Urology Community
Itchy male urethra
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy male urethra

Lately my urethra has been itchy from the base of the scrotum all the way throughout the penis. I have no other symtoms (symptoms) or discharge, just the itching. I have gotten treated for chlamydia about six months ago. I took zithromax to kill the bacteria. Other than that, my health is been generally fine. What are some possibilities or treatments for this? Is it safe to say the chlamydia is gone?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I also forgot to mention that I am sexually active. My partner and I have gotten tested for Std's which all proved to be negative besides the chlamydia we got treated for about 6 months ago.
Blank
Hi,

Chlamydia may be difficult to detect because early-stage infections often cause few or no signs and symptoms. The usual sign or symptoms of chlamydia infection may include: painful urination, lower abdominal pain, vaginal discharge in women, discharge from the penis in men, or testicular pain in men. The usual treatment is antibiotics and infection resolves within one to two weeks. However, one study shows that there is an increased risks of chlamydia reinfection in both males and females in their 20s. (http://sti.bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/77/1/33)

On the other hand, itching and reddish rash at the tip of of the penis are symptoms of yeast infection in males. This may be due to prolonged antibiotic use, diabetes or impaired immune system. It would be best to see your doctor for clinical diagnosis and proper evaluation. Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank