could remove my testicle,  but they can't guarantee that the pain will go away. I went to a Urologist last August and he said the same thing, but he also said that he can also take out the spermatic cord and he would look for the nerve entrapment. He did tell me that I'm sterile on that side now because of the spermatic cord entrapment.
The last couple of weeks I've decided to go through with the surgery to see if it helps. I mean, what do I have to loss? It's just a testicle-that hurts all day, everyday.
The thing that pisses me about this is the doctor that did the surgery in '97. While I was on the operating table about to go to sleep, he walks up with a confused face and asked me, "Its on the right side right?". I said no, the left and passed out. He also shouldn't have done the surgery, he even told me this, because my labs weren't right. I guess that's what I get for depending on a VA doctor and hospital.
I'm 31 years old and have been having very similar issues. My symptoms, like others here, do change sometimes too. I have discomfort in my testicles and perineum. It's hard to describe. But, like you mentioned, it feels like a constant reminder that something is weird. Sometimes I have discomfort in my back. Achy, dull. My upper groin feels strained too, sometimes, between my penis and belly button. Alll of this is noticeable when I'm standing up (not terrible), but gets more intense when sitting, and then awful when laying down. Sleeping is hard. It's been going on for around a year now.

My urologist did an ultrasound after finding no problems through a physical exam. The ultrasound showed no cancer or anything concerning to him. He said he saw signs of what may be a small variococele. But he did not think that was the issue. He felt my prostate and felt nothing wrong. He thought maybe it was prostatitis. He wasn't sure. Said he saw a very small amount of infection in my urine, but doubted that'd be causing it. He put me on Cipro for a month, just in case. It didn't work. So, he put me on Bactrim for a month. That just made me sick and made me feel worse.

Then, he had his resident do a physical on me too, to double check everything. I had told my doctor I thought my testicles seemed different. Or, well, more my scrotum. My balls didn't hang as they did before. They seemed tightly bunched up. And my scrotum felt tight too, as if there was some fluid. But, after feeling them himself, the resident said he didn't think they felt abnormal. I was frustrated because I know my own body. Something is weird. He said that because I'm so focused on the pain, I may be noticing things that were always there. I doubt that.

He said he sees other patients with similar problems, and they don't find a cause. He said they may just have to try to treat the symptoms, since they aren't finding a cause. But, that bugs me. Something has to be going on. It seems he thinks he's done all he can do.

Also, for the record, I don't have any issues urinating. No STD's. No problem ejaculating. I am diabetic though, but he didn't seem to see that as an issue either.
I have the exact same issue. Im 19 and have been suffering from the exact same symptoms since i was 16. Have you figured anything out yet? Its gotten so bad. Please let me know if you do.
My son was 20 when he was involved in a bad work accident. He immediately started having similar groin pain. After seeing a urologist and all tests coming back negative the answer was found by his orthopedic doctor. He has a damage to several discs, but the one causing the groin pain is the t12-L1. This causes the pain to wrap from his back around to his groin and sometimes his inner thigh. If you have ever played football, have a repetitive job, car accident, etc. that may have caused any damage to your discs - ask for a lumbar and thoracic MRI. this very well could be the root of your groin pain. Good luck!
I have had these symptoms for the past three months and my doctors are clueless. did you ever sort it out or find a solution?
My boyfriend has been battling about 80% of these same symptoms for several days now. We initially thought it was caused by heavy lifting, since we had been moving furniture the day before. We looked up every symptom, every possible cause, every possible solution, nothing helped us. Even avoiding physical labor didn't help for long, seeing as the pain returned anyway. The one thing we finally noticed after the fourth day is that whenever he sat at a certain angle for too long, he began to experience the pain. Making sure his lower back, the lumbar, just around his tailbone area is supported by something such as a body pillow, he starts to feel better and the pain subsides. Laying flat helped him as well. NSAIDs did nothing to help relieve the pain, but a massage to the area of his back just above the buttocks but below the tailbone on the side where the pain is also helped tremendously. He believes it may be due to a disk pressing or pinching a nerve. But definitely supporting his lower back when sitting and not sitting for too long are two things that help prevent his pain. I hope this helps - it sounds like you guys are going through hell!
I want to help those with testicle pain telling my husband's success story. He suffered with testicle pain for about 6 years, mild and not often in the beginning, increasing intensity and frequency. He had been to several doctors, all kinds of exams and they found absolutely nothing. He took antibiotics and pain killers and nothing helped. Last year he had excrutiating pain in tests, but also had some back pain, sometimes sciatica pain and some right side pain under the rib cage, which we never thought would be linked. He was afraid of some serious disease and we searched the net like crazy when I found a biologist who links those problems with hormones. My husband had a vasectomy and this Dr says that the vasectomy makes the tests stop to produce progesterone. When he started to take 1 drop of natural progesterone a day all these issues stopped. I want to emphasize that those symptoms may be related to estrogen dominance, not necessarily affecting only those vasectomized men. I would like to tell those who had all other diseases ruled out and nothing was found, it may be a route to explore! Good luck
I've been having the exact same pains,mine started a month ago after having sex. Prior to encounter I had never had any of these problems and been perfectly healthy.
However now I have a dull ache in the testes, sometimes in one or even in both, penis pain, pain in the lower back near the right buttocks and have also been getting what feel like hot flashes on my legs and thighs.
It isn't an std but it happened after some form of strenuous activity, is this the case for all of us?
I have this exact same problem that just occured severly out of nowhere, I found out that it started to build up since I've been driving my mother in law's van. I wear a belt with my pants 24/7 and the seat belt of the car pushes my belt into my pubic region. It's now a week into this pain, and i notice the less I wear pants, the more my pain goes down. Also, during the day right after I wake up when my food starts really moving through intestines I get sharp quick pains in my testicles. Even the waist band on sweatpants pushes in too hard and continues the pain/swelling.

