Urology Community
Low Semen Volume
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Low Semen Volume

1) I have extremely low semen ejeculate even after abstinance of 3-4 days. Two successive Semen analysis shows normal results except : a) semen volume is about 0.5mL b) Liquefection & Frcutose Level tests could not performed due to low semen sample. 2) A Urologist's opinion on Physical examination of testis does not suggest any problem like blocked Spermatic code or Vas deferens. 3) Retrograde Ejeculation does not seems tro be a problem either (since my post-sex urine is clean devoid of any semen like cloudyness).
I have not checked for diabetes or Serum Testosterone or Vericocele.
Urologist does not suggest any medication to enhance semen volume. In your opinion, does medications like SEMENEX work at my age of 40+? Is there any other means of increasing my ejeculation volume keeping semen quality high?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
     How are you? There are many reasons for decreased semen volume like prostrate diseases, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, tumors, osteoporosis, heart disease, hormonal imbalances etc. If you have any medical conditions for which you are on treatment, consult a urologist, to check whether those medical conditions or drugs might be causing a decline in the semen quantity.

Are you experiencing this problem now or since adolescence you had this problem? There are no studies that could provide an evidence that semenax, can help in improving the semen volume. It is the treatment of the underlying condition, which can help in improving the semen volume.
I would suggest that you visit a urologist for confirmation of diagnosis and assistance in treatment.
Best.
Blank
Hello Dr. Veena,

Thanks & appreciate your valuable response/opinion.

I never had any such medical conditions in past. No sleeplessness, Hyper/hypotensions, obesity, Cardiac ailment, stress related, infections/VD, etc. Semen ejeculate volume reduced 1.5 - 2 years ago on its own. Earlier, I used to have reasonably good volume of about 4-5 mL (never volumetrically measured of course) and good spasmatic/peristaltic like involuntary movements during forceful discharge. I used to have clean sense of emptyness after such discharge. Now, even during miniscule release, force is missing during initial discharge and after orgasmic discharge, part of semenal ejeculate remains in urethra and oozes out slowely forming droplets. Is it due to Erectile tissue dysfunction? Anyway, I will consult our friendly urologist and press him for some logical mandatory diagnostic tests for correct diagnosis and treatment.
Blank
Hello Dr. Veena,

Thanks & appreciate your valuable response/opinion.

I never had any such medical conditions in past. No sleeplessness, Hyper/hypotensions, obesity, Cardiac ailment, stress related, infections/VD, etc. Semen ejeculate volume reduced 1.5 - 2 years ago on its own. Earlier, I used to have reasonably good volume of about 4-5 mL (never volumetrically measured of course) and good spasmatic/peristaltic like involuntary movements during forceful discharge. I used to have clean sense of emptyness after such discharge. Now, even during miniscule release, force is missing during initial discharge and after orgasmic discharge, part of semenal ejeculate remains in urethra and oozes out slowely forming droplets. Is it due to Erectile tissue dysfunction? Anyway, I will consult our friendly urologist and press him for some logical mandatory diagnostic tests for correct diagnosis and treatment.
Blank
I also have similar problem. I am 30. newly married and we want to have a baby
Blank
You can try using a medication to improve your erections and hopefully the force of ejaculation at the time of climax, and see if this helps your ejaculate volume to go up.
Ideal would be Tab.Tadalafil at 10 mg doase, to be taken 30-45 minutes before you plan to have intercourse or give your semen for analysis. I guess you would need to get a doctor's prescription before use.
See if this helps you. let us know if the problem persists.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank