Urology Expert Forum
Shrinking Scrotum
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Shrinking Scrotum

I am 25 years old and during the summer of 2004, I was under severe stress for 2-3 months over a relationship with girlfriend.  Few weeks after this time frame, I started to notice that my penis, testicles, and my scrotum are shrinking.  After going to the doctor few times end of last year and beginning of this year, I was diagnosed with low testosterone and my endocrinologist said I have primary hypogonadism.  Since I am not taking any artificial testosterone (since my doctor said I will completely lose my ability to have children if I do), I understand and accept the loss of erection and loss of size and girth of the penis as well as the loss of size of the testicles, but I do not understand what is causing my scrotum to shrink.  My endocrinologist as well as other patients suffering form primary testicular failure said scrotum does not shrink because of low testosterone.  But mine is shrinking and they have shrunk 75-80%. Due to my small scrotum size, my testicles do not hang low like they used to and it barely changes size with temperature.  Because of its size, it
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
Difficult to say without evaluation.

You can consider a scrotal ultrasound to evaluate the anatomy.  It may be possible that problems with blood flow can lead to changes in the scrotal size.  The ultrasound will be able to rule out this possibility.

Another consideration would be a testicular biopsy.  This can be done for a more definitive diagnosis of what may be causing the shrinking.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician or urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
37 Comments
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
A related discussion, testicle shrinkage was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker