Pain after Inguinal Hernia Operation
Hello, I hope you can help me.In March 2007 I had an Inguinal Hernia repair operation on both sides after I had experienced bad groin pain for about six weeks. About three weeks after the surgery, I developed testicular pain in both left and right testicle with the left one swelling up dramatically. After going for a scan it was observed that I had a hydrocele on my left side. Six weeks after My original operation, I was hospitalised after I developed severe pain on the right side of my groin. The pain quickly spread to my scrotum and testes. Fearing that I had testicular torsion the urology team performed a procedure where they attached the testicles to my scrotum. They also repaired the hydrocele. They found no evidence of torsion. This was the first of my flare ups. These flare ups have continued to the present day (September 8th 2007) on an intermittent basis but almost always starting on right groin and radiating downwards. For several months it was believed I had epididymitis but despite numerous antibiotics being given, there was no change in my condition. I have had a CT scan which came up clear. Recently I have been prescribed Lyrica 75 gram. This is apparently the strongest painkiller that can be given and it has had no effect. No other painkiller has worked during a flare up. My pain management doctor has said I may need an operation if the situation persists. Have you ever come across a similar situation? I am a 26 year old male otherwise in quite good health. My problem has interfered greatly with the quality of life I have now. Thanks for your help
In 1996 I had a right inguinal hernia mesh style repair.  Some numbness remains in the area but not too noticeable.  I believe I permanently lost some strength of erection after the surgery.
In March of 2011 I had a left inguinal hernia mesh style repair.  Recovery went well.  Three months later I did a lot of lifting and toting while moving.  A throbbing pain developed, which has subsided to a barely noticeable level.  Still, it is noticeable, and I don't think it should be.
After reading some of the posts I count myself fortunate.  If I ever have surgery again, I will spend more time researching the best surgeon.  Too many complications can develop from what should be a simple operation.
I had abdominal mesh placed on 4/4/11and 3rd. day in hospital a lump popped out and I had to walk on my tip toes on that side. Felt like razor blades cutting my insides. Numerous CT scans showed fluid under mesh. By the way the original doc has never done ANY tests on me.Saw a new surgeon last month and he said he could not help me and that I have to go to a big hospital.Lump is bigger and mesh is hard as a rock. Have nausea, pain,twitching over mesh, back pain, diarriah and bowels and bladder are aggrovated.  I have lost over 20 pounds and am now 76 pounds.Been to ER numerous times and  they had to give Demiral shots and Fentinyle for the pain.Get your report from the surgery that states what kind of mesh yours is, who made it , the catalog # and the lot #. I also peed pure blood for three days after my surgery.Docs have ignored me and say it will go away. I am going to file a complaint with the FDA about this mesh.One doc now thinks I am allergic to something in the mesh. He thinks too that I may have an infection that is not showing up. Feel really rotten. Tired of all this and am getting short tempered.Every one file with the FDA because if they get enough complaints they have to investigate. I hope and pray for myself and all of you that SOMEBODY helps us. It is wrong for these docs to treat us this way.
I had my inguinal hernia surgery back in april. I was required to get the surgery to enlist in the service. They used mesh on me , but I still feel discomfort (not necessarily pain) if I sleep wrong, sit down wrong, or even sing. I love singing but should I stop doing it if it puts pressure and aggrevates it? I figured 7 months after surgery I would be ok to do things like that, but could it just mean I am a slow healer? Please answer
got the results of my MRI, I was hoping that something would have shown up, so that I could go back under the knife to have it fixed, just not my luck, MRI seems to have showed up nothing, what is going on inside my body, life is just not good anymore.  I suppose I have 1 last test to ask for, an MRI with the dye, which I thought would have been smart to do seen as though it seems to be nerve damage, I wish you all well in your endeavors to be fixed/repaired, but the faith is fading quickly on this side of the fence, I just want my life back.  If I was an animal they would have put me down, so why do we need to live with this pain.  Also starting to get more worried about my right foot, as I used an infrared thermometer and there was a raised 2.3deg difference between my feet, the right being hotter.
I had the surgery (laprascopic) on 4th Nov.  The surgeon gave me 6 weeks leave which I thought was excessive (at the time). I am now at 3 weeks and while the incision has healed beautifully (inside first 2 weeks) and while also I do not have the same major problems as some have written in this forum, I do have 'pain to the touch' on my side side below the incision and my right testicle is painfull to touch but not too bad. Hoping this will progressively lessen over time - not much change over the last week.  Post op visit is on Monday 28th Nov so will see what the surgeon says.
I'm spending my time at home in boxers as any pressure on either my testicle or lower right side cause some pain (testicle-bruising type pain) (lower side stinging type pain).
Will update after I see my surgeon.
I hope this helps someone, but I had a huge inguinal hernia that dropped into my left testicle.  I had laparascopic surgery with mesh applied at the cleveland clinic in 2003 (I was 22).  I'm happy to report that I am NOT having any issues with pain or my testicles.  I have noticed that my urine stream is not as strong as it was, but this could be attributed to age (prostate) or from the original hernia before the surgery.

I suggest doing your research and finding a good doctor.  Although most surgeons believe this is a simple procedure, the complications are serious and common.  Take your time and don't settle for a "value" hernia surgery.
this is my 3rd set of nerve blocking medications, I have seen a very slight improvement, but not holding my breath just yet, as I walk around the city last Thursday, and the pain was back.  I seem to be able to do small amounts without getting into to much discomfort, so I am hoping that these pills will help me
I had an open mesh repair for a left inguinal hernia. Surgery went quite straight-forward but I also have tesiticular pain. I`m currently on day 14, and am documenting my whole recovery here: www.myhernia.co.uk
I have now been to see a pain specialist, he has been very upfront with me, he is reducing my nupentin medication and will be putting me on lyrica, hope this does something, looks promising.
I had inguinal hernia surgery about three months ago one week after I  started having pain in my right testicle . About two months ago I started having  hot flashes and low sex drive so I what to my Dr he tested me I have low t I still have some pain but not as bad as I did I don't know what t do my Dr said that I may have andropause after reading on this site I think it may by form the surgery can someone help me
i found this on the internet mybe this will help us
TES TIC U LA R AT RO PH Y AF T ER INGU INA L HE RNIA RE PA IR

by Brian Camazine, M.D. INTRODUCTION

Ischemic orchitis progressing to testicular atrophy is one of the most devastating complications of hernia repair, It is also the most common cause of litigation after herniorrhaphy. The incidence of testicular atrophy is up to 0.5% after primary repair and up to 5% after recurrent hernia repair.

The primary etiology of testicular atrophy is surgical trauma to the testicular veins of the spermatic cord. This is especially likely to occur during dissection of a complete indirect sac from the cord. Delicate veins of the pampiniform plexus are injured and thrombose causing venous insufficiency of the testicle.

CASE PRESENTATION

A 58 year old male with chronic pain in his right groin was referred to a general surgeon for hernia repair. The patient had a history of bilateral inguinal hernia repairs at age 19. Despite having no symptoms on the left, the surgeon suggested bilateral repair since ²The left side will eventually pop out². The patient was not informed of the possible complications of bilateral repair or that the risk of complications were significantly higher since the patient previously had bilateral repairs. Specifically, there was no discussion of the risks of testicular atrophy or that consideration was given to staging the repairs.

At surgery, the surgeon encountered a significant amount of scar tissue. Both indirect and direct hernias were found on the right but no hernia was found on the left. Following the surgery, the patient developed bilateral wound complications requiring drainage and antibiotics. He saw the surgeon multiple times over the next year with complaints of testicular swelling and pain followed by retraction of both testicles.

Eventually, the patient saw a urologist and endocrinologist. He was found to have depression, decreased libido, hot flashes, loss of hair, gynecomastia and bilateral testicular retraction and atrophy. Laboratory tests showed a very low testosterone level. The patient was diagnosed with secondary testicular failure resulting from bilateral inguinal hernia repair.

Despite treatments with androgens, the patient has persistent loss of libido, depression, feminization, and groin pain. These events have significantly changed his life for the worse.

The patient initiated a lawsuit against the surgeon who ultimately was found liable for injuries to the testicles and negligent for failing to give adequate informed consent. The case was settled for $1,250,000.

DISCUSSION

The incidence of testicular atrophy can be dramatically reduced by ³ limiting dissection trauma to the cord. This is accomplished simply by never, if possible, dissecting the distal portion of an indirect sac from the spermatic cord and never, if possible, dissecting the cord beyond the pubic tubercle for any reason. When necessary, dissection of the spermatic cord can be bypassed altogether by accessing the groin by an abdominal preperitoneal approach. The preperitoneal hernioplasty is indicated in patients with recurrent hernias to avoid retraumatizing a previously dissected and perhaps damaged spermatic cord.²(1)

Given the increased incidence of testicular atrophy after recurrent hernia repair, leaders in the field of hernia repair have suggested that ³...it probably is ill advised to perform simultaneous bilateral indirect inguinal hernia hernioplasty if an indirect sac has been excised, for fear of causing bilateral testicular atrophy. Also, patients, especially in their reproductive years, who develop ischemic orchitis on one side should have surgical repair of a contralateral inguinal hernia postponed for at least a year until the final outcome of the ischemic orchitis is known.²(1) By corollary, it is obvious that a patient who has had previous bilateral inguinal hernia repairs should have staged operations for recurrences to avoid the potential for bilateral testicular atrophy. In this situation, serious thought should also be given to using a preperitoneal approach.

Although there are no strict guidelines, many medicolegal experts and surgeons believe that complications with an incidence greater than 1% should routinely be discussed with patients. Thus, few surgeons feel it necessary to discuss testicular atrophy with a patient who has a primary hernia.

However, it is essential to discuss these complications with all patients who have recurrent hernias since the incidence is up to 5%. ³Furthermore, it is also advisable to inform all patients with previous groin or scrotal surgery why the preperitoneal approach by an abdominal incision is preferred to an anterior groin incision for repair of recurrent hernias.²(1)

CONCLUSION

The medicolegal implications of testicular atrophy are obvious. Testicular atrophy should be a rare occurrence but is nonetheless more common in recurrent hernia repairs. This complication can be avoided by limiting dissection trauma to the cord. It is essential to discuss the potential for testicular atrophy with all patients who have recurrent hernias.

