Urology Community
Right testicle pain top & bottom..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Right testicle pain top & bottom..

I am a 45 year old heterosexually active male.  
I have been having intermittent pain in my right testicle that sometimes radiates into lower right abdomen for a few weeks now.  (I sometimes feel a slight discomfort in the left testicle as well but that may just be paranoia)  It started a few days after sex.  The cord running down the back of the testicle seems to be firm and tender.  Also the cords that attach to the bottom of the testicle (spermatic cord?) are very firm and appear to be swollen.  No burning when urinating, no discharge.  There is no swelling in or redness in the scrotum.  
This morning I started having a pulsing sensation in the same area...like crimping off the flow of water through a hose.  It seems to be associated with my heart beat but it comes and goes.
UTI, chlamydia & gonorrhea tests were negative per a urine specimen & culture.
Before getting a vasectomy, four years ago, I would at times get a painful twist in the epididymis after a strong ejaculation but would usually go away with in an hour.  That has not happened since the vasectomy.
I have an appointment with a urologist in five days...my question, can I wait or should I go to a medical center before then?  Suggestions on what the potential problem could be?

Thanks,
A little worried
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections (STD or non-STDs), inflammations, trauma, neuro-muscular causes, growths/ masses, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Actually, no.  This did not help out at all.  
I was not looking for a detailed and definitive diagnosis as indicated by requesting a few legitimate "suggestions".
I all ready mentioned that STD's had been tested for and ruled out and that I do have an appointment with a urologist scheduled.
IMO this seems to be a canned or cut & paste answer.
Thanks anyway
It is not possible to give a definite diagnosis online without a detailed clinical evaluation and appropriate laboratory investigations. A few legitimate suggestions have been enumerated that may need to be considered as possible causes and evaluated for. There are other STDs aside chlamydia & gonorrhea that could present similarly. It is best advised to consult a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.

Take care!