Urology Expert Forum
Lump Inside Penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Lump Inside Penis

I was circumized as a child so I doubt I have cancer of some kind, but hope you can put my mind at ease anyway. I'm kinda too shy to see a doctor in person about it.

I have a very small lump inside of the penis, which is where the head of the penis meets the shaft, where the veins are. Its located at the front of the penis, facing my tummybutton.
The lump feels much more like a tiny ballbearing than anything else. I cannot feel the lump there unless the penis is erected. It is not noticeable by eye and sometimes I have to push moderately hard to feel it there.
I am not suffering at all, the lump is the only thing that is new. No blood or itchiness, etc etc.
If I could elaborate, very close to where the corona is located.
see a doctor to examine the lump

it it's only there with an erection, it's likely to be from swollen blood vessels since they're only engorged when the penis is full of blood.
I would get it examined but there's nothing to see or touch unless I have an erection. If I was to let it be, would it be safe for me to just keep an eye on it. Maybe go the doctor if it gets bigger, experience pain or doesn't disappear over time?
sure, it could be safe if it's just a swollen vessel.

the concern would be if it's a lump that's actually there regardless of having an erection, and you just can't feel it without having an erection.  a doctor may be able to feel it.
I am actually suprised to read your post. I have a Dr. appointment next Tuesday for this same exact reason. I have noticed the lump before but as you stated it does seem to only appear while having a full intense errection. However While errect there is some discomfort when pressure is applied to that area. Appears to be right below a blood vessel. One of my main concerns is that in my case it seems to hard to be a swollen blood vessel , but then again I am not a doctor. Let you know what I find out.
Thank you
glad you're getting examined.  may only be a swollen blood vessel, but it's good to get checked
Thankyou Teachme32, will be awaiting your response and I hope all goes well!
Just a quick question for you. Did this lump appeared some days after you experienced trauma such as rough handling by a girlfriend or maybe yourself? I'm pretty sure mine is related to that but will get it checked out if it doesn't disappear after about 2 weeks.
not for certain, noticed it some time ago after my wife and I were together. thought it was just a swollen vessel but when touched and pressed it felt hard like moveable knott or a litt BB and there was a little discomfort / pain. And now recently the same thing. It only seems to happen when I have an extreme erection and of coarse the longer the erection the more the lump seems to harden and the more sensative it is to the touch. I find it odd that after two days or so of doing nothing that it does go away, hinting at a swollen vessel but if that is the case why would the swollen vessel get so hard, Is it a blood clot some how ? Is it a blood vessel that is twisted and blocked  in some way ? who knows ... I am concered. I guess more concerned because How am I suppose to describe this to the doc. I can't really say  " see look "  I can't very well take my wife with me and say see look this is what happens .. The appointment is next tuesday. I will keep you updated of the results.
My husband had a hard thing in his penis, like a BB. It wasn't sore and it wasn't red. After a time it broke through the skin and it was like a softened popcorn kernel. We never have known what it was, but that was many years ago and he has been fine since. Does anyone know what this was?
I too don't have the pain. I wonder if it could be like an internal scab if such a thing can exist? Maybe its the 8th wonder of the world. :-)

Teachme - I know exactly what you are saying about how hard it will be to show a doc.
Maybe you could joke to the doctor and ask him if he wants you to pop a viagra pill before the next appointment.
You can "very well take my wife with me and say see look this is what happens "

I don't agree with it, but many urologists have explicit magazines to help attain an erection for purposes of examination

Poorlittlerichgirl's husband probably had a sebaceous cyst that came out eventually (dead skin in a little cyst)

It's possible to be clotted blood inside, but your doc needs to feel it.

The viagra pill only helps keep the erection going.  not make it come on in the first place.
sorry for the delay, been really busy with work... well I went to the dr and he said , well there was not much he could say except to keep an eye open and that it just appears to maybe be fiberous or something along those lines. He did say that if it ever got worse or started to cause issues to setup an appointment to see an uroligist. . So It appears that we my never really know what is going on.
it's bothering you, so why don't you see a urologist?
A related discussion, i have similair problems was started.