My problem my be less severe but I really feel like I'm healing myself without medical help by relaxing at home naked, I wake up almost perfectly  healed everyday, because I wear no kind of pants at home, and when I'm out I wear jeans that are too big for me and I just hold them up with my hands.
My stepfather said they always told him to never wear your belt where you bend your body or the muscles inside will chronically Tighten, I think this pain is cramped muscles around the lymph nodes trying to resist any belt/waistband I wear.
You likely have multiple conditions/injuries. The pelvic region is complex. There is a solution, but it's nearly impossible. I wore out my hip by the age of 27. Yet, I didn't know I had a hip deformation and labral tears.and continued working hard and playing hard. Then one day, the day after a new work out plan, I got pain in both sperm cords, then just the right cord, followed by intense pain in my navel. The navel detached, along with other tissues throughout my pelvis. I've been diagnosed with osteitis pubis, sports hernia, testicular torsion, SI joint dysfunction, and myofascial pain syndrome, I spend so much time rubbing my right hip, leg, stomach, pelvic, penis and testicle that I've gotten carpel tunnel. The best way I can describe it to people is that it's like tendinitis of the whole pelvis/torso. I got a shot of cortisone in the sperm cord, which helped a little temporarily with testicular pain, but its no real fix. I had arthroscopic surgery on the hip, which worsened the other conditions. I've been laid up for 3 months since surgery. I try to do PT for the hip, but then my testicle and abdomen painfully tighten. So, I've developed my own forms of therapy.

So what's the solution? I'm quite intelligent and resourceful. I'm a successful entrepreneur that started with only $3k to my name. I've tried everything and I can tell you there is no simple solution. Tendons and ligaments take a long time to heal. All the little ones throughout the pelvis get very little oxygen and blood flow. They also tug on one another, and there are a bunch of them that connect at the small pubis bone. So they never get the rest they need to heal. For instance: If you have tendinitis in your shoulder then you stop using it and get some treatment to increase oxygen and blood flow, and it always gets better. The pelvis/hips/abs never rests, unless you stay in bed for months in will never heal. With every step you can put 1,000 pounds of pressure through the hip/pelvis. Driving is the worst for recovery.

If I were to write a script it would say: Do absolutely nothing for 6 months. Have someone give you full body massage, myofascial releases, and lingam massages, 7 hours a week. Get chiropractic adjustments and acupuncture once a month. Go on an alkaline diet to reduce stress to the abdomen and load your body with nutrients to repair the damaged tissues. Drink nothing but lemon water to flush and hydrate, some herbal tea is nice too. Take a mild pain killer like tramadol  as needed, maybe one pill a day. Marijuana may help with nerve conductivity and works as an anti-inflammatory, but can constrict blood vessels so it shouldn't be abused. Take Ibuprofen as needed, maybe once a day. Avoiding excessive stomach acid forming foods is the best anti-inflammatory, thus the alkaline diet. Get a shot of cortisone in the sperm cord three times, three months apart. Lastly, masturbate every other day, but don't just masturbate... massage your penis. Turn it into a therapy session. Use a heating pad to warm the whole area. Massage the whole area while keeping your penis erect the whole time. Use the stimulated blood flow to bring blood and oxygen to the whole region. Use coconut oil. Massage the prostate, abdomen, butt, and groin. Put pillows under your knees. pull your legs up and stretch. Don't rush to ejaculate, make it a 30-1hr session. Use a pocket p***y  to make it easier to stimulate the penis and finish at the end. Make sure to focus on your breathing. Like during a workout, take deep breathes. Force yourself to smile too, instead of the concentrated face we all usually make during sex. Enjoy the experience, for those of us suffering with this, it is one of the only joys in our life. This is an improved lingam massage, so if you have someone to do this for you it would be much better. After your done and rested for a little while, then ice the area. Freeze a Styrofoam cup of water, tear off some of the foam at the top so you can use it like a roller. Role it over the whole area for 20-30 minutes, not directly on the testicle or penis, mostly on the inguinal ligament, abdomen, butt, taint, and groin. After a few months you can start doing some basic PT for the core, which uses similar muscles as sex/masturbation. Remember it takes a long time to heal, so don't push it.

