Urology Community
Small Slightly Painful Lump at Top of Testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

About yesterday my left testicle started being more sensitive to pressure, the way it feels after being hit, but I don't remember any serious injury. It was and still is only sensitive near the top. Then today, I felt a small lump at the top of the testicle, and felt the most severe pain when I pushed on it. It is a very small bump, almost like a pimple. The testicle isn't swollen or raised, the only symptom is this painful pimple-like bump. It's near where I believe the base of the epididymus is. I did some research, and the closest things I could find are epididymals cysts or cancer. I'm wondering if anyone has any more information on what this might be.
well im 13 an i have a small lump on the top of my testical to but it dosnt seem to hurt when presure is added im wondering if this is a normal thing or not i try to not touch it because im worried it might make it worst but i read into this an it might be testical cancer but i think the lump has to be on the skin an testical
Avatar_dr_m_tn
From the symptom it looks like an infected hair follicle or boil. Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case. Also then get the possibility of epididymal cyst(although less likely) ruled out. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.