Urology Expert Forum
I have stretched my penis skin way too far Please Help

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

I am a twenty year old male in perfect health. About a month and a half ago I bought two penis pump devices. One was vaccum based and the other was a water suction type pump. I used the vaccum pump about 5 times not going on high pressure. I used the water pump twice which seemed to put alot of pressure on my penis. In between the pumping sessions I was having frequent masturbation. After I noticed my penis just didn't look right I stopped. And over the next few weeks I saw my penis skin erode. Before it was normal tight rapped around the shaft. Now it is something completely different. Its wrinkled,loose completely around my shaft,lost all its "firmness",is thinner,leathery,darker,but most off all its like I have created extra skin enough to pull over my penis head ( I am circumcized ). It feels like mush in a sense. I mean I saw my penis go from healthy skin to something like that of a monster. Now I have been to two urologists which were blown away by the whole story in the first place. They didn't understand the whole thing. Basically yes my penis still functions. But the SKIN of my penis has been mutilated. I know my body and what it is and to watch my penis transform infront of my eyes is a pretty sad thing too see. Basically I have been scowering the internet to find a soltioun to my problem but it seems like this is one problem with no solution. How will my stretched out penis skin ever regain its old elasticity and firmness around my shaft ?Now I have been thinking of maybe LED Lights to tighten the skin. I know there is no pain involved with LED Lights and its almost completely non-invasive. I just don't know if it is safe to do it on my penis. I wouldnt want things to get worse. But there is a product , www.lightstim.com If you could go there and maybe tell me if you think its a good idea. Accupuncture,light therapy, anything. Any help would be great as this is really tearing my life up right now.
I would expect skin that is stretched in the short term to return to its original state. It may take a while. Just don't stretch it again, other than with erections. I am unaware of any treatments that are worthwhile for your situation.  I certainly do not think that you should use the lights that you mentioned. The long term effects are not known and, as you commented above, you do not want to make things worse.
When we become concerned with an area in our body, we start to notice EVERYTHING and compare it in our memory to some previous time. There is often some distortion in our mind as to what things were like in the past (when we were less observant.). Please keep this in mind when you examine your penis in the future.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

"This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not  necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition.”

I understand the whole thing about when we become concerned about an anera of our body we notice everything. But this was a complete transformation. If nothing happend or even if it was minor I would not care at all. But to see all my skin scrunched up above my circumcistion line. To see when I sit down to go to the bathroom all my skin wrinkle up into 1 inch it is hard not to notice. When you watch one thing become another it is hard not to notice. I want to hope that the skin will go back but I just don't see time helping this. My skin is so tender,soft,pulled,stretched,loose. I mean how does skin just re-tighten around my shaft ? How will it become firm again ? I just don't see it happening
I  hear your frustration and anxiety. I suggest that you give your problem time to resolve itself. By pursuing treatment now with a modality  (light) that damages a deep layer of skin my lead to problems later that cannot be readily treated. Worse cast scenario, you could have surgical reduction of your penile skin in the future.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition

Have you heard of reduction of the penile skin before ? The skin now is very pink and tender and when it sits for hours just wrinkled up it seems to get more tender and tender. With time will the skin re-harden so to speak ? Because the areas where the new stretched skin were created are so tender and soft and it just seems to be getting more wrinkled and soft and tender as the days go on.
I do not know how your penile skin will ultimately appear and feel. I do know that the best treatment for your stretched skin is not to traumatize it further now. There is nothing lost, physically in waiting several months (maybe 6 ) and then reevaluating the whole situation.
Surgery to tighten the skin would end up being cosmetic, but doable if you so desire. My guess is that you will not easily find a urologist willing to do it, however.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

How do you think the surgery would go ? What would they do ? basically How would surgery re tighten the skinaround the shaft ?
You need to calm down and give your body a chance to recover. It may be that you will have to live with imperfection, as we all do. Surgery on your penis would involve simply tailoring the skin but runs the risk of complications. Remember that surgery leaves scars.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

The thing is the severity of the stretching and looseness will not let me have any form of intercourse then. The skin is too thin or tender to even think about penetration of any kind. And trust me I am not ready to rush into any surgery just want to know as much information as possible. Like what complications could arise ? Again just wanting to know as much as possible and not ready to rush into any form or surgery.
A related discussion, penis was started.