So, that's my solution, but good luck finding someone to wait on you hand and foot. I never got a chance to rest like I need. My wife never helped me and then left me before I went in for hip surgery, she never believed the severity of the injuries because doctors don't understand or have any solutions. I haven't been able to work a full time job in almost 2 years. I had to move in with my mom for help after surgery, who also pushes me to do too much. I've been more than depressed, but there are better times ahead. I still dream that I will find the woman who can help me recover, I will cherish her and owe her my life.
Update.
I have been managing my pains for over 2 years now some days I don't get any symptoms others can be worse. But finally after an MRA scan of my hip it was showing a torn labral cartlidge. This could be the cause of so many groin pains. Previously I have had MRA scans, CT scans, ultrasounds and x rays all showed normal. The MRA  is about the only scan which will show up tears in this joint. I am now waiting to have a steroid injection in to this joint done with an x ray guided needle. If this does not ease things I will possibly need surgery. Look into labral tears guys and see if you have linked symptoms.
Will let you know how the steroid goes.
I have had testicle pain for 2 years now, i'm a truck driver and bouncing in a truck all day some days the discomfort is unbearable. No pain when standing only sitting or laying with my knees bent I've had 3 MRI's 2 on lower back and 1 on pelvis all normal, 3 ultrasounds the only thing that showed  up was that i have hydro seal (fluid in the scrotum) sent to a pain clinic and had steroid injections that did not help been on antibiotics 3 different times. The first time i went to the urologist he grabbed the under side of the testicles and that's where all the discomfort was the epididymis I've had a vasectomy and he has suggested that he might want to reverse my vasectomy. Hes thinking my sperm is not being absorbed anymore i'm 59. No pain when i have an erection or having sex but if i driving and have sexual thoughts i can feel the discomfort increase 10 fold must have something to do with blood flow. Last time i was at the urologist her check my prostate and said he felt one side a little spongy more antibiotics going to see him in 2 days so hoping good news
I sent you a mail... I have those symptoms as well... are they significant?
Any further update Soreball??

How did the injection go?

Had the steroid injection about 2 months ago, made a very small difference but not much. On the waiting list now to have surgery on my torn hip labrum, only problem is it is upto 12 weeks recovery and as I am in construction it could get expensive.
Hi mate.  I'm 48 got hit with this  pain in epididimis on right testical  out of blue. Went to a and e urologist said felt normal bloods normal psa normal urine cloudy once but all clear normal in lab tests. ******* painful goes in and out of thigh dull ache in testical moves to bone low low back. I'm fit run 4 miles a day  can't do **** all at mo !!!!
Just one single question? What do you guys work at? I mean for your income? I mean this very serious.
I have the same issue and I am finding it very difficult to get any sort of diagnosis much less effective medicine. All I have been told is that I have nothing to worry about, just severe, crippling pain. Stretching about 3-4 hours a day (light, yoga based stretches that work to both stretch and build strength made it so the pain is now only in my back and not in my right testicle where it felt like I was being kicked in the balls every five minutes and I would collapse at work in pain. However, if I don;t stretch for more than one day, the testicle pain is back. As far as relieving the pain, the only thing (and I have tried about 12 different pain pills and treatments) was certain pain strains of marijuana. They help with the pain, the stress caused by the pain, and with sleeping. Unfortunately, federal law prevents marijuana from being recognized as medicine so I can't have it at work and have to stick to oxy, which ***** because opioids make the testicle pain worse over time since they cause stomachache and back aches as side-effects.  
Yes, i have exactly what you have described with colour and appearance. Please advise as to what the problem is.

Well, it's amazing how many of us fellas have these same symptoms. I had a motor cycle crash back in 1989 and since then have been diagnosed with a combination of Chronic Fatiuge Syndrom (syndrome), Fibromyagia and Myofacial Pain Syndrom (syndrome). The pain in the testicles and groin area, between the anus and testicles, has been an on an off thing for at least 20 years. It has lasted for six months at one time 24/7 with no let up, this latesest on started on the 15th of Ausgust and is still going strong. I cannot say I have ever gotten use to it but I am happy to say it is more bearable once you have been checked out for the things that we normally start fixating on when this pain comes, such as, testicle cancer and prostate cancer. I am happy to answer any questions you fellas may have........one thing I have found helpful is to write down when you have these pain events, that way when you are in the middle of one of these you can refure back and ease your mind that this has happened before and your not imagining it or going crazy. All the best!