REFERENCES

1. Testicular atrophy and chronic residual neuralgia as risks of inguinal hernioplasty. Wantz, GE, Surg Clin North Am 1993 Jun;73(3):571-81. About Brian Camazine, MD
I had the samr 2 operations for hernia on left and right side and its been 26 years ago the pain never goes away and your testicals are going to drop dramacticallly as you get older and the VA does nothing and dont give no disability
the only pain i am having is in my testicals and some anxity and loss of libido, depression, i think most is from the low t   has any one else had  this symtoms please let me know
IF YOUR SEEING A LAWYER,GOOD LUCK,IT WASNT OUT OF MALICE ON THE SURGEONS PART SO YOULL LOSE,I KNOW I DID,WASTE OF MONEY.THE THING WESTERN DOCS ARE DOING IS USING OUT DATED MESH AND METAL STAPLES.I JUST HAD MY LEFT MESH AND 13 METAL STAPLES TAKEN OUT,I CAN POOP,**** AND WALK W NO PAIN.HAD IT DONE IN HONG KONG BY A VERY GD SURGEON.I STILL CANT BELIEVE AFTER 9 YEARS OF EXCRUTIATING PAIN,COUNTLESS ******** FROM WESTERN DOCS HE FIXED ME IN 4 HOURS.UNEDUCATED WESTERN DOCS ARE CAUSING US ALOT OF MISERY.PAUL
I REALLY FEEL FOR ALL YOU GUYS THAT HAVE HAD A HERNIA REPAIR.I HAD BOTH SIDES DONE,MY LEFT SIDE WAS DONE IN 2003 LAPROSCOP,MY RIGHT ONE WAS DONE 8 MONTHS LATER ,OPEN NO LAP ALSO IN 2003.MY NIGHTMARE STARTED 3 MONTHS ON THE LEFT SIDE WITH SOME PAIN BUT MORE SO WITH CONSTIPATION.I SAW THE DOC WHO DIDNT SEEMED TOO CONCERNED ABOUT IT,TOLD ME IT WASNT MY HERNIA AND WE WILL GIVE YOU SOME PILLS TO GET YOU POOPING AGAIN.THIS IS THE GUY THAT DID MY LEFT SIDE,OLD AND READY TO RETIRE.I GOT THE IMPRESSION THAT HE REALLY DIDNT GIVE A **** AND THERES NO WAY FROM WHAT HE DID COULD HAVE CAUSED ANY PROBLEMS.
SO I STARTED TO TAKE LAXITIVES,I THINK I TOOK EVERY TYPE ON THE MARKET WITH NO AVAIL.MEANWHILE MY LEFT IS STARTING TO HURT MORE AS WELL AS MY STOMACHE DUE TO THE PRESSURE OF POOP BUILDING UP ALL THE TIME.SO ITS OFF TO SEE ANOTHER SURGEON.
        FINALLY AFTER WAITING 8 FREAKING MONTHS I GOT IN TO SEE THIS GUY,I EXPLAINED TO HIM WHAT WAS GOING ON AND THAT I THOUGHT IT WAS DUE TO THE MESH BEING TOO TIGHT,HE DISMISSED THIS IDEA RIGHT AWAY AND TOLD ME THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE NERVE DAMAGE AND HE WILL SEND ME TO A NERVE SPECIALIST,OKAY ILL GIVE IT A SHOT.SO AT MY EXPENCE I HAD TO TAKE A FERRY RIDE,BOOK A HOTEL AND SEE THIS GUY,OH,BUY THE WAY IVE ALREADY BEEN OUT OF WORK SINCE THE FIRST OPERATION.FINALLY SEE THIS GUY ,EXPLAIN WHATS GOING ON SO HE DECIDES TO MAKE A SMALL HOLE ABOVE THE CANAL AND FREEZE THE NERVE UNTILL ITS DEAD.NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS DIDNT WORK,SO BACK HOME AGAIN TO SEE THE SURGEON AGAIN.THIS TIME HE SUGGESTS I START GOING FOR TESTS,CT'S,BARIUMS ETC...AS I FIGURED NONE OF THESE TESTS SHOWED SQAUT.
  SO NOW BACK TO THE SURGEON,HE TELLS ME HE CANT UNDERSTAND WHATS WRONG,AS IF IM MAKING THIS STUFF UP,SO ONCE AGAIN BACK ON THE FERRY TO TRY ANOTHER PROCEDURE,INSTEAD OF TRYING TO FREEZE THE NERVE LETS SHOVE A PROBE IN THERE AND ELECTRIFY THE ******* THING,WHAT A JOKE THAT WAS,OF COURSE IT DIDNT WORK SO BACK HOME AGAIN WITH A PRESCRIPTION HE GAVE ME FOR NERVES.
  OKAY NOW ITS PILL TIME TO SEE IF I CAN GET ANY RELIEF,AFTER TAKING THESE PILLS FOR 2 DAYS MY ARMS WERE GOING NUMB,MY GUMS STARTED BLEEDING ETC...FORGET THE PILLS AND GO BACK TO THE SURGEON.SO NOW IM IN 2005 BEGGING THE SURGEON TO GO IN AND HAVE A LOOK BECAUSE BY THIS TIME THE PAIN IS ON A TEN OUT OF TEN EVERYDAY ALONG WITH THE CONSTANT CONSTIPATION,NOT EATING AND LOSING 30 POUNDS ALREADY,THE GUY SHOOK HIS HEAD NO BUT RELUCTENTLY AGREED.HE WHENT IN ON THE LEFT SIDE SIDE AND HE REMOVED A COUPLE OF STAPLES AND A TINY BIT OF MESH.ONCE AGAIN TO NO RELIEF,ONLY ANSWER IS TO START ME ON PERKASETS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
  AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF OF EVERYDAY PAIN GOING DOWN MY LEG,KILLING MY LEFT NUT I WHENT AND SAW THE SAME SURGEON AGAIN,THIS TIME HE AGREED TO TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT THE LEFT SIDE AGAIN AND AT THE SAME TIME REPAIR THE RIGHT HERNIA,OPEN THIS THIS TIME NOT LAP.THIS TIME WHEN HE WHENT IN HE DECIDED TO DO A BOWEL RECESSION ON ME,WHY,I HAVE NO IDEA.SO ABOUT A WEEK LATER STILL WITH THE AGONISING LEFT PAIN I STOPPED POOPING ALLTOGETHER.SO I CALLED HIM THIS TIME AND THEY SAID THERE IS NOTHING MORE THEY CAN DO AND HUNG UP THE PHONE.
  AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO POOP FOR 5 DAYS I FINALLY TRIED TO GO ONE DAY AND I TELL YOU IF I HAD A GUN I WOULD HAVE SHOT MYSELF,TURNS OUT WHEN HE DID THE BOWEL JOB HE INADVERTINALLY MADE A BLIND BOWEL LOOP WHICH CAUSED PAIN SO BAD I HAD TO LITERALLY SCREAM INTO A TOWEL SO I WOULDNT SCARE THE **** OUT OF MY NIEGHBOURS.FAMILY DOCTOR SAID IT WAS NERVES AGAIN,SO I WHENT TO CHINA AND SPENT 2 WEEKS IN HOSPITAL GETTING ACUPUNCTURE,THAT DIDNT WORK EITHER,NOW RELLY GOING INTO DEBT AND ALOT OF PAIN IT WAS BACK TO CANADA TO SEE A DIFFERENT SURGEON,THANK GOD THIS GUY FELT SORRY FOR ME AND SLICED ME WIDE OPEN TO FIX THE BOWEL LOOP.STILL NO RELIEF ON THE HERNIA LEFT SIDE,THE RIGHT HERNIA WAS DOING FANTASTIC DUE TO IT BEING DONE OPEN BUT I WAS STILL UP TO 6 PERKS A DAY AND 5 LORAZAPAM A DAY TO COUNTER THE SHAKING FROM ALL THE PERKS.
