Urology Community
Hematuria and Protein in Blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hematuria and Protein in Blood

Im a healthy 37 year old female (non-smoker) who has had numerous urine samples with results of blood and protein in the urine, with increased amounts each time. The samples have been tested for bacteria/infection resulting in no infection found. An ultrasound of my kidneys (gall bladder, liver, pancreas, spleen and aorta) along with a urine cytology was negative as well. I do have constant lower back pain and just a general unwell feeling with no other symptoms. I am waiting on an appointment for an ultrasound of my bladder in two weeks.

Could you please provide some insight as to what this might be. I am worried about cancer, possibly bladder cancer.

Thanks.
I'm sorry, I don't have any expertise in this area.  I would post this in the cancer thread, maybe ask one of the docs.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Causes of hematuria can be divided according to the affected organ and they are Kidney conditions (infection, pyelonephritis, kidney stones, polycystic kidney disease), Bladder conditions (cystitis, bladder polyp, bladder tumor), Urethral conditions (Sexually transmitted diseases, urethral injury, vaginal inflammation), and certain bleeding disorders. Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Doc, please delete my above post.  I clicked on the questions for you and thought this was a direct message.  Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for your response but a bit confused by your suggestion of getting evaluated by a dermatologist?