Urology Community
Pain in lower back and right testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain in lower back and right testicle

For about a week now, I've had pain localized to lower back with muscular tension. Testicle is very sensitive, making it difficult at times to walk. No unusual urine and the pain seems to subside and then return. Some slight nausea when pain is most intense, but otherwise no other symptoms. Have had occasional bouts of this in the past, but feels a bit worse now. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion( most common in young men), excessive bicycle riding, hernia,varicocele or kidney or ureteric stones.

As there is no swelling or inflammation or redness of the scrotal sacs, so the chances of epidiymitis or orchitis are rare. In cases of hernia, a prominent bulge along with testicular pain is there and in cases of kidney or ureteric stones, pain during micturition may also be there.

Lab investigations like complete blood examination, urine examination, ultrasound lower abdomen and sometimes a urethral swab will help in diagnosis. Treatment will be started thereafter.My advise would be to consult a urologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind regards.
Thank you. I'm wondering now if it might not be a lower back (disc or nerve) problem? I've had no other symptoms and the ball that hurts is on the same side as the back pain.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Testicular pain of such kind can be due to spinal or back problems.Compression or irritation of the nerves can cause such pain in testicles.

A consultation of a neurologist and MRI spine or MR neurography may be done to confirm the diagnosis.Treatment depednds on the confirmation of diagnosis.

I hope it helps.Take care and regards.

Hello again. So today I've noticed a painful node about the size of a BB on the side of my testicle. It's in (or on) the fibrous tissue around the testicle. Not super hard, but painful (and lower back is still painful as well). Realize that I should get this checked-out but wondering what it could be.
Thanks.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This painful node can be a sebaceous cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

So did you find out what your problem was? I have the exact same symptoms,  lower back pain, some pain in front of the kidney, and also the right testicle.  I read the replies and the spine and nerve problem feels more correct to me.