  A YEAR LATER I SAW THE SAME SURGEON AGAIN ABOUT THE CONSTANT PAIN ON THE LEFT,HE AGREED TO GO IN AND TAKE A LOOK,HE TOOK 3 MORE STAPLES OUT AND SOME MORE MESH,GUESS WHAT...NO RELIEF.I ASKED HIM IF HE COULD DO A RE DO ON THE LEFT SIDE BUT HE TOLD ME IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS,NERVE DAMADGE,COULD BLEED TO DEATH IF THE VASCULAR WAS CUT ETC...I SAW A FEW MORE SURGEONS JUST TO GET THIER OPINION AND I GOT THE SAME STORY FROM ALL OF THEM,MAINLY NO ONE WANTED TO TOUCH ME.BUY THIS TIME ALL I CAN DO IS TAKE MY PERKS WHICH DIDNT WORK ANY MORE AND TRY AND FIGURE OUT THE LEAST PAINLESS WAY TO KILL MYSELF,JUMP IN FRONT OF A TRAIN,HANG MYSELF OR A GARDEN HOSE FROM THE CAR EXHAUST.
  MY WIFE HAS HAD ENOUGH,MY FRIENDS SLOWLY DISSAPEARED DUE TO ME BEING A ***** 24 7.
  THEN A PHONE CALL FROM MY WIFES FATHER WHO LIVES IN HONG KONG,YES MY WIFE IS CHINESE,THEY ARE THE BEST,ANYHOOT HE SAID THAT HE MAY HAVE FOUND ME A SURGEON THAT COULD HELP ME,ANYTHINGS BETTER THAN KILLING MYSELF SO OFF TO HONG KONG I GO.LUCKILY THE SURGEON IS BILINGUAL,60 YEARS OLD AND A VERY POSITIVE MAN.I EXPLAINED TO HIM ALL THE HELL IVE BEEN THROUGH AS YOU TOO HAVE BEEN READING AND I ASKED HIM IF HE CAN CUT ME OPEN AND TAKE THIS DAM MESH OUT AS WELL AS THE STAPLES.HIS REPLY WAS SURE I CAN MAKE A DIAGONAL CUT OPEN AND GET IT OUT FOR YOU.ABSOLUTE CONTRARY TO THE ******** EXCUSES I GOT FROM ALL THE SURGEONS IN CANADA.WITHIN A WEEK I WAS ADMITTED TO THE HOSPITAL,HE TOOK 4 HOURS TO GET THE DAM MESH OUT ALONG WITH 10 STAPLES,2 STAPLES WERE RIGHT BESIDE MY BLADDER THAT NEVER SHOWED UP ON ANY OF THE CT'S I IHAD,THIS EXPLAINED WHY AT 4 IN THE MORNING THE PAIN WOULD WAKE ME UP UNTILL I TOOK A **** THEN I COULD GET BACK TO SLEEP.
   ITS ONLY BEEN 5 DAYS SINCE HE TOOK ALL THAT CRAP OUT AND I CAN **** AND **** AND WALK AGAIN WITH NO PAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN NINE LONG YEARS,I HAVENT HAD ANY PERKS OR LORAZAPAM EITHER,MY APPETITE IS BACK AND NOW WHEN I CRY THEY ARE HAPPY TEARS FOR A CHANGE.
   NOW FOR THE EXPLANATION AS TO WHY SO MANY HERNIA OPERATIONS ARE ******* UP,AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED.THE MAIN TERM IS MESHOMA.IN THE WESTERN SOCIETY DOCTORS KNOWLEDGE OF HERNIAS IS VERY LIMITED AND THIS LACK OF KNOWLEDGE IS BEING TAUGHT AGAIN,ITS LIKE THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND.THE MATERIAL THEY USE MAKIING THE MESH IS OUT DATED BY 10 OR 15 YEARS OLD.DISTANCE AND SIZE OF THE MESH PLAYS A HUGE ROLL IN NOT COMMING DOWN WITH MESHOMA.WHAT HAPPENS IS THE MESH SLOWLY OVER TIME WILL START TO SHRINK IF IT IS NOT PUT IN PROPERLY,IN ESSENCE THE SIDES WANT TO SHAKE HANDS AND WHEN THIS HAPPENS THE MESH BUNCHES UP AND IN MY CASE PULLED ON MY BOWELS CLOSING THEM OFF,PULLING ON THE 3 MAIN VASC NERVES WE HAVE CAUSING THE LEG AND TESTICLE PAIN,AS WITH ME IT WOULD ALSO SHOOT OVER TO THE RIGHT SIDE AND CAUSE PAIN DUE TO THE NERVES BEING CONNECTED IN OUR GROIN.
  THERE IS A GERMAN TEXTILE GUY THAT ACTUALLY CAME UP WITH THE NEW DESIGN OF THE MESH WHICH IS NOW BEING USED IN GERMANY,EUROPE AND CHINA AKA HONG KONG.
  MY LEFT HERNIA PROBABLY WILL COME BACK,THE SURGEON DIDNT WANT TO TAKE THE OLD ONE OUT AND PUT THE NEW ONE IN RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE FROM ALL THE SURGERIES IVE HAD HE TOLD ME I NEED TIME TO HEAL MY INNER STOMACHE TISSUE BEFORE HE ATTEMPS TO REPAIR THE LEFT,AND FOR HIM TO REPAIR THE LEFT WOULD BE A PIECE OF CAKE WITH NO PROBLEMS.
  I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD LOVE A MAN,ESPECIALLY AN ASIAN MAN BUT FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR ME ITS LIKE BEING REBORN. WITH ALL THE PILLS,PAIN AND ******** WE GET FROM OUR WESTERN DOCTORS.DONT LET PREDUJICE GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR HEALTH,THERE ARE OTHER ALTERNATIVES OPEN TO YOU...SPEND 12000.00 AND GET YOUR HEALTH AND SANITY BACK.
  I KNOW THIS WAS LONG BUT I WANTED YOU TO KNOW HOW MUCH CRAP WE PUT UP WITH WHEN ITS NOT REALLY NECESSARY. PAUL .
SORRY,FORGOT TO MENTION THE MOST IMPORTANT PART,DO NOT USE METAL STAPLES AND THE 15 YEAR OLD OUT DATED MESSH THE WEST USES.IF YOU HAVE NERVE ENTRAPMENT A METAL STAPLE WILL NEVER LET GO AND LET YOU HEAL,WITH SELF ABSORBING STAPLES IN TIME THE PRESSURE WILL BE RELEASED AND YOUR BODY CAN HEAL NATURALLY .MOST UP TO DATE MESH HAS BEEN INVENTED BY A GERMAN TEXTILE DUDE ITS NOT LIKE A STRETCHED OUT PIECE OF STRONG COTTON WHICH CAUSES MESHOMA,WESTERN MESH SHRINKS,PULLS ON YOUR NERVES,BOWELS AND BLADDER CAUSING ALL OUR PROBLEMS. PAUL
my boyfriend had 2 inguinal hernias about 6 wks ago, one on either side of the groin, and suffered a lot of swelling especially in his testicles.. even though he checked in and saw his hernia surgeon,.he ws told it was normal and not to worry.. the pain continued, so He then went to a urologist, as one of his testicles seemed to shrink...only to find out that it had indeed atrophied, and would require surgery to have it removed.

As you can imagine this was awful news, however he's not only worried about that, his other testicle is shrinking too, and although he had an ultra sound and that one seemed to be OK...

THIS IS THE QUESTION...WHAT ARE THE RISKS OR REMOVAL OF THE TESTICLE AT THIS TIME,...WILL THIS AGGRAVATE AND CAUSE FARTHER HARM & TRAUMA TO THE REMAINING TESTICLE???
It probably won't  I just saw the second doctor for my pre op. Today.  I decided against it for several reasons.  a lifetime possible pain was one of them.  Infection and fluid build up and possible damage of nerves.  I decided it was not worth it sib=ne mine is small and not life threatening.  I was well informed and i was able to decide against it.  I am not in pain now.
I just had hernia surgery on Feb 13 I am still in alot of pain with it and I have developed a lump several inches from the right side tha was supposedly repaired I am in far more pain than before the procedure does this sound anything like what you experienced?
I have an indirect inguinal hernia and need surgery.  I have read that medical professionals are advising against hernia surgery, if possible, because of the chronic pain that many people experience.    I was scared from reading that, but after reading this thread, I am terrified.  I am choosing to have the surgery because I am in a good amount of pain and would like to return to my athletic lifestyle.  One suggestion I read was to do research to find a good surgeon, but I do not know exactly how to go about that.  I tried Googling "hernia surgeons" and "hernia surgery" in my home town.  Only one result came up, but I can't find anything that tells if he is a good or bad surgeon.  The insurance company is going to send me the name of an Urologist who will do the surgery.  Can somebody give some advice on how to find out if a surgeon is good or not?  Thanks.
I have had the same thing since 2000. I could not return to my original job because the physical needs were too demanding. I had a Hernia that was soo bad they had to cut out some of my intestines. The doctor kept telling me it would take a year to heal. I kept going to all the doctors and about 2 weeks to the year I was not healing, so I went to the the initial doctor and he told me to get some other insurance and get help somewhere else. I had to get a lawyer after that, because after 8 of the workman's Comp. doctors and all of them saying "keep taking the pain and nerve medicine" I realized I was on my own. After I got a Lawyer they sent me to Alta Bates where I was diagnosed with Nerve damage to my Inguinal nerve. The doctor there told me that the doctor who had done my surgery had either cut through the nerve, or sewn both nerves into the mesh. After 4 years and 2 nerve blocks later I got tired of the State following me around and taking video of me taking out the trash and watering the lawn. I tried to get work at my Lawyers request and this made things worse. I had told my Lawyer I had tried to work and I could not live up to their lifting standards . I worked with this guy doing odd jobs for a week and had to quit because I was in too much pain. I went to court later that year and they tried to use it against me, and my Lawyer acted like he didn't know anything about it. The Lawyer and the doctor down graded my disability status and forced me to settle for 50,000 dollars. It seemed soo shady what the doctor and Lawyer did. Do I have nerve damage or were they B.S.ing me to make money?? Here it is 2012 and I still have the stabbing pain and swelling in my groin, that is soo painful sometimes that it is paralyzing. I am 36 years old and I have lived with 12 years of Chronic pain and no Meds, or help. I will probably die young from this, but I hope other people and doctors can learn from our situations.
If the told you you Have Prostatitis.  You Have to have your Prostate Massaged and the semin examined for bacteria. If its Bacterial Prostatitis you must be on an antibotic. I had Prostatitis for 12 years Buring while urinating testicles ached all the time and went to the bathroom at least 20 times a day. Horrible. Watch your Diet Very ImportantStay away from Sugar. No Chocolate. No Soda No Caffeine. Try it and let me know My name is George email ***@****. I had Prostate Cancer 4 years ago. Had my Prostate taken out. The Divinchi Robotic Surgery. Good Luck
Hello Paul, is there way to get that dr's name? ***@****
Hi there.
I read your story and I'd like to know the doctor's details who did your operation, as I have the same nerve problem since 2005.
I would like to know how you feeling now? three months in.
You can reach me on ***@****
Thank you for sharing your story.
John
Try these two websites:

www.healthgrades.com
www.vitals.com

I'm having my own issues with the pelvic & groin area with no real help either. My pelvic area has swollen up on both, strained groin muscles on both sides, both hips, left side of my pelvic & tail bone have been out of alignment. I was told I tore the fascia in my pelvic area and that this injury is permanent. I also had an umbilical hernia that was repaired about 2 months ago, but it wasn't very big. I feel for every one on this site dealing with the issues we are dealing with. I've been out of work since last year with no income at all. I've been selling things off to survive.

I wish everyone on here the best of luck in dealing with these issues. And  Paul, thank God you found some relief. I think you're giving the rest of us hope.

Mark
My husband has just had a hernia operation and after complications is in pain. I have done a lot of research and you will find the following useful.
Go to North Penn Hernia Instiute website. Click on FAQS at the bottom.
Click on the question
"I have already had surgery and now I have chronic pain. Whats up?"
There is a section on possible causes of the pain and treatments.
Worth taking a look. I hope this helps you all.
I am in the same position as you! It's nice to know it's not only me or that I'm imagining or going crazy or have a low tolerance for pain!!! I have given birth to six children (twins) and delivered every which way and cannot compare any of those births with what I deal with painwise on a daily basis. I is just a year now since my surgery and per my doctor can hurt for up to a year so have my fingers (and toes) crossed that it will ease up. Do not wan to live the rest of my life in pain or on pain medication!
I had hernia surgery @2003 and also noticed problems ejaculating which contributed to my marriage ending. The testicular pain on the right side comes and goes but wearing whitey tighties helps, especially at bedtime. I know this will probably sound like new age nonsense, but I researched non medical treatment for a gallbladder polyup I have(no money yet for surgery) and found a dietary supplement called Indian Herb MC X which can be taken internally with food and directly applied to growths in order to shrink them. I've only started using it for a few weeks and have began using the drops on areas of my right testical. I've noticed a tingling sensation coming from the inside of the testical and for the first time since before my hernia surgery I got an erection after kissing my lady friend. It could all be in my mind but there seems to be a difference. I also suffer from migraines and notice that when the headache is behind the right eye the right testicle is more sensitive and painful.  The herbal drops seem to stir things up and I don't apply them before work as it increases sensitivity. I use it at night when I'm on the recliner and it provides some relief. I've only used a quarter of the bottle so far and wonder what the long term effect will be. Call me crazy but something is going on down there that didn't before.  
I had open inguinal surgery on the RIGHT side of my groin in 1997 using mesh and since then my life has been hell and i have been fobbed off with the old IBS diagnosis. I suffer from an empty hollow hungry sick feeling in the mornings and random nausea, vomiting, fever,sweating,bowel cramps,burning sensations,numb feelings,sometimes my scrotum contracts and shrinks so tight it can be painful,constipation,shooting pains,swelling,trapped wind,heartburn and just a general horrible feeling that never goes away even on good days, iv tried changing my diet, sleep, work exercise and iv got nowhere, sometimes i dont realise how much its affecting me until i have a good/bad day and im tired of excuses, if the internet and you people wasnt here the doctors who examined me would have me believe that hernia operations are completely safe,routine and have a 99.9%success rate. lies.
I am a fit and healthy just turned 65.  I exercise walk every day and have a good diet and WAS active.  I had my open double hernia done about early June 2012 only because I was told by my GP that I should have it done as they can strangulate???? Bear in mind I had no discomfort or pain other than went overdoing the lifting.  I was informed by the surgeon to have both done at the same time, I now question this.  He told me I would walk a bit bent over for a few days and to increase activity etc etc.  The op went OK I was not told otherwise, was in overnight and released the next day, I was numb from just above both knees to my upper abdomen.  I took it easy for a few days and just walked around the house and then increased to my usual walks.  A week later had the bandages removed and then had a follow up some 4 weeks after and I told the Surgeon there was some fairly heavy discomfort, he said that was normal and it would all go away.  Since then 3 months later my life has totally changed.  Any touching in the groin area including clothes rubbing on there or even thinking about it is is NO NO.  Including sexual activity which I am scared to even try.  Went back last week and told him I was suffering, had pain all of my waking hours, pinching, pulling, numbness from the base of my penis extending both sides for about 3 inches, he examined me for the normal cough thing and said there was nothing wrong, I told him I can lift things like 20 Kgs if I have to no problems its not that its the constant lingering pain, cant walk sit stand, **** ****, sex, nothing.  Told me to give it another 7 weeks and come back if it still persists.  Wow in this day and age you get this from a surgeon, but from reading this post it sounds like the norm.  I know there is something wrong, what I do not know, I should not have this jabbing electric shock through my body up my spine to my head making me light headed or mildly dizzy, I can walk of and do not loose balance but wow what a pain.  Funny thing is I sleep ok until I have to turn over but it is not as bad as when some weight gets on it like standing. Anyway that's my story doctors do not inform you of the worst, give at least an educated guess bearing in mind your fitness and general health, no just go for the knife.  My hernia was not necessary I would not be like this if I did not have it done and the stupid thing is I DID NOT HAVE TO HAVE IT DONE.  I live in hop it will subside, I spoke to the wife of a man who had the same surgeon do his some 4 weeks after and he is fine, no pain nothing was good after about a month, now would not know he had it done, why I ask, dont know I say.  Might get another opinion if all is not good in the next 6 weeks on continual  pain, then maybe think about a lawyer.  Good luck to all.
I'm 63 now. I had a left inguinal hernia repair in my 20s, with no recurrence, and no lasting pain or problems.

