Urology Community
Soft tissue damage/bruising on glans(glands).

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

So I've never talked to my doctor about it, because that would be uncomfortable for me, and its not a serious problem, its only cosmetic. Im not sure how long ive had it, probably 4 years or more. It is pretty much a bruise on the right side of the urethra about the size of a fingernail. Its purplish/brownish in color. Im not sure how it happened, it could be some sort of hickey type damage (suction wound). Or from getting hit or something. It is most visible when my penis is flacid, but when erect it is much more of a skin color and is difficult to see. I was wondering what i could do to treat this. Is there any treatment or will it be there forever? Also Since i was very young i have had scar tissue on the shaft of the penis which is visible when i draw back the foreskin (its on the foreskin) I remember my doctor saying that it was from the fact that i couldnt pull back my foreskin as a child and it caused some scarring when it was forced. The scars look like little whiteheads almost, they are mostly flat and elongated about a mm or less thick. They "pepper" the area.
Sorry, i was wondering if anyone else suffers from something similar, and if there is any treatment. Its not that noticable but it is still an area im self concious of.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This doesn’t sound something urgent. I understand this may be a source of discomfort but the fact that  this has been present for the past 4 years and did not present with any symptoms may suggest that this is something benign and probably does not need any further intervention.

This discoloration may  have a vascular cause.

Has the discoloration in some ways affected other areas? Has it enlarged ?

Is there any itchiness or pain in the area?

I suggest that you refrain from unnecessarily touching this. As it involves the head of the penis, I do not suggest that you apply any medications on the area without prior consult with your physician.