Pain After Kidney Stone Was Removed
I'm a 23 year old male.  I had a 5 mm kidney stone removed from my left kidney via cystoscopy at the end of October 2007.  My left kidney was swollen and I had a stent put in.  The stent was removed approximately 5 days after surgery.  I ended up getting a bladder/kidney infection from the stent.  I was on antibiotics for a week and the infection went away.  Since the surgery I've been having tiny spasms on my front side near by left kidney (and sometimes on the right side too).  I've also had some back pain for a day or two.  Sometimes I feel like I have a small pain in my bladder area when I have to urinate.  I've heard that these are common symptoms and may last up to a few months after surgery.  Is this true?  Has anyone else experienced this?  I've seen my family doctor a few times since surgery and he says just to keep drinking fluids and to keep an eye on it, but it should be normal.  What do you think?  Please help.
I had a huge stone surgically removed from my left kidney and had a stent put in for a few days after the surgery and given more antibiotics.  Within a week of coming off the antibiotics I started having "small" pains in my kidney, but didn't pay much attention.  Mostly my left kidney hurt, but occasionally I'd have the same pains on the right side too.  It finally got to the point that the pain was so bad I could hardly move.  I had a few X-rays and CAT scans but it "didn't really show anything".  Doc thought it might be a tiny stone or either scar tissue.  He put me back in the hospital, supposedly as outpatient to remove what ever was there.

When I woke up I found out the scar tissue was so bad the kidney was not working and e-coli had set up pretty bad.  Ended up staying in hospital 3 days on IV's.

Do mess around with this.  If it keeps hurting, keep going back to the doctor and demanding something be done.  Is the doctor a GP?  If so, I'd go to a urologist.  
sorry, meant DON'T mess around with this.