Six months ago, my right side tore, and I had an open inguinal and umbilical hernia repair four weeks ago. I was sore for a couple of days, then felt pretty good. Incisions closed, hardly any pain. I have been walking a lot, and not lifting much. Just in the last few days I have increasing pain, still not bad, at the top of my scrotum and in the muscle just above my left testicle. I already had an enlarged prostate, but now it takes longer to urinate, and it's a bit painful.

None of this is the kind of pain others here have described. My testicle "dangles", it's not swollen or tender. I just have minor pain around the inguinal canal and in the abdominal muscles, getting a little worse each day, but still not bad enough to even need an aspirin.

I'll pay close attention and get to the doc if it gets worse. Any symptoms to watch for?

Fred
I do not mean to frighten anyone by any means. Nor do I wish to downplay my experience from a Sports Hernia Repair operation I had about 3 years ago. My injury started one night having a magical moment with my wife. Immediately after I... finished I felt something was wrong with my right testicle. It was a slow burn and no pronounced wow I just blanked my blank. It was just a weird feeling of... something was wrong.
The next few days the pain got worse and I went to emergency. They gave me pain meds and sent me on my miserable way. The pain kept getting worse with it feeling like with every heart beat my right testicle was getting slapped with a steel ruler with about the same speed one would serve a ping pong ball. Not really soft and not hard as hell, but you can imagine what it would feel like if someone slapped your right testicle with a steel ruler with force.
By the next weekend I was in agony and went to the closest city's General hospital emergency dept. That turned into perhaps the worst 5 days in my life. After one ER Doc did the Inguinal Ring test the pain got worse. When I say worse I mean I was screaming, hyperventilating, and almost levitating off the table with pain! He told me to be ready for emergency Hernia surgery. The surgeon, Dr. Tadrous a pompous arrogant surgeon, had other plans though. Because nothing showed on imaging there was no way he was going to operate. The next five days I was observed and asked the same questions over and over.
Rule # 1 - If you are admitted for observation use a marker and draw on your skin where it hurts and on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst pain you can imagine write that number down. After 48 hours of observation I was asked by a dozen doctors "where does it hurt" "how did it start" "On a scale of 1-10..." you get the picture. One night at about 4 in the morning a doctor came over and started asking me those questions again. I was so fn frustrated I tried to grab her pen so that I could initiate Rule # 1. SHe freaked out thinking I was trying assault her.
Rule # 2 - never try to grab a pen from a doctor at 4 in the morning.
No one could figure it out. Before I was sent up to the cancer ward the head of surgery followed by a dozen interns showed up to look at me. He asked everyone if they had examined my feet. I was thinking what the hell does the feet have to do with me screaming with testicular pain? He pulled my socks off and immediately started looking between my toes. I was confused for about 15 seconds then realized he thought I was a drug user and because no one had taken my socks off he figured he hit gold and was about to see "track marks" what ever that looks like.
RULE # 3 - Without imaging results that show a tear most people you encounter in the medical field will think you are a drug user, be prepared and do not despair. Which leads me to
Rule # 4 - You are entitled to live free of pain if the meds are available and work!
After 5 days I was discharged. The pain subsided enough that I wasn't screaming and they wanted me the hell out of there. After 4 CT Scans 1 of them high contrast, ultrasounds up the yin yang and nothing to show for it they were not happy with being stumped. They ruled out anything that was going to kill me ie cancer and were happy to see the door hit my *** on the way out.
I spent the next several months on the internet trying to figure out what I had and stumbled on Sports Hernia. I explored the possibility of this being the problem but in Ontario, where I live, the medical field does not recognize a Sports Hernia as something real and after several specialist visits I learned that no one was going to operate until I found my saviour, Dr. Mark Aubrey in Ottawa. He is a Sports Med Doc and realizes that a Sports Hernia does exist and he referred me to Dr. Rae Brown in Montreal.
I saw Dr. Brown, a very nice older man with fingers the size of sausages. He clinically diagnosed me with Sports Hernia. He looked at me over his glasses after the examination and said "I'm not God, but that's what you have" referring to Sports Hernia. After all that I had been through I was nearly in tears. Well, not really but after I found out the operation was not covered by OHIP Insurance and was going to cost me $4000 I was in tears. I couldn't afford it. After a few more attempts to get it done in Ontario under OHIP I resigned myself to the fact that I had to borrow the money from my mom for the operation. It was getting unbearable dealing with Emergency staff not believing me I had a Sports Hernia and wondering why I hadn't had the surgery if thats what it was. Enter... the money factor. They are rich I am not.
Rule # 5 - Save Money. If your insurance doesn't recognize a Sports Hernia it is going to cost about $4000 in Montreal and I have heard up to $10,000 in the USA.
I eventually had the surgery in a private clinic in Montreal. Wow Terry Cloth Robes, nice slippers and a private room for recovery. The Doc came in and told me I had 3 tears and an entrapped Ilioinguinal Nerve. It was the worst he had seem ever and he has done hundreds of the operation.

I will continue with my story tomorrow. I have to go just now.
I have terrible pain in my left testicle and this is 2 weeks after a double hernia lap surgery.  The swelling and the bruising has gone but the pain is doing me in.  During the surgery the CO2 escaped to my chest cavity causing my right lung to collapse and inflating me like a balloon.  They woke me 5 hours after I went in and I then spent the day and night and following day in Critical Care assured in the knowledge that it was my anotomy that was to blame.  All this aside my testicle really really hurts and reading this thread is not making me feel any better.  I want this to be sorted ASAP!
I am a 37 yr old active male in great physical shape.  I had bilateral laproscopic surgery for direct inguinal hernias on 12/31/12.  I wish I had found this forum earlier, because the comments would have relieved many of my concerns during the first week of recovery.  My worst days were day 3 and 4 post-op b/ c of the urge to have a BM, and the severe pain involved w/  albeit multiple successful bowel movements.  I had consulted my sister who had recently gone through a C-Section birth and recommended to me Miralax which worked great.  I also combined it with Dulcolax Stool Softener (not to be confused with Dulcolax Stimulant Laxative).  I am in the medical profession and returned to work in one week. In retrospect, I may have returned a few days too soon, in spite of approval from my surgeon.  I DO believe that I picked an excellent surgeon, who was recommended by my primary care physician.  I am now almost 3 weeks post-op.  I have worked 2 full weeks and have gone to the gym twice for lighter workouts.  My left side feels normal, but I am experiencing pain/aches on the right hernia site and my right testicle is definitely sore.  This is normal according to my surgeon, but I am grateful to the comments that I have read on this site, and I feel reief that others are also experiencing the same thing.  I hope to be completely discomfort-free soon, but the surgeon did advise me that I would only be 80% for about 3 months.
Just had surgery 2 weeks ago almost from today. It was for a left inguinal hernia and suffered very little pain. The only pain i really suffered was from the food i was fed in hospital (private) I thought its ok I get to eat plenty of vegies, potatoes, beans, bran, fruit , milk, yoghurt and so on...........no no no it was not good at all as I was seriously constipated for the first 3 days and as im use to haveing a bowl movement 1-2 times a day on a regular basis not being able to go for 3 days after surgery was making me feel quite painful and bloated. I eventually took something to help me go as well as walking around the hospital.

I found out by eating all those foods that it produces loads of air in my stomach and constantly made me feel uncomfortable and painful. As soon as I stoped eating all that food my body felt very little pain and was able to go to the toliet normally again.(i realise certain foods react differntly to each and every indivdual but i do know that these foods create air within your stomach and there are ways to reduce it)

1- after a meal drink a glass of water
2-go for a light 15 min walk
3- avoid foods like beans, dairy, potatoes, ect...ect...
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gas-and-gas-pains/DG00014

I can feel the changes within my body but they dont seem to worry me so much....at least for now ~ I have not done much exericse
Keep in mind im quite a healthy 24 year old male

I had the best surgeon in the state so I was very glad. He told me to leave my bandages on for a week and not to bath. I took them out just a few days ago and I must say its annoying as hell the feeling as it sticks out slightly and feels like when u wear something and the tag keeps rubbing up against ur body and u cant stop fidgiting to get it to stop.

If anyone reads this and is from Canberra then I would highly recomand Dr. David Rangiah. One of the patients I was sharing a room with had his wife come in and she worked as a nurse in the same hospital. She told me that he was the best around :) as did my referring doc :D
had left inguinal hernia repair and its been 5 weeks today since surgery and I dont know if ill be like this forever but I have left testicle pain that comes and goes and what feels like bad gas or bloating. I have a pain from the 2 cuts in my groin to the left groin and left testicle. This has really affected my livelihood as im only 23 I work out and play sports a lot. If this continues for life suicide will be my only option out of this. Obviously theres a problem we all have and theres nothing nobody can do or find wrong. This was my biggest fear about the hernia surgery as I did research online weeks b4 my surgery and found countless amounts of ppl complaining about testicle pain that never goes away after surgery. My surgeon told me this testicle pain may never go away and to jus take Tylenol or ibuprofen, easy 4 a woman to say lol anyways i dont know if i should even bother going to the dr since it seems no dr can find whats wrong with every1 whos had hernia surgery. i cant afford it really either. So if some1 has an answer about this left testicle pain im listening. I read gas can pinch the left tests but its not from a legit source and i haven't found nothing about it anywhere.
Hi - I am a 53 year old female in fairly good health. Over the years I have had 7 abdominal surgeries - with no complications. I had to have surgery 4 weeks ago for the inguinal hernia on the right side - Of course they had to do an incision because of all the past surgeries. I had a 5 inch incision... The incision has healed great and not much pain..but my problem is this constant burning pain in the groin area and right leg pain. It actually feels like razor burns with 3rd degree burns on top of it. The doctor tells me it just takes time to heal...and that I need to stop the strong pain killers and switch to advil. Guess it is easy for him to say - he isn't in constant pain. My husband asked him did he use the mesh and he stated no. Just can't understand this much pain. I have had 2 c sections and hysterectomy and never experienced this type of pain.
Remember most who post in forums like this have problems which is why they are posting, that's not a criticism people. I believe those with problems often do have them as a result of poor surgery techniques and I really hope they get a good resolution.

Many who have no issues don't post their stories which makes the overall view very negative. Hernia repair is one of the most common operations performed. As with all things there are some bad results and undoubtedly some bad surgeons too. It's a shame the medical profession isn't better at auditing itself instead of everyone covering everyone else's backside. This is my recounting of my positive result...

At 52 a small hernia I had had for over 20 years got larger and started to hurt intermittently. I was referred to a surgeon who suggested he operate. I had a left side open inguinal repair done with mesh. I'm tall and slim (good genes), not fit but otherwise healthy.

Operated on on Wednesday 29th August 2012, went home Thursday, needed no pain relief from the Sunday and had only been on paracetamol until then. Was driving again the next Wednesday. Started going to the gym (which I hadn't been before surgery) in October - first leg curl was a wake up to go easy but otherwise no problems.

Had numbness below the cut and into the scrotum and top of my leg initially. After a few weeks or perhaps a couple of months all was normal except just below the cut for about 2 inches. Orgasm sensation was reduced to perhaps half.

In the last few weeks (mid April 2013) sensation has returned below the cut and, lucky for me, so has full orgasm sensation. Until then I would get an occasional twinge from the cut and below. Since then have had no pain of any kind.

I found this forum when looking up some of the post operative effects: mild pain as nerves reattached, blue then black scrotum, some minor painless scrotal swelling.

My operation was done in Australia by a surgeon of Chinese origin.

At least a decade a go my Dad had a bilateral laparoscopic repair done and remembers no issues with his either.
I had inguinal hernia repair 6 weeks ago by a Chinese doctor at KP in North Calif. I believe he was a good surgeon. I'm 65 and in excellent health. I had open surgery with a mesh. I took 3 pain pills after surgery and then just tolerated the pain. I don't like what the pain pill were doing to my head.

I started walking the day after surgery. I went to Hawaii two weeks after the surgery and went surfing for about an hour at 6 weeks. All through the recovery phase, I have had sharp pain. The pain has very slowly subsided.  Before I went surfing I was feeling almost pain free. After surfing, I begin getting a sharp pain in my upper thigh and around the area of the incision. I probably over did it by with going out surfing, but I don't believe I compromised the repair.

I'm doing some stretching and that seems to help. I believe one has keep active. The abdomen is a very sensitive area and I believe surgeons give a rosier picture of recovery than is reality. I think the key is keep active, and if you start feeling sharp pain, take it easy for a while. One criticism of the medical system is physical therapy is not usually provided after this operation. It would be helpful to have a list of exercises and timelines for recovery.
My partner has the same problem with hip pain, how long was it before yours was sorted
Did you ever get relief? I just had surgery 2 weeks ago and have same burning knifing pain but its below incision in groin radiating upwards. I may walk with no pain and it may hit me and the knifing pain almost drops me. It feels like an infection.
On September 15th, 2014 I had a hernia removed from my scrotum. It was fatty tissue, about 1.25 lbs of fatty tissue. Doc said it was the largest he's ever removed. I have a polyethylene mesh. Still, almost 4 months later I'm still in pain. Not everyday though. There are days where the pain is at the incision site and days where the pain is in the scrotum. Tylenol, Advil, or anything over the counter helps with the pain. Only the hydrocodone that my doc prescribed helps with the pain. I had a CT Scan done but the doc said nothing seems wrong that could be causing the pain. But the pain is there. Sometimes so bad it causes me to throw up and knocks me to my knees. I'm trying to walk everyday as the doc said but the pain hits me later in the day. Bad thing is, my job requires me to walk between 4 to 6 miles in a 12 hour period. So I'm trying to match that so I can back to work. But if I walk more than 3 miles I'm in extreme pain later in the day.

So now I go to the urologist that originally referred me to the hernia surgeon and he knows exactly what it is and he was right!!! The nerve would every now and then get pinched in the polyethylene mesh. I'm going in for an ultrasound and he says it's an easy fix.
I had laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair surgery about 8 weeks ago.  Felt good for two weeks and then testicle pain on both sides after convincing my wife into a rendezvous. So it's been about 6 week of pain.  The pain is less at night time and builds through the morning.  Also it alternates between the right and left although both are always sore to touch or move. Also seem to hang low and unhealthy. I've seen three different urologists and received three diagnoses - 1) leave it alone and wait as long as it takes, 2) epididymitis 3) no idea what the problem is.  I just started a round of Doxycycline and will report back if it helped.

Anyone go through something like this?

I am a 43 year old female. I had a strangulated inguinal hernia mesh repair in the UK back in 2001. I had an Ethicon Prolene Mesh by Johnson and Johnson. I have always had issues with the area but the past two years since 2013 I kept getting these debilitating groin pains both sides where it rendered me totally useless and unable to walk. Also, terrible stomach and groin infections. I would be on antibiotics for 3 months at a time trying to clear the infection and the pain would always end up in that area of the mesh. So I finally see this surgeon in Sarasota called Dr. Yunis very good surgeon does mesh removal and all the procedures no other doctor will touch. So he removes the mesh and does a triple nurectomy and a sholdice repair. The first 3 weeks I stayed in bed with ice. Then week four I started walking as the weight was just piling on me from being in bed and not moving. So I walk a mile daily and I am very slow from a car accident prior to this so not like I was doing anything that would damage me or rip me. So anyway, I waited to have sex after 4 weeks so it wouldn't of been that. I was seeing improvement every week up until I hit week 8/9 then all of a sudden it starts pulling, burning feeling sharp hurts like a ***** while I am walking have to hold myself and take an oxycodone for pain. I went back to see him today  6/6/15 and he said cough gave me an exam and said good news you don't have a hernia he said he was not concerned but it still hurts. He said that I will always have a degree of pain because I had it for so long and that the pain is sent from the nerons into my brain.. He suggested holistic therapies and yoga and such. So I guess this is going to hurt forever more and probably have flare ups according to other posts. Nightmare. I suffer chronic pain 24/7 from my car accident injuries so this is just one more thing to deal with. I wish we didn't have to suffer pain. Good luck everyone.
I also suffer from injuries and 2 months ago underwent 5 abdominal hernia repairs at one time which caused more nerve pain.  I recently tried a procedure to burn the nerves causing my pain.  This actually works.  The area feels numb but I would rather feel numb then the extreme burning pulling tingling pain as before.  This procedure has to be done every year but it is worth it.  I hope you feel better.
Hello Sir,

Last  year november 2015 i had  this surgery its been 9 weeks everything goes fine i ride my bike i do my regular activites   except jim workout bt dunno why, sometimes  i get pain on my right testise. Doc suggested me to take a pain killer tablet . its fine after i take the tablet.
one thing bothers me alot even after having surgery why is tat we get pain in our testis.

I have recently went through a hernia op 2 weeks post op my 2 year nephew came running at me I went to my hunkers and lifted him to my knee I heard a snap the next day the pain has got worse and is no in my testicals have a ripped the mesh?
I had my second hernia op 30 days ago. My surgeon told me everything went well, and then off he went!!

I went back to him a week later as I was in agony. My left testicle felt swollen, from the top, down the outside and bottom. He said, it's all good.

30 days later, 1 course of antibiotics and my left testicle kills me. The other symptoms are burning sensation through scrotum. I also get funny pains over into hips.

I have tried wearing tight jock support, briefs and boxers. Today is first day with boxers and first day with such bad burning sensation.

Any ideas or answers??? This is out of control and I didn't have one problem with my right side hernia op.

Starting to stress me out!!! Someone, anyone??
So here is another follow up......

I went in and had an Ultrasound done. Was painful, very painful. The result came back saying I have one hydrocele on right side and on the problem side it appears to be Epididymis.

They are guessing this was caused from trauma during operation.

I have just started a new batch of antibiotics and will let you all know how I go!!
Its only 6 hours not 12. After 12hrs your testicles are more less dead and have to be removed.