Urology Community
Right Testicle / Right Buttock Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Right Testicle / Right Buttock Pain

I've had a pain in my right testicle for some time now.  The pain also goes through to my right buttock.  It is very intense.  When I wake up in the morning the pain is gone but after I start my day I notice the pain starts and gets worse through the day.  I've had several test run but they have all come back normal.  The pain is strictly on my right side.  Could this pain be nerve pain, muscle pain or bone?
Tags: testicle
Hi, I am having the same problem. I've done many test Ultrasound, Blood work, Urin test.  No conclusion.  

Mine also starts out not as bad in the morning and then as the day goes on gets worse.  I've had this for a few months not, its very frustrating.   Did you find out what happened? Did it go away?

Please Let me Know.. thank you.

btw, mine is on the left side...
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Have you consulted a neurologist or rehabilitation medicine specialist?

A complete neurologic exam may be able to help. Discuss with your physician the possibility of a nerve impingement.

Is there any associated tingling or burning pain?

Any problems with sexual function?

Was a complete testicular examination done including a testicular ultrasound?

Was a urinalysis done?

Keep us posted.
I've been to a neurologist but he said I was fine.  Nothing wrong with me.  He only told me to walk around and tested my reflexes.  He said he couldn't help me.  He ruled out pinched nerve.

I have tingling feeling in the inner thigh.  Aching lower back pain, lower ab pain.

No problem with sexual function, except when I have an erection, it feels like my left testicle is very tightly pushed towards my body.  When I don't have erection I can see that my left testicle is hanging higher and pushed forward more than my right.  I don't think it was like this before.

I've seen an urologist, he briefly felt my testicle and I've done a testicular ultrasound.  Urologist confirms that I don't have prostatitis.

I've done urin test for anytype of STD. Negative.

Done a CT scan on abdominal.  Kidney okay.  Although the Urologist did comment that I have a lot of stool.  Could this be a cause?

Overall, it feels like my left testicle is being pulled up from the lower ab.  Feels like somebody pulled my spermatic cord up.  And I remember during the first on set of this pain was when I had an erection, and at that moment my left testicle felt tight and then it never went away.

I've tried Cipro for 7 days.  Not much effect within the 7 days.  Do you think I am supposed to be on it for a longer time for it to take any effect?

I was also put on Naproxen for 3 wks.  Didn't seem to help much at all, not even for the pain.

Any suggestions?  Any other test that I can do?  Should I see another Urologist for 2nd opinion?  
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Was your urinalysis able to show something? Do not stop any medications until you have discussed this with your physician.

Do you feel constipated lately?

Any change in stool character or any changes in bowel movement?

Any history of colon disorders?

You have mentioned that analgesics do not relieve the pain.  If diagnostic tests were not able to show any focus of an infection, obstruction or inflammation, other factors have to be ruled out.

Do keep us posted regarding your answers.
The urinalysis did not show anything wrong.  I finished all medication that was prescribed by my doctors.  I was only wondering if 7 days wasn't enough for treatment for this type.  My doctor only prescribed me for 7 days.

I do feel a bit constipated lately.  The stools are hard and ball shaped.  It's been like that for weeks, actually more than a month.  My stools never used to be like that.  Even if it was, it never lasted this long.  I don't know if it was because I have pain on the left side, so I've been crunching my stomach on my left.  Or could this be the cause of my pain?  (Kind of like the Chicken or Egg question.   which came first??)

Would it be possible? Bowel/colon cause my testicle to be pulled up??

Should I see another Urologist? or what about gastrologist?

BTW.. Thank you Vanessa.. you are being very helpful.

I to have right testicle and buttocks pain that progress during the day. My right buttocks satrts hurting after i've been sitting for a short or long period of time. My right testicle starts hurting in the morning after a night of love making or a eight hour day of heavy lifting and sitting for a short or long period of time. I went to the doctor a few months ago and he said i had an inffection that was caused by fluid in my testicle. I dont know whats wrong with me but i need answers.
Did you ever find anything out?  I too am having the same pains (the past 6 months).  Feels like pain behind the right testicle, sometimes on top, and my right buttock gets sore as well.  In the morning it feels best, but progresses throughout the day.  If I'm not sitting alot during a day, those days seem to be a little better, but otherwise its annoying.  Mine feels like a dragging, aching pain (very rarely burning).  I went the doctor twice 4 months ago and nothing was wrong according to a digital rectal exam, testicular screen.  At a loss....
I am regular runner and occasionally get a similar problem. I would advise you to take a visit to an osteopath as I think it could just be a piriformis strain or other muscles in the hip area. For possible relief try sitting on the floor with your legs in front of you and rolling the buttock muscles on a tennis ball. See link for video
http://www.athletestreatingathletes.com/mobilization-techniques/tennis-ball-mobilization-back-of-the-hip/
good luck