Aa
A
A
Close
Lump on left testicle, no pain
Hi, I am 15 years old, and I just discovered a lump, about half an inch on my left testicle. It causes me no pain or discomfort, however I was wondering if I should be concerned. It seems to be attached to the left testicle, however it can still move somewhat freely, as if it were attached by a thread.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
This freely mobilelump on the testicles seems like a sebaceous cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care. Please do keep me posted if you have any further queries on the same.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hey, thanks for the response, when you say it might not require treatment, you mean it will go away on its own? I guess I should go to the doctor and get this checked out, I was kind of avoiding it because it is such an awkward subject, but i guess i have no choice